Fair price for Technics sl1210

elt93

Hello.
I'm getting a technics sl1210 mk2 which is slightly cosmetically challenged but functionally good. What would be a good offer for it? It's coming without a cartridge.

Hello.
I'm getting a technics sl1210 mk2 which is slightly cosmetically challenged but functionally good. What would be a good offer for it? It's coming without a cartridge.

Mint condition would be around 40-50K. You can scale down the price accordingly.

Cheers.

So the seller has a pair and won't let go unless I take both of them. I'll be inspecting them tomorrow although I cannot afford both. If anybody else is interested in the second table pm me.

So the seller has a pair and won't let go unless I take both of them. I'll be inspecting them tomorrow although I cannot afford both. If anybody else is interested in the second table pm me.

That indicates that this pair is used for DJing and obviously not in good cosmetic shape. Might have taken a bit of beating.

Last edited:
That indicates that this pair is used for DJing and obviously not in good cosmetic shape. Make have taken a bit of beating.

That is true. But if everything is working fine there shouldn't be a problem right? Anything in particular that I should pay more attention to while checking the turntables? :rolleyes:

^^ Four feet,
Platter play no wobble and
tonearm not bent, no dent and no bearing play,
Arm Height adjustment works and list lock not broken n works,
que lever works - arm up and down
arm rest not broken

Last edited:
Make sure it holds the speed correctly, without any
fluctuations of the strobe markings on the platter.
If any fluctuations or runaway, the motor speed control ICs may be damaged,
and they are not easily available.

As Om mentioned, ensure platter bearing play/wobble and
no play in the tonearm bearings.

Check the pitch adjustment, if it is working properly.

Check if all LEDs and the Popup lights are functional.

Anyhow, if has been used for DJing, then you need to properly
service it.

Take pictures and post them here so more eyeballs can spot any issue.

So I checked them out. The tonearm assembly and everything seems fine on both. Had each table play a record for about 20 minutes. No fluctuations in speed. Pitch controls work on both. Here are the problems. One table's cue lever is missing. The on off knob over the main light is also missing on it. It's also missing 2 out of 4 feet. The other one is mostly fine. However both need a paint job. There are scratches and the paint is peeling off. But apparently the main things that is the motor speed and tonearm seem to be fine on both. Original asking price was 40k for the pair but they are obviously not worth it especially without cartridges. Should I pursue these? If yes then what should I offer?
I tried but I can't upload pictures here.

Will I get the required parts here in India? I'll offer 25k and see if the seller bites it. I was especially worried about the cue lever. Otherwise the other issues seem to be manageable.

Will I get the required parts here in India? I'll offer 25k and see if the seller bites it. I was especially worried about the cue lever. Otherwise the other issues seem to be manageable.

You will get all the spares on ebay.

Every single spare is available for the 1200/1210 across various sites around the world. I've had good experiences with eBay, Amazon, technics1200s.com, kabusa.com to name a few.

Paint job on any turntable is a tough job as you might not be able to keep the original markings and types intact. And the fact that they don't look OK might cause a lot of heartache letter on:)

Paint job on any turntable is a tough job as you might not be able to keep the original markings and types intact. And the fact that they don't look OK might cause a lot of heartache letter on:)

I've repainted a dual 1216 before. My only paint job. It surprisingly came out very well. The only problem with this technics would be the lettering. I'd have to use stickers I guess.... Well I'm still waiting for the seller to drop the price. It's more of a project for me to pass my time... It'll also increase my limited knowledge with turntables... :D

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back