First post - Guidance on my first system + Import from US

Sumer

Hi fellow users!
I just registered here and am amazed by the information that is available in here. I have two specific questions:
(a) I am an Indian and living abroad (In Africa) and would like to decide upon an ideal AV system for my home. My requirement is generally broad for all kinds of music and movies. And budget is lets say around $ 1 - 1.5 k. I would like to have futuristic system and sleek design.
(b) I am considering importation from US through friends/relatives who can arrange to send or courier. What is the effect of difference in power supply. (Voltage and frequency is 220 V & 50 Hz) in the country of my residence.

Your comments are welcome!

Cheers!

Hello guys! Come on i expect something better...This was by first post here! Please let me have your opinions. Thanks

Hi dear..dont be offended but your post seems to be incomplete by forum standards.
Please let us know-
1. For where you want this system. Africa or India?
2. You want a 5.1 setup or stereo music setup.
3. What is your listening room size.?

Read the forum and you will get many types of setups which you can get for yourself.
If you are just starting I can suggest you EMOTIVA XPA-200 for $499. It has good reputation and has selectable switch for power input (120/220). Also have a look on Cambridge Audio Azur 651 which has USB inputs. For speakers you can get Wharfedale 220 for INR 20k [$310] (Please note these are cheaper in UK than in USA).
I hope that helps.

Thanks for pointing out. I will get used to the forum rules soon.
(1) I need this for Africa. (The electrical mains specifications here are same as India - 220 V, 50 Hz.)
(2) I would prefer 5.1
(3) Room size is approx: 12 ft x 20 ft with open connection into another room of 12 ft x 12 ft.

Regards,
Sumer

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back