Finally bought my new customize HT..

sachinv_81

Hello friends,

I requested some expert advises for buying a HT system & got few but valued feedback. I was initially planning for HTiB (Sony IV300) but then after reading different forums & suggestion, I changed my mind & increase my budget to own a good HT.
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/61091-expert-advises-home-theater.html

After a long explore on internet & demo sessions in Kochi, I finally booked my new customize HT system :yahoo::yahoo: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:
Below are the details...

Pioneer 524K AV Receiver = 23500 from ebay.in (Vendor - Audiomaxxindia)

Yamaha NS-8390 Tower speakers = 16400 from Infibeam

Yamaha NS-P51 (Centre + Surround) = 8900 from Infibeam
(This is the UK version, same as the Indian version NS-P60)

Polk Audio PSW110 Sub-woofer = 16640 from ebay.in (Vendor - Audiomaxxindia)

All the above products has a ONE year India warranty from respective brands except Polk Audio which comes with 3 yrs woofer warranty & one yr circuit warranty in India.

Saved almost 25k buy going with online shopping :yahoo: :yahoo:

All these are expected to get delivered in Kochi by 5-6 Jan. Excited to experience my new world :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Also will be buying either of these Bluray players by the month end.
Philips BDP2190 - 6.7k
Samsung BD-H4500 - 6.4k

Suggestion on these Bluray players? or any other which is better then these & in budget of below 7k..??

Will share my experience soon :yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks,
Sachin.

Hey congrats to your new purchase man...

Regarding your bluray player just wait for some time and save your money for Pioneer bdp 180 which is around 14K. This includes everything... Wifi, hires formats and a build DAC for your audio.

Congrats!! Enjoy your system when it comes in.

If you have a Blue ray collection or intend to build one, go for Pioneer; build quality is better than Philips or Samsung. It costs more but worth the money if you are willing to wait and buy.

Cheers,
Raghu

Congrats!! Enjoy your system when it comes in.

If you have a Blue ray collection or intend to build one, go for Pioneer; build quality is better than Philips or Samsung. It costs more but worth the money if you are willing to wait and buy.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hey congrats to your new purchase man...

Regarding your bluray player just wait for some time and save your money for Pioneer bdp 180 which is around 14K. This includes everything... Wifi, hires formats and a build DAC for your audio.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Hello friends,

I requested some expert advises for buying a HT system & got few but valued feedback. I was initially planning for HTiB (Sony IV300) but then after reading different forums & suggestion, I changed my mind & increase my budget to own a good HT.
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/61091-expert-advises-home-theater.html

After a long explore on internet & demo sessions in Kochi, I finally booked my new customize HT system :yahoo::yahoo: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:
Below are the details...

Pioneer 524K AV Receiver = 23500 from ebay.in (Vendor - Audiomaxxindia)

Yamaha NS-8390 Tower speakers = 16400 from Infibeam

Yamaha NS-P51 (Centre + Surround) = 8900 from Infibeam
(This is the UK version, same as the Indian version NS-P60)

Polk Audio PSW110 Sub-woofer = 16640 from ebay.in (Vendor - Audiomaxxindia)

All the above products has a ONE year India warranty from respective brands except Polk Audio which comes with 3 yrs woofer warranty & one yr circuit warranty in India.

Saved almost 25k buy going with online shopping :yahoo: :yahoo:

All these are expected to get delivered in Kochi by 5-6 Jan. Excited to experience my new world :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Also will be buying either of these Bluray players by the month end.
Philips BDP2190 - 6.7k
Samsung BD-H4500 - 6.4k

Suggestion on these Bluray players? or any other which is better then these & in budget of below 7k..??

Will share my experience soon :yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks,
Sachin.

Awesome :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Congrats on the new setup :)
Everything is perfect for the price,
Just go ahead with any one of the bluray players that u selected. But I strongly recommend you buy a Region Free Player,
buying bluray discs in amazon.co.uk or .de or .com is extremely cheaper than buying on amazon.in
Region Free bluray players will be about 15K maybe another 2K more. But it will be a one time investment, just think about it, wait for somemore time and get a region free bluray player
check this
Sony BDP S1500 Region Free BLU RAY Disc Player Official Warranty | eBay

I dont know much about that specific model, but as long as u get warranty it should be fine.
Just check for any Philips or Samsung or Sony region free player on amazon USA or UK or DE and ebay ... u will find many more

Cheers and Good Luck ;)
Keep us posted when u receive the equipment.

