First Projector Help-Cheerlux cl760

Varoon

Hello All

New member here, starting of my saying this forum is great resource :)

Just ordered my first projector from Gearbest.com- The Cheerlux cl 760 which is budget projector having some nice reviews. Have some questions, would be great if you guys could help

1. Screen
Wanted to get a 120' or more size, but Amazon has limited options. Specifically wanted Fixed Frame Screen as it looks more classy.
A DIY screen would do? Which material can we use and maybe you can share some links. The local framer can stretch it on a wooden frame?

2. Surround Sound
Wanted to get a decent surround sound system, finalised Philips Spa 8000b. Please do give recommendations. budget is 10-12k

3. Lighting
Was thinking of getting a LED strip placed behind the screen which has music sync. Any one using it or similar maybe can share experience.

Thank you so much guys.

Hello All

Just ordered my first projector from Gearbest.com- The Cheerlux cl 760 which is budget projector having some nice reviews. Have some questions, would be great if you guys could help

1. Screen
Wanted to get a 120' or more size, but Amazon has limited options. Specifically wanted Fixed Frame Screen as it looks more classy.
A DIY screen would do? Which material can we use and maybe you can share some links. The local framer can stretch it on a wooden frame?

2. Surround Sound
Wanted to get a decent surround sound system, finalised Philips Spa 8000b. Please do give recommendations. budget is 10-12k

3. Lighting
Was thinking of getting a LED strip placed behind the screen which has music sync. Any one using it or similar maybe can share experience.

Thank you so much guys.

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you are on a limited budget but I believe things can be worked out should you have a plan. Since you have already finalised the projector, for the screen you can go for a DIY approach. A decent plyboard (say 7X4 feet) should do that can be fixed to a wooden frame. You can then go for a matte white, water based paint. Before painting ensure the pltboard surface is treated with Putty that takes care of pores and undulations which is critical to get that smooth screen. After that 2-3 coats of matte white paint should do the trick. You can take a look at our screen that posted in the Audio Video setup section.

As far as the speakers go, any of our forum members would recommend an actual pro audio brand instead of out of the box systems from Philiips, LG or any of those counterparts. If budget is a constraint, perhaps look a used HTIB (Home theatre in a box) models from Yamaha, Denon etc that offer more value for what you pay. They would sound better any day when compared to something like Philips.

Before you spend time and money on Lighting, be sure to do some basic acoustic treatment - not necessarily fancy/ pro level treatment but to a level where your room sounds right.

1. Screen

What is your room size and where do you plan to project the image ?

Yes DIY screen is the easiest & inexpensive route.. sometime back, i completed DIY screen and here is the thread if you like to take cues from it - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-acoustic-transparent-screen.67092/

Hello All

1. Screen

2. Surround Sound

3. Lighting

Thank you so much guys.

You have got a 320 lumen projector. You are not gonna be able to project a 120 inch image and be able to see it. Maybe a faint image in pitch darkness on a white screen.

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you are on a limited budget but I believe things can be worked out should you have a plan. Since you have already finalised the projector, for the screen you can go for a DIY approach. A decent plyboard (say 7X4 feet) should do that can be fixed to a wooden frame. You can then go for a matte white, water based paint. Before painting ensure the pltboard surface is treated with Putty that takes care of pores and undulations which is critical to get that smooth screen. After that 2-3 coats of matte white paint should do the trick. You can take a look at our screen that posted in the Audio Video setup section.

As far as the speakers go, any of our forum members would recommend an actual pro audio brand instead of out of the box systems from Philiips, LG or any of those counterparts. If budget is a constraint, perhaps look a used HTIB (Home theatre in a box) models from Yamaha, Denon etc that offer more value for what you pay. They would sound better any day when compared to something like Philips.

Before you spend time and money on Lighting, be sure to do some basic acoustic treatment - not necessarily fancy/ pro level treatment but to a level where your room sounds right.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. will definitely look in the direction of the DIY screen.
I can actually search for used HTIB models, maybe that can be a possible solution.

Thanks again :)

You have got a 320 lumen projector. You are not gonna be able to project a 120 inch image and be able to see it. Maybe a faint image in pitch darkness on a white screen.

Yes thats 320 ansi lumens, what would be the ideal screen size according to you?

The info on the projector is
"With optical glass lens technology, 3200 LUX high brightness mini projector but huge projection size 25 - 260 inches ( best for 50 - 150 inch ). 1280 x 800P native pixels resolution screen and support up to 1080P. 2000:1 contrast ratio for superior picture color."

Before you start spending on anything else, wait for the projector you have ordered. I doubt whether it will help you to project a 100inch image, if not return it and spend some more on a decent PJ. Until then, do not spend on anything else

Room size is 15 ft x 14 ft. Planning to project the image on a screen. Thanks for the link, will definitely take help from there

Once you get the projector, project it on the wall ,mark the ends of the projected image, measure it accurately & then proceed with DIY screen.. This way the screen will not look bigger than the projected image..

The projector specs looks very similar to Egate P513/P531 sold in India.. it is a LCD screen powered by a single white LED bulb, with a resolution of 1280 x 800 in a 16:10 aspect ratio.. It should be able to provide 120 inch image in full darkness.. However during the day images might look washed out due to lower lumen output..

Once you get the projector, project it on the wall ,mark the ends of the projected image, measure it accurately & then proceed with DIY screen.. This way the screen will not look bigger than the projected image..

The projector specs looks very similar to Egate P513/P531 sold in India.. it is a LCD screen powered by a single white LED bulb, with a resolution of 1280 x 800 in a 16:10 aspect ratio.. It should be able to provide 120 inch image in full darkness.. However during the day images might look washed out due to lower lumen output..

The specs are as follows:
  • Technology: TFT - Single LCD Panel + LED Technology
  • Resolution: Native 1280*800
  • Brightness: 3200 lumens
  • Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
Yes looks quite similar, the room is relatively dark with a small window which has double curtains. Usage is mainly for the night. Will be waiting for the projector then proceeding as you suggested.
Thank you

Hello All

1. Screen

2. Surround Sound

3. Lighting

Thank you so much guys.

Hi,
I am planning to buy a projector from GearBest as well. Can you tell me if you faced any problem with customs ? Do we have to pay anything extra after the item comes to India? How many days it took for the delivery? Thanks for your help and information

Hi,
I am planning to buy a projector from GearBest as well. Can you tell me if you faced any problem with customs ? Do we have to pay anything extra after the item comes to India? How many days it took for the delivery? Thanks for your help and information

No problem by customs, didn't have to pay any duties. It took approx 7 days

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back