First Home Theatre

Vincentpaul

Hi,

Pls help on my First HT setup. Budget 40K

Yamaha YHT-299
Pioneer HTP323 5.1
DENON - AVR X500 AV RECEIVER + SYS 5.1 SPEAKERS

I've auditioned the above models. Pls help me to pick any one of these brands

Pls suggest which one is best or any other home theatre systems.

Denon x500 is the best in the bunch.
Yamaha second, might sound better then Denon depending on your taste.

Please exclude Pioneer 323, the sound quality is not good, popping sound from the speakers when you change the track, audio output low, GUI works over AV cable not HDMI overlay. I returned it after using it for a week.

Denon x500 is the best in the bunch.
Yamaha second, might sound better then Denon depending on your taste.

Please exclude Pioneer 323, the sound quality is not good, popping sound from the speakers when you change the track, audio output low, GUI works over AV cable not HDMI overlay. I returned it after using it for a week.
Hi Nikhil

Thanks for your suggestion.

Can i connect all (TV,STB,PC,Bluray) my devices through HDMI in Denon AVR.

If you can extend your budget i would really recommend going in for separates. Or if you dont want hassles of separates then go in for onkyo ht-s5700. Looks pretty solid, but the cost is high and i guess if you can extend your budget it would probably be the best out of the lot. Its MRP is 60k. After a 10% discount would come to 54k . if you can bargain really well, you should get it @51-52k

Dear All this is my first post and i dont have any technical knowledge, am also going to start using one HT Pioneer RS 33, my question is it is a good system? i mean reliable? And what about wires/cables? can i continue with what is coming with the system or need to go for good quality cables? That will make any different? And i can install the system alone? Without any technical knowledge? How can i come to know which cable belong to which speaker?
Please answer early as possible and if anyone felt like what kind of stupid questions my apologize in advance.

Kristy,

You don't need any technical knowledge to set up the music system. Common sense is all that is required. I am not familiar with the Pioneer system so I will not comment on it. You can use the same speaker wires that comes with the system if they are sufficiently long to reach your speakers. If a wire is short in length, put a new one but do not make a joint. If you have to buy new wires, use about 2.5 sq.mm two core flat Copper wire which are usually known as "speaker wires" available in any good electric hardware store. Here both the cores (actual conductor) shall be in different colour - one colour you connect to "+" of the speaker (RED terminal) and the other core connect to "-" (Black terminal). Follow this for all the speaker connections. Do not interchange the connections. Make similar connection at the amplifier side too. Hope this helps.

Hi AV 55 thanks for your detailed reply, and after the search with local shops i come to know that not much price different with RS 33 or Rs 43 so am trying to get Rs 43.

Waiting for the advice from experienced fellows.

i am waiting for more good HT systems within 50000, would like the systems with tower speakers.

You can go with Pioneer AJ package along with the entry level receivers from Denon, Marantz, Pioneer or Yamaha

I guess Pioneer receivers are priced correctly in India rest all are overpriced compared to US ,Dubai, Malaysia etc. But they are not very popular among FMs (My guess only).

I think the order goes as under (my perception only, it may be vice versa) Denon > Marantz > Yamaha >Onkyo>Pioneer. I use Yamaha YHT196 HTIB and happy with it.

For AJ speakers you should consider atleast one step above entry level to explore the potential of AJ Floorstanders.

Dear Vinay what about reliability can we go for pioneer or you will suggest yamaha? i like yamaha, if it is possible i would like to go yamaha only, but the limitation is there is no towers with yamaha system i mean not coming with any of the system, if we need then we can add that but then extra cost will be there,

and pioneer is offering good towers with Aj series, Rs 33 and RS 43 also coming with towers i would like to go with rs 33 or 43 if it is reliable because i hope it is VFM.

i am waiting for valuable advice's, thanks in advance.

AJ series is completely different from 33 and 43 so I think you should stick to that. You can go with Pioneer AVR I believe and most probably same company for speakers and receiver would be good match too as they must have optimized it accordingly. Try to get 823 if possible

I guess Pioneer receivers are priced correctly in India rest all are overpriced compared to US ,Dubai, Malaysia etc. But they are not very popular among FMs (My guess only).

Marantz receiver pricing on Hi-fi Mart is equal or in some cases lower than US pricing.
Cheers,
Sid

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back