Fair price for Marantz Sr6008 used in demo room

boombox

Hi all,

Further to my recent purchase of the Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ 5235 XT 5.1 channel setup, I am planning to upgrade my old receiver (Denon 1508) with one of the below mentioned:

Pioneer VSX 1131: INR 46,000/- without bill and INR 52,000/- with bill.
Denon X2200: INR 55,000/- with bill
Marantz Sr 5010: INR 67,000/- without bill
Marantz Sr 6010: INR 78,000/- without bill

Of the above mentioned I could not audition any of the receivers (in Hyderabad) but am inclined towards Denon X2200 from the pricing point.

I also have a Marantz SR 6008 which was used in a demo room for 2+ yrs being offered at INR 55,000/-. I would be auditioning this and the Denon X2200 possibly tomorrow.

I have the set up in my living room (size 15*12 feet with multiple doors and windows) and I see limited scope for a 7.1 channel set up with no space behind my seating place. But Dolby Atmos; maybe.

My movies to music consumption is in the ratio 70:30.

1. Which of the above mentioned AVRs would be best suited to my speakers?
2. Are the above mentioned AVRs available at a lower price else where?
3. Would the Marantz SR6008 be an overkill for my speakers? If not, what would be the fair price for the same?
4. Dealer says, warranty is valid on the Pioneer irrespective of bill? Is this possible?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Further to my recent purchase of the Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ 5235 XT 5.1 channel setup, I am planning to upgrade my old receiver (Denon 1508) with one of the below mentioned:

Of the above mentioned I could not audition any of the receivers (in Hyderabad) but am inclined towards Denon X2200 from the pricing point.

There seems to be not much difference between X1200 & X2200... X2200 offers component video inputs, composite video inputs, more analogue inputs and dual HDMI output.. If these are are not necessary, you can settle for x1200..

Audyssey calibration (Audyssey MultEQ XT) seems to be the same in both the models..

I also have a Marantz SR 6008 which was used in a demo room for 2+ yrs being offered at INR 55,000/-. I would be auditioning this and the Denon X2200 possibly tomorrow.

Skip the Marantz SR 6008, No point upgrading an AVR that doesn't offer Atmos (or) DTS X upgrade

I have the set up in my living room (size 15*12 feet with multiple doors and windows) and I see limited scope for a 7.1 channel set up with no space behind my seating place. But Dolby Atmos; maybe.

If surround back is not possible, you can add front heights..

3. Would the Marantz SR6008 be an overkill for my speakers? If not, what would be the fair price for the same?
4. Dealer says, warranty is valid on the Pioneer irrespective of bill? Is this possible?

If you are on budget, Denon x1200 seems a better choice.. Price also might be lesser.. Add a second sub in the saved moeny :eek:hyeah:

Either Denon X1200 (or) Pioneer VSX 1131..

In chennai without bill burma bazzar pieces are avaliable for around 36-38,000 .

This is quiet tempting. But the person I am dealing with is an authorized distributor for pioneer and says he can manage warranty even without bill (for pioneer only).

By the way, are the products sold in Burma bazaar genuine? And if something goes wrong will I be able to get it fixed from pioneer (out of warranty of course)

There seems to be not much difference between X1200 & X2200... X2200 offers component video inputs, composite video inputs, more analogue inputs and dual HDMI output.. If these are are not necessary, you can settle for x1200..

Audyssey calibration (Audyssey MultEQ XT) seems to be the same in both the models..

Skip the Marantz SR 6008, No point upgrading an AVR that doesn't offer Atmos (or) DTS X upgrade

If surround back is not possible, you can add front heights..

If you are on budget, Denon x1200 seems a better choice.. Price also might be lesser.. Add a second sub in the saved moeny :eek:hyeah:

Either Denon X1200 (or) Pioneer VSX 1131..

I am quite convinced that it's either Denon X1200 or pioneer vsx1131. Question is which one would be better as I cannot audition them.

Also where do I buy it from, given the above scenarios including the Burma bazaar option.

Last edited:
If x1200 u can get it in the range of 40 to 44 k price range.As Elangoas pointed u can add front heights or ceiling speakers to experience Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 and DTS X.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Out of all those Denon x2200 is better option if you want the latest codec like atmos or dts x. Personally I would prefer Marantz sr6008:licklips:. You can go with it if you bargain and get it below 50k.

Denon x1200 & denon x2200 not have much difference aprt from some video out and ins along with little power. You can save some money and go with denon x1200 and put the saved money on the 2nd sub. You will have a magical setup after these 2 upgrades.

Happy shopping.

Hi all,

If it's features you're after, go for the vsx1131 or the x1200. If you're looking at superior performance the sr6008 would outshine the above two by a fair margin, you could bargain a little more and pick it up, this one compares with the slightly higher models of denon, maybe the x3100.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Dont go for used Marantz. The healthy lifespan of a receiver is around 2 years especially one which was used as a demo piece, and you can expect headaches very soon.
Go for genuine one, with bill and warranty and have peace of mind.

Thanks all for the inputs.

I shall be auditioning the Marantz SR6008 and the Denon X1200 and possibly X2200 today.

I shall decide once the auditioning is done.

I was planning to bargain hard for the SR6008 and see if I can bring it down to 40k. Will decide once I do this.:D

Hi,

6008 is an old model. The new ones are 6009 and 6010...so bargain hard as u r purchasing without warranty...demo units would not be used much but if he is offering seller warranty then the deal will be sweetened to some extent...

Quote 38k and close max @ 44/45k

Hi,

Check all HDMI ports...all channels for amplification...see if the avr has been opened or repaired....check all the features or mode u will use is functional..

Hi all,

Getting the marantz sr6008 for 40k if i close the deal now. What say?

Any pointers on what to check?
HDMI ports to be checked primarily, if there's any sort of warranty nothing like it. If in perfect working condition sounds like a good deal, I would go for it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back