Finally succumbed and bought a CD Transport: Pro-Ject RS2 T

Did you get the TL5 from India? Does CEC have an Indian dealership!? If yes, please let me know as I am also keen to get a good transport.

Did you get the TL5 from India? Does CEC have an Indian dealership!? If yes, please let me know as I am also keen to get a good transport.
Apparently there's one in Pune (don't remember the name). I found out after I ordered the TL5 from Japan :/

Just stumbled across this thread.
I too am looking at purchase of a serious CDT.
essrand, could you share your thoughts that led you to select the Pro-Ject over the Jay ?
and then settle for the TL5 ?

Anything particular that seems to have polarised you against the Jay ?

essrand, could you share your thoughts that led you to select the Pro-Ject over the Jay ?

The daddy of all transports is the Esoteric ..any esoteric.

Anyone making transports using the venerable cdpro2m from philips ? Those were absolutely amazing mechanisms. The grapevine has it Peter Q of audionote has pretty much bought all the remaining stock from philips.

Anyone making transports using the venerable cdpro2m from philips ? Those were absolutely amazing mechanisms. The grapevine has it Peter Q of audionote has pretty much bought all the remaining stock from philips.
Not many remaining now. Softone in Japan also used to make it as well.. I think I bought one of the last ones there!!
Electrocompaniet seems to have a top loader but not sure which one

My previous reply to this disappeared?

My previous reply to this disappeared?
Multiple posts on Audiogon confirmed Pro-Ject to be superior to Jay.

Also Pro-Ject is available through local dealer at a good price. Jay will have to be imported by me, and customs headache. So I decided on Pro-Ject.

Then i paid for Pro-Ject, but 3 months later still no CDT. So I cancelled my order and went for TL5 which if imported from Japan is 1/3rd the price of the Pro-Ject.

This is no longer true. Jay's has beaten Esoteric at 1/10th the price from many reports. And now there's a new kick ass CDT mechanism called TigerServo (made by former philip engineers) that's being utilised by Pro-Ject, Aqua, and Gryphon which is the new king of the hill.

This is no longer true. Jay's has beaten Esoteric at 1/10th the price from many reports. And now there's a new kick ass CDT mechanism called TigerServo (made by former philip engineers) that's being utilised by Pro-Ject, Aqua, and Gryphon which is the new king of the hill.
interesting..am a bit out of touch in this area .
Was also reading about a ground up transport mechanism by CH precision . supposedly very good.

interesting..am a bit out of touch in this area .
Was also reading about a ground up transport mechanism by CH precision . supposedly very good.
Probably is. Probably costs more than my entire system.:D

Yes, will update this thread once I get the player. I got the TL5.
The TL5 is here, and has been playing in my system since yesterday.
Am quite happy with it. Build quality is great. SQ as well.

Did a comparison with ripped CD vs spinning CD of the same album and the TL5 is more alive and engaging which makes it for me a good investment for all the CDs I no longer have the patience to rip.

Not sure if there is a break-in period for CDTs, if there is, even better.

Also the tactile (similar to vinyl) feeling of putting the CD in the spindle putting a clamp weight and close the drawer and playing is a joy in itself.
All in all, I feel like my CDs are comparable to my vinyl in sound and satisfaction (no A/B tests done here though), at a very reasonable price.

Hope this helps others in quest for a CD Transport :)
Any questions please ask or DM :)

Great news, essrand.

I concur, a CD spinner will always reign supreme in playback, and for me its the reference which I try to have my Computer playback replicate.

CEC is an extremely respected transport company and I am sure its a Super transport.

I have sent you some queries, via DM.

Enjoy a Super purchase!

Did a comparison with ripped CD vs spinning CD of the same album and the TL5 is more alive and engaging which makes it for me a good investment for all the CDs I no longer have the patience to rip.

Also the tactile (similar to vinyl) feeling of putting the CD in the spindle putting a clamp weight and close the drawer and playing is a joy in itself.
All in all, I feel like my CDs are comparable to my vinyl in sound and satisfaction (no A/B tests done here though), at a very reasonable price.

Ordered one as well

What type of digital connection are you using to connect to the nagra dac ? What brand of cable ?

Congrats Essrand. Is this belt driven?
Yes, it is belt driven. Kind of like looking at it spinning :)

What type of digital connection are you using to connect to the nagra dac ? What brand of cable ?
I use the SPDIF/Coaxial. Roy Gregory review of this transport said it sounded better than the AES connection.
I am using an Acoustic Revive coaxial cable.

Ordered one as well
Nice! Do let me know what you think of it, once it arrives.

So I'm at a similar crossroad. Choices are Jay's CDT2-MK3, Project CD Box RS2 T, Sparkler Audio S515T/U or CEC. I contacted Alvin from Jay's but he said they have had issues shipping to India. @essrand, did you check with CEC on the life of the belt? Who did you contact for Project? Innovative Audio Visual, Mumbai? Could you share the CEC contact details?

So I'm at a similar crossroad. Choices are Jay's CDT2-MK3, Project CD Box RS2 T, Sparkler Audio S515T/U or CEC. I contacted Alvin from Jay's but he said they have had issues shipping to India. @essrand, did you check with CEC on the life of the belt? Who did you contact for Project? Innovative Audio Visual, Mumbai? Could you share the CEC contact details?
Please DM me. Will try to help the best I can.

Probably is. Probably costs more than my entire system.:D

Congratulations!

CEC are great transports, they have been making transports for many years. They are among the best over there.

They are available in India officially so service and support is not an issue.

The TL2 along with DA-SL Superlink DAC is an awesome combination, also others offerrings like TL5 (Transport), CD5 (CD Player), and DA5 (DAC) are excellent.

Not many offerings at this price point

Ordered one as well

The wait is on!! :)

Ok got the delivery of the cec tl-5 . Have hooked it using the aes/ebu output to the dCS Bartok using Furutechs alphaseries cable and connector…
Glorious .. been flipping cds all day… ripped cds vs cds .. there is no contest .. have the same cds ripped to aiff on the nucleus . The cec rips it apart … there is no contest …
Cec gives a warm presentation which i like … its improving with the number of hrs. Tried it with/ withiut the isoacoustics footers . The stock cec footers are pretty decent imo . However shall investigate further … built superbly .. i think definetly the TL-5 definetly kicks way above its price point.

I suggest you should let it run in without the footers. Once it settles then add the footers to your liking.

Last edited:
Ok got the delivery of the cec tl-5 . Have hooked it using the aes/ebu output to the dCS Bartok using Furutechs alphaseries cable and connector…
Glorious .. been flipping cds all day… ripped cds vs cds .. there is no contest .. have the same cds ripped to aiff on the nucleus . The cec rips it apart … there is no contest …
Cec gives a warm presentation which i like … its improving with the number of hrs. Tried it with/ withiut the isoacoustics footers . The stock cec footers are pretty decent imo . However shall investigate further … built superbly .. i think definetly the TL-5 definetly kicks way above its price point.
congratulations, your happiness can be felt !.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back