Firestick 4K new Ui

So far so good but the Firestick became a bit sluggish, probably the old processor has hit its limit.

How did I miss this, I should check for updates. But the UI is new to India not a new one. This UI is available for Prime US for some time already if am not wrong.

How did I miss this, I should check for updates. But the UI is new to India not a new one. This UI is available for Prime US for some time already if am not wrong.
It’s upgraded automatically. (I did not find any option to force it for updates) It is smooth no issues what so ever. UI looks to be more refined and the design allows to bring most of the stuff to single place. so far I am liking it.

It’s upgraded automatically. (I did not find any option to force it for updates) It is smooth no issues what so ever. UI looks to be more refined and the design allows to bring most of the stuff to single place. so far I am liking it.
To check available updates and manually install, please go to settings - my Firestick - about Firestick. (not in front of TV to confirm, based on my memory)
If updates are available or pending install it will show up there or check for updates option will be seen.

hi guys
is there anyway to get stereo sound from firestick with new gui? earlier it had an option of stereo and it sounded the best with the tv speakers now it only says pcm and i have to crank the volume a lot more that i had to earlier. also is there anyway i can set stereo on my lg c8 oled?
thanks

hi guys
is there anyway to get stereo sound from firestick with new gui? earlier it had an option of stereo and it sounded the best with the tv speakers now it only says pcm and i have to crank the volume a lot more that i had to earlier. also is there anyway i can set stereo on my lg c8 oled?
thanks
I just did that yesterday, PCM is stereo as per my experience. my Fire stick is connected to an AVR. so not sure about the loudness when connected to TV. In the avr it shows multichannel in, but is gives stereo. Another option is to make it “best available” so it negotiates the capabilities with your TV to give the best audio.

I just did that yesterday, PCM is stereo as per my experience. my Fire stick is connected to an AVR. so not sure about the loudness when connected to TV. In the avr it shows multichannel in, but is gives stereo. Another option is to make it “best available” so it negotiates the capabilities with your TV to give the best audio.
I just did that yesterday, PCM is stereo as per my experience. my Fire stick is connected to an AVR. so not sure about the loudness when connected to TV. In the avr it shows multichannel in, but is gives stereo. Another option is to make it “best available” so it negotiates the capabilities with your TV to give the best audi
Ok will check it out . Thank you :)

Last edited:
Well my firestick 4k also installed the new update but now a new problem has arisen it is restarting intermittently and sometimes immediately on booting up other times after displaying the home screen yet on other times after watching content for sometime. Looks like it's time up for the device.

Well my firestick 4k also installed the new update but now a new problem has arisen it is restarting intermittently and sometimes immediately on booting up other times after displaying the home screen yet on other times after watching content for sometime. Looks like it's time up for the device.
Any better with Factory Reset? My unit also became sluggish post the upgrade and a Factory Reset did the trick for me.

Any better with Factory Reset? My unit also became sluggish post the upgrade and a Factory Reset did the trick for me.
No same issue persists.

The non-4K version has a pretty weak processor, so I am afraid (might be wrong) they won't release the newer version of the Ui to this unit.
Yes afraid so it is very slow. This got me to thinking that maybe the 4k one rebooting was due to overheating lets see what can be done

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back