Floor Standing Speakers for HTR-3066

PGY

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to replace my rear surround speakers to floor standing speakers, Currently am using a Yamaha YHT 299 (Receiver - HTR 3066). Iam thinking to upgrade the rear speakers to Floor standing speakers (I don't want to change the front speakers due to space constraints :sad:).

Usage :

90% - Movies
10% - Music

Could you please provide me some inputs and best floor standing speakers that will match with the HTR-3066. Budget 25k-30k.

So far i didnt had any demo for floor standing speakers. Appreciate tips, trics and suggestions :cool:

Thanks,

Why would want to replace rear speakers alone? Do you have issues mounting them ?

A FS for surround speaker might be an overkill until & unless your room is pretty large... Even then FS are overkill for surrounds...

Sell your current Yamaha HTIB speakers, add your budget & then buy a good satellite speaker system ( 2-way speakers)....

Why would want to replace rear speakers alone? Do you have issues mounting them ?

A FS for surround speaker might be an overkill until & unless your room is pretty large... Even then FS are overkill for surrounds...

Sell your current Yamaha HTIB speakers, add your budget & then buy a good satellite speaker system ( 2-way speakers)....
Thanks Elangos,

The room is not pretty large its 14 x 16 i guess. I was in a mindset that changing the surrounds to floor standing will make things better in terms of sound quality and i mentioned earlier i use mostly for movies and less for music. I will wait for sometime and change it to satellite speakers.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to replace my rear surround speakers to floor standing speakers, Currently am using a Yamaha YHT 299 (Receiver - HTR 3066). Iam thinking to upgrade the rear speakers to Floor standing speakers (I don't want to change the front speakers due to space constraints :sad:).

Usage :

90% - Movies
10% - Music

Could you please provide me some inputs and best floor standing speakers that will match with the HTR-3066. Budget 25k-30k.

So far i didnt had any demo for floor standing speakers. Appreciate tips, trics and suggestions :cool:

Thanks,

Hi PGY,

The upgrade bug has finally hit me and I am seriosly looking to replace front speakers with Floor Standers. I have shortlisted a few Options,

1. Polk RTi A5:
I had the pleasure of demoing this at one of fellow FM Srinivas's place. I was Blown away with these speakers. Even 320kbps mp3 files were fantastic in these speakers. We had then played Avatar and the sound was simply terrific. Their impedence is 8 ohm and their sensitivity is 90 db. I am not yet sure if HTR 3066 can handle these speakers. The price of these is a bit on the higher side. It costs about 50k

2. Pioneer Andrew Jones Floor standers:
I did not demo these, but these very highly rated in our forum. Their budget is well with my range. They cost about 24k. I will have demo of them though before finalizing. Again, not sure about HTR 3066 handling these speakers.

3. Wharfdale Diamond 230:
These speakers are very highly recommended by hifimart. The specifications look really good and the price is 48k in hifimart. Need to demo them though.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Also, If anyone know any place where I can demo Pioneer AJ Speakers in Hyderabad, please do let us know.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

No update here regarding Polk 220 vs AJs vs Diamond 220 !

Pls review if you finalised any thing from these as i also have same query.

No update here regarding Polk 220 vs AJs vs Diamond 220 !

Pls review if you finalised any thing from these as i also have same query.
I had an experience with polk 220. It's high are very crispy and clean. I love it's natural tone. I can't tell you about the rest. Sorry for that[emoji20]. Hope it you help you a little[emoji4].
If you have any experience with aj and diamond please share it.
Please let us know your findings. I am similarly confused between Polk 220 vs AJs vs Diamond 220.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back