Feasibility of Building a HT room with a streaming device/service like Netflix.

Interesting thread! @Prashob , what is the final setup you got settled with! It'd be interesting to know. I'm in the process of upgrading my HT setup, plan is to bring in a good Denon (3400H!) or a Marantz (60xx!) AVR to replace my old Onkyo, going to move to 4k OLED display to replace my Sony W950B (which I still feel a decent one but not going to give 4K!).
For media sources, I'm planning to go with nvidia shield since it'd cover most streaming apps minus the atmos feature on Netflix which I'm planning to compensate with Netflix app on TV that supports Dolby vision and atmos (whenever I'm watching specific title that has atmos). nvidia should also help with some local rips I have, but not sure how long I'll cotinue to maintain the library with the local rips while things are moving fast to online world and streaming continues to add more and more features. Due to the fact that Apple tv 4k support netflix with atmos and can also be a good online library for few select titles that you can buy and watch anytime, I may add apple tv 4k along side the nvidia (which I read better for playing local media) as I build on.

Well for what it's worth. Iam probably one of the earlier converts to 4k, and have a 65 inch 4k LG tv from 2013. And Iam happy with streaming services from Netflix and Amazon prime. The thought of a dedicated 4k or UHD spinner has never crossed my mind. I like the convenience of streaming. Though it is lower in quality in both audio or video to a dedicated 4k player. I remember buying my first HD blu ray at a very steep price. And saw the prices crash to 5000 INR in 4 years time. So I guess I will wait till the prices of players and discs also come to a reasonable price point. I would never spend 3000INR on a one time watchable 4k movie, irrespective of great the video and audio is. Maybe Iam not a movie buff, but it is just me. Let prices come down, till then streaming with its cheap entry price, huge options galore suits me just fine

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back