Feedback on Monitor Audio Bronze 2

mayukh80

Hello everyone,

i have been using Diamond 9.2 with SA7001 and CA 740 A for sometime.

for last couple of weeks was toying with the idea of upgrading my speakers.

i would like your inputs Monitor Audio Bronze 2 or something else.

i am looking forward to use a network player in couple of months followed by a turntable

Hello everyone,

i am looking forward to use a network player in couple of months followed by a turntable
The MA Bronze is a classic since the range has been around for more than 15years now. very sensitive speakers which do not need much power. They do need a heavy stand ( ideally metal) for them to work well though

The MA Bronze is a classic since the range has been around for more than 15years now. very sensitive speakers which do not need much power. They do need a heavy stand ( ideally metal) for them to work well though
Thanks for your feedback. I have a pair of wooden stands which weighs around 25-30 kgs each and are sturdy enough considering my Diamond 9.2.

However, do you know where to get sturdier stands incase I go for the Monitor Audio?

I use Emit M20's they are fantastic. Heard the MA Bronze sounded a bit muddled to me, MA Silver are decent though.
abosolutely agreewith you kumar ji. one of my friend use emit 20 with audiolab and i"m very much surprise the dyna"s sound so big and in low volume the bass is incridable.

abosolutely agreewith you kumar ji. one of my friend use emit 20 with audiolab and i"m very much surprise the dyna"s sound so big and in low volume the bass is incridable.
Yes, the Driver's are really well designed, with a good Amp they produce a huge soundstage with with full Bass response and good overall clarity.

Makes me wonder how exceptional the 2.5 Lakh Anniversary 40 edition's must sound they are about the same size.

Hello everyone,

I use their early predessor, BX2. They are nice.

Yes, the Driver's are really well designed, with a good Amp they produce a huge soundstage with with full Bass response and good overall clarity.

Makes me wonder how exceptional the 2.5 Lakh Anniversary 40 edition's must sound they are about the same size.
How would it be like to pair with my existing CA 740 A?? I dont have that kinda dough to go for complete overhaul

Re u talking about special 40 ? thats the different league from dyna"s.

How would it be like to pair with my existing CA 740 A?? I dont have that kinda dough to go for complete overhaul
I've never heard the Amp myself but the spec looks decent to me - does 150W RMS into 4ohms which is what these Speakers are, Cambridge Audio have a good pedigree so I think you're good to go with your Amp. I also noticed your Amp has a Pre Out so you can always add a Power Amp at a later date if ever get the urge to do so.

Re u talking about special 40 ? thats the different league from dyna"s.
Ya Dynaudio Special 40th Anniversary edition. I know they are bit upmarket compared to what we discussing in this thread, but come on, man's gotta dream a little bit aint he :cool:

I've never heard the Amp myself but the spec looks decent to me - does 150W RMS into 4ohms which is what these Speakers are, Cambridge Audio have a good pedigree so I think you're good to go with your Amp. I also noticed your Amp has a Pre Out so you can always add a Power Amp at a later date if ever get the urge to do so.
Sirji,
the CA 740 A going by poor man’s choice in audiophile world delivers decent output .. ofcourse it depends upon the ear one has & i have the worst kind with mild hearing loss
jokes apart if I am not wrong this amp has a rating of 100W RMS at 8ohms/ 150 at 4 ohms...
to make the Dyna audio at home i will use Zeus Z1 IC... and the existing Furutech sound cables.
at the end you have dropped a carrot in the name of power-amp.
since i am blind and bit deaf too.... so would go by your words

Sirji,
the CA 740 A going by poor man’s choice in audiophile world delivers decent output .. ofcourse it depends upon the ear one has & i have the worst kind with mild hearing loss
jokes apart if I am not wrong this amp has a rating of 100W RMS at 8ohms/ 150 at 4 ohms...
to make the Dyna audio at home i will use Zeus Z1 IC... and the existing Furutech sound cables.
at the end you have dropped a carrot in the name of power-amp.
since i am blind and bit deaf too.... so would go by your words

I can relate to you regarding hearing loss I too suffer from this condition I cant hear very high frequencies. Its hereditary condition I turned 60 this year so a day will arrive when I will not longer be able to enjoy listening to music as I do today. But still the "glass is half full" today - so I enjoy my music :) played "Art Blakey's Night in Tunisia" today with my revamped setup and it gave me so much joy. This was recorded in the year I was born they had such good microphones in them days. HDtracks remastered it and it's just fabulous.

I'm using a Linn Klout Power Amplifier, line level inputs fed straight from the DAC. Although it has similar Power specs to your CA it also happens to be very musical too.

Although your CA certainly seems to have the oomph to drive the Speaker I cant really comment on how good it will sound. If you're able to find a dealer willing to allow you to demo the said speakers with your Amp then that would be the best option.

BTW, what source are you using?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back