First look at Q-acoustics 2000 series

Girish K

Hello :)

Just a short note on my first demo of the Q2000 speakers. This afternoon, I listened to lots of Joe Satriani on the following combination -

1) Onkyo TX-SR577 with Q2000 Fronts (bookshelf), and the corresponding 2000Sub.
2) The same speakers connected to TX-SR707 receiver.

Demo -

a) To start with, only the bookshelf fronts were connected to TX-SR577.
b) After listening to a few songs, I asked him to add the Sub-woofer only to listen to same songs again.

The Fronts by themselves were quite good (at least I liked it!! :) ). High's and mid's were quite distinct and the speakers seem to hold up pretty well. When the sub-woofer, the "punch" was evident.

After soaking in this effect, I took a quick break. Switched off everything and was looking around at other receivers/speakers on display.

c) After a break -> Rinse, repeat with the same steps (a and b) with TX-SR707.

A few things before the demo started off - All settings were set to neutral (Treble, bass and in-built optimizer etc) and I was allowed to play around with the settings during the demo. I really don't know if this is the RIGHT approach but it kinda gave me a feel of how I'd try to setup the sound at home :p -> Comments welcome on, if this is indeed the approach to take..

I noticed that when I changed any setting (Treble, Bass et al) on the TX-SR707, the music stopped for fraction of a sec before it continued. Similar changes on the SR577 - no stoppage/pause in music play. -> I was told it's because of upscaling ! I wasn't convinced tho' :( and decided to take it up another day. => Any thoughts on why this happens?

At the end of the demo, my first impression of the Q is that the sound it gives is good. I decided that I definitely needed another listen at this combo. So, I asked them to keep the complete Q2000 set ready by next weekend. :D Also, I wanted to listen the same on Denon1610 and 1910 as well. As I was leaving, I was also told that, the Q2020 speakers will also be available by next week. :eek:hyeah:

More to follow, after I see Q's again :eek:hyeah:! Meanwhile, any thoughts/suggestions appreciated :)

Thanks for reading thru :)

Last edited:
Well,if you connect full set,you will get good rev of HT pack.
If need to check music,then a stereo amp + CDp will be better.
AVR + only fronts may not judge the spk well(even with SW).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back