Cheers,
Aditya

Awesome :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Congrats on the new setup :)
Everything is perfect for the price,
Just go ahead with any one of the bluray players that u selected. But I strongly recommend you buy a Region Free Player,
buying bluray discs in amazon.co.uk or .de or .com is extremely cheaper than buying on amazon.in
Region Free bluray players will be about 15K maybe another 2K more. But it will be a one time investment, just think about it, wait for somemore time and get a region free bluray player
check this
Sony BDP S1500 Region Free BLU RAY Disc Player Official Warranty | eBay

I dont know much about that specific model, but as long as u get warranty it should be fine.
Just check for any Philips or Samsung or Sony region free player on amazon USA or UK or DE and ebay ... u will find many more

Cheers and Good Luck ;)
Keep us posted when u receive the equipment.

Cheers,
Aditya

Thanks Aditya for the sharing your views but can you help me to understand what is "Region Free"??

Thanks Aditya for the sharing your views but can you help me to understand what is "Region Free"??

Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Movies - About
Click that link, scroll down, you will find Regions :)

Some discs are regionally encoded so that they can only be played on a player with that encoding. New release movies are likely to be regionally encoded, but catalogue (older) titles usually are not.

Region A is all America (North, South and Middle), Japan, Korea and some parts of Southeast Asia.

Region B is Europe, Australia and Africa.

Region C is mainly Russia, China and India.

If you buy movies from Europe to play on a USA player, you would need to check that the disc is region free.

Hope that helps :cool:

Cheers,
Aditya

Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Movies - About
Click that link, scroll down, you will find Regions :)

Some discs are regionally encoded so that they can only be played on a player with that encoding. New release movies are likely to be regionally encoded, but catalogue (older) titles usually are not.

Region A is all America (North, South and Middle), Japan, Korea and some parts of Southeast Asia.

Region B is Europe, Australia and Africa.

Region C is mainly Russia, China and India.

If you buy movies from Europe to play on a USA player, you would need to check that the disc is region free.

Hope that helps :cool:

Cheers,
Aditya

Thanks for the information but i wont be using any BD/DVD other then India :)

Thanks for the information but i wont be using any BD/DVD other then India :)

:)
Just making sure whether u r aware of and know about the region free information or not. Coz the blurays are far cheaper than any indian site/store, even I made the same mistake thinking that I will not be using any other region discs, but when I got to know about the prices on other amazon sites then I realized I made a mistake, however its ur choice :)
Can't wait to see your setup :D please post the pics of your setup when you receive them :D
Good Luck and keep us posted :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Just making sure whether u r aware of and know about the region free information or not. Coz the blurays are far cheaper than any indian site/store, even I made the same mistake thinking that I will not be using any other region discs, but when I got to know about the prices on other amazon sites then I realized I made a mistake, however its ur choice :)
Can't wait to see your setup :D please post the pics of your setup when you receive them :D
Good Luck and keep us posted :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Sure!! will share my experience with all :)

Got the AVR delivered today, expecting the tower speakers by tomorrow & the Yamaha P51 by Friday. Sub may take 3-4 days extra as got delayed due holidays in between. more updates to come..

Congratulations on your new set up...

I completely agree with Aditya.. I also made this mistake... ordered Blurays from .uk, .com and .de as they were very cheap and was not aware of the regions.. I only realized after I received them. I would suggest to get a region free BD player.

Hi
Congratulations for your HT setup
I am also planning for buying a HT setup..
I as thinking for HTIb OF YAMAHA yht-299 or yht-2910..
but as I read your thread..I have started thinking about your setup also
I am not much into sound..So dont know much..
MY main purpose is to watch movies on it..I have ordered 3d full HD projector..so please suggest your view about setting your setup for watching movies
thanks

Finally i got my new HT system installed & tested last night.. & to tell you guys, I'm stunned after listening the quality output from the speakers & the sound amplification from the Pioneer AVR. No doubt Pioneer is the "Pioneer" of digital audio. Sharing few snaps of the new setup. Crystal clear sound from Yamaha NS 8390 & NS P-51 & off-course mind-blowing.. correct blowing output from Polk Audio PSW 110 sub. After the testing, my Neg. came in to check if we felt the earthquake vibration few mins back to which i confirmed but it was not earth quake but the output from my Subwoofer. Literally the sliding window & room doors were vibrating. Sub is set on 100Hz cross over with 50% volume. I'm yet to explorer the AVR settings which i will be sharing with you in some days.

sachinv_81-albums-my-ht-picture736-img-20160110-200414.jpg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back