final components for HTPC

hey spiro i hope you mean this wrt to scaling???

MPC-HC plays 1080p movies on my 720p pv8. It can be configured to play through ffdshow/coreavc/internal mpchc DXVA filters. CPU utilization never over 15%

Just checked ,new vlc is playing 1080p mkv on 720 moniter smoothly.
Downloaded MPC-HC,but it cld play only aud,no vid?

Just checked ,new vlc is playing 1080p mkv on 720 moniter smoothly.
Downloaded MPC-HC,but it cld play only aud,no vid?

sirjee in (internal) options check DXVA, VC1 and uncheck everything else. Also in ffshow decoder (in codecs section) set to pkay h264 and others as you may chose.

MPC-HC like VLC (with proper settings) keeps CPU usage pretty low around 10-15% though VLC offers limited options it is light on system resources.

Godspeed!!!

i have had no problems playing movies on it even now with some shitty 128 bit card

i just use the old 2008 Klite mega codec pack 3.4.5 codes

ram is 1GB
its only i want to connect pc to the LCD so im looking for another card

(frankly i dont know how people complain that these older PCs not being able do dvd rips(maybe i just play low res dvd rips). i probably belive in that stement here a wile ago - "you dont need a rocket to get to work" or something like that:eek:hyeah:)

Amen to that:)

hey i assimilated a lot of knowledge from the forums regarding the AMD HTPC solution using X2 Athlons..........what about the Intel........any low power proc and mobo combo in mind. :sad:

Intel recently launched the SU9600 cpu. It is a dual core @1.6ghz that consumes just 10W!! Unfortunately it is a ball grid array not the regular socket cpu. This means the cpu will come soldered to the mobo on its 100+ contact points.

If we find a Nvidia 9400 mobo with this SU9600 it will make a dream always-on htpc + storage array with 802.11n and hdmi out capable of 7.1 lpcm audio.

I've actually waited and postponed buying a laptop for 3 full years now because no notebook has hdmi out and 802.11n! Finally by beginning of next year there will be a slew of products using a cpu/mobo having the very precise features I've wanted for so long!! :licklips:

Just need to locate a vendor who will sell a su9600 based mobo now. I figure it will cost atleast 18K though, as it will be a laptop mobo.

Cheers

sirjee in (internal) options check DXVA, VC1 and uncheck everything else. Also in ffshow decoder (in codecs section) set to pkay h264 and others as you may chose.

MPC-HC like VLC (with proper settings) keeps CPU usage pretty low around 10-15% though VLC offers limited options it is light on system resources.

Godspeed!!!

I checked,it wasnt playing as when selected MP, mp from klite codec was in action which was old.I gave path to newer one which doesnt have regestry record & it played with internal opt to mkv.It still cant play microsoft HD 1080pmov which VLC plays.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back