First hi fi setup suggestions

indiangunner

Hi guys
I m looking to get a stereo setup for my room which is around 16*24 ft.I have listened to a few bookshelf and tower speakers.Liked the PSB Imagine X1T.But still not sure about the amp.Choices are blue sound powernode,Yamaha AS 801 and Yamaha RN803.
Kindly give ur inputs.Thanks in advance

Hi guys
I m looking to get a stereo setup for my room which is around 16*24 ft.I have listened to a few bookshelf and tower speakers.Liked the PSB Imagine X1T.But still not sure about the amp.Choices are blue sound powernode,Yamaha AS 801 and Yamaha RN803.
Hi Indiangunner ๐Ÿ˜

You have a really big room to fill. But you did right by choosing speakers with a 90db sensitivity, which will be easy to drive. I just checked up the prices of the possible amplification choices you mentioned, and they are honestly crazy steep. I would never buy them at the prices I just saw online, if it was my money. Absolutely no way ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”.

If you are keen on the speakers, please buy them. And then I would advise patience... Please keep a check on the classifieds in our forum. And some great integrated amplification keeps cropping up from time to time. The asking price of the yamaha As 301 was 1.39L online, , I sold my parasound halo integrated with a great inbuilt dac for 1.1 L a few years back. So patience is the name of the game ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ. But if you immediately need to have something to spin some tunes, the bluesound powernode might be a good bet ( it is still 1.32L, and way over what I would spend). But I had the first gen powernode in 2012, with Qacoustics concept 40 speakers and it did sound great.

The only reason why iam suggesting bluesound is because bluesound is a spin off of NAD, and uses NAD direct digital amplification. And both NAD and PSB are owned by Lenbrook industries of Canada. So I would expect some synergy within products under the same umbrella. But nothing like waiting for a good used deal if you can. All the best ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hi guys
I have heard to both amps with the PSB x1t at a dealer in Goa. The Bluesound Powernode sounds great with he PSB X1T
However if budget permits then the NAD C700. It sounded much cleaner, better LF too. Brilliant sounding combo.

Last edited:
I have heard to both amps with the PSB x1t at a dealer in Goa. The blusound power node sounds great with the Powernode.
However if budget permits then the NAD C700. It sounded much cleaner, better LF too. Brilliant sounding combo.

I have heard to both amps with the PSB x1t at a dealer in Goa. The blusound power node sounds great with the Powernode.
Happy to hear that the bluesound worked well as per my hunch ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ. The powernode when I was using had a sub woofer out fixed at 80hz. Adding a sub and enabling that crossover was a immediate delightful improvement in sound quality to my ears. So addition of a sub, to free the powernode from straining driving deep bass can be considered in the future.

Hi Indiangunner ๐Ÿ˜

You have a really big room to fill. But you did right by choosing speakers with a 90db sensitivity, which will be easy to drive. I just checked up the prices of the possible amplification choices you mentioned, and they are honestly crazy steep. I would never buy them at the prices I just saw online, if it was my money. Absolutely no way ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”.

If you are keen on the speakers, please buy them. And then I would advise patience... Please keep a check on the classifieds in our forum. And some great integrated amplification keeps cropping up from time to time. The asking price of the yamaha As 301 was 1.39L online, , I sold my parasound halo integrated with a great inbuilt dac for 1.1 L a few years back. So patience is the name of the game ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ. But if you immediately need to have something to spin some tunes, the bluesound powernode might be a good bet ( it is still 1.32L, and way over what I would spend). But I had the first gen powernode in 2012, with Qacoustics concept 40 speakers and it did sound great.

The only reason why iam suggesting bluesound is because bluesound is a spin off of NAD, and uses NAD direct digital amplification. And both NAD and PSB are owned by Lenbrook industries of Canada. So I would expect some synergy within products under the same umbrella. But nothing like waiting for a good used deal if you can. All the best ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
I have been quoted 1 lac for the powernode by a dealer

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back