Flat 50% off on 400 Hollywood Bluray from Flipkart !!!

Actually it is like this.

Let's say your cart value is $125. Then add shipping charges- let's say $50. So total is $175. Now the "import fee deposit" (customs duty) collected will be 28% of $175 and not on $125., which will be around $47. So the total is now $222. Now discount the shipping charge of $50, so you need to pay $172. So $47, is around 38% or so of $125 (the basic price of BDs).

Normally their prices goes up and down like anything (it can go as high as, which more than double). Please refer blu-ray.com for price history. So unless you are in a hurry, look for the most optimum price level for a BD before ordering. Normally the boxsets are cheaper so is the older titles. All "NEW" individual release are priced around $20 normally and goes down as time progresses.

Let me give an example, The Mummy Trilogy is now around $25, which came down to under $15. So if you order at $15, then with customs the landed cost will be $20. Thus 3 movies for INR 1400, not bad. Similarly there are lots of good titles available around $5. So for $125 (plus $50 duty), you can get around 20 titles.

But still it will be more than the 50% offer from Indian sites. That's why you should go for International titles, only if the title is not available in India or the Indian version is censored heavily.
Thanks a lot. it cleared all my doubt. :)

Forgot to add few more things,

1. Generally they ships through Aramex (most of the time) and it can be tracked, and it reaches within 5-10 days of ordering.

2. Most of the time they refunds the import fee deposit as it is not charged by customs (I think Aramex manages somehow). So the chances of full refund can be as high as 50-60% and definitely there will be partial refund. So far no one had an experience when no refund was paid. But do remember to follow up with the courier company to find out the duty paid details and follow up with Amazon US accordingly for refund after 2 months. (please refer to another thread on Amazon where everything is detailed).

Amazon ( and many e retailers) tend to raise prices if they notice that there is either orders or at times even heavy interest shown on a particular title. if you are interested in details, try and check out sites like Blu-ray . com ( they show the best offer Amazon has) and then try other sites.
another very good site from the USA is secondspin . com : frequent discounts and free shipping ( best is 30% off plus free shipping) : only hassel I have seen is that our customs tend to charge 100% duty on items from this site( started about 6 months ago)

Seems a happy news is there. Received an email that my items has been shipped. Price for shipped Blu-Rays with actual cost are:

Surrogates Rs. 74.25 (399/-)
Django Unchained (Steelbook) Rs. 449.25 (1599/-)
Pirates Of The Caribbean : 4 Movie Collection Rs. 599.25 (2460/-)
Gangster Squad Rs. 186.75 (649/-)
2001: A Space Odyssey Rs. 374.25 (749/-)
Mission Impossible Trilogy Rs. 338.00 (2459/-)
Identity Rs. 186.75 (999/-)

Mine is still showing 'shipping soon' status. And I am yet to receive any call. :D

So it looks like we all are going to lose 14 days interest of the money we deposited. Let's sue them jointly.

Oh man!! that's damn cheap. Rs 74 for a Blu ray, it's even lesser than the Clearance sale from Reliance Timeout. Anyway congrats and enjoy the movies.

Seems a happy news is there. Received an email that my items has been shipped. Price for shipped Blu-Rays with actual cost are:

wow. U R luckiest. As all our orders are cancelled.

Here's mine too. It seems they have dispatched the following bds:

Shipment Details

The Departed Rs. 374.25
Enter the Dragon Rs. 261.75
Final Destination 5 Rs. 126.75
Surrogates Rs. 74.25
Charlie's Angels - Full throttle Rs. 111.75

Dispatch estimate: 5 Sep 2013 - 6 Sep 2013
Delivery estimate: 12 Sep 2013 - 24 Sep 2013
1 package via AFL/Fedex with tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:yahoo::eek:hyeah:

By the way, also received partial bds from flipkart too.

Gothika
Strangers on a train
Sign

Two audio cds - The Best of The Doors and Evolve by Indus Creed (got 25% off on these)

Also received 1 audio cd of OST black friday (tracks by Indian Ocean) for 160 bucks (MRP 199) from snapdeal. (but it is shipped by the same seller New Super Star Selections who is also selling bds so cheap.

Also shipped
Charlie's Angels - Full throttle Rs. 111.75 (499/-)
Final Destination 5 Rs. 126.75 (499/-)

and provided the tracking details :)

I guess they have processed the orders which were placed first. I did mine at 1 AM and that time I noticed that the prices for few were fixed to actuals after my order :lol:

Oh man!! that's damn cheap. Rs 74 for a Blu ray, it's even lesser than the Clearance sale from Reliance Timeout. Anyway congrats and enjoy the movies.

So I guess both of U R lucky. I wonder why he did cancel our?

I guess they have processed the orders which were placed first. I did mine at 1 AM and that time I noticed that the prices for few were fixed to actuals after my order :lol:

Even I did at around 1 AM. But it was worth remaining awake. :clapping:

Yes, It's 1 AM again... let see if more offers :yahoo: :eek:hyeah: :yahoo: (just kidding)

In fact I was checking the offer...now the discount on both flipkart and amazon looks similar.

And the seller New Super Star Selections has increased the prices. And he is now selling bds for more than what is available in amazon and flipkart.

I was also browsing the audio cds in flipkart. it seems that they have increased the price overnight.

the seller New Super Star Selections has increased the prices. And he is now selling bds for more than what is available in amazon and flipkart.

Actually they want to recover the loss which they got from our orders :lol:

Here's mine too. It seems they have dispatched the following bds:

Shipment Details

The Departed Rs. 374.25
Enter the Dragon Rs. 261.75
Final Destination 5 Rs. 126.75
Surrogates Rs. 74.25
Charlie's Angels - Full throttle Rs. 111.75

Dispatch estimate: 5 Sep 2013 - 6 Sep 2013
Delivery estimate: 12 Sep 2013 - 24 Sep 2013
1 package via AFL/Fedex with tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:yahoo::eek:hyeah:

Out of the above mentioned 5 bds, I have received only 3. I did not get Charlie's Angel and Surrogate BDs.

However, the invoice/ challan contains the details of 5 BDs.

Whenever I enquired about it, the seller said that they will refund the amount for 2 bds.

But the shipping list did not show any cancelled order. Nor the seller/ amazon authority gave any info regarding cancellation of any order. :mad:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back