Floorstanders to go with Rega Brio R

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Can you please tell me what kind of music you tried the speakers with? I have been told they emphasize the mids, which is something I like as well.
I listened to my collection of English (Classic rock, pop), some global music (African Kora from Toumani Diabate Sonah Jobarteh), some new Hindi, some Tamil (Sid Sriram ones), malayalam (try Aaraadhike from Ambili soundtrack for female vocals). All streamed through Spotify.

Most of my listening is mid-heavy and I liked what I was hearing there. Though we also tried some Martin Garrix ones to test the bass response - again a sea change from my Torvin.

When you say "they" are you refering to the amp (Vista audio spark) or the speakers (Platinum/Gold Achal)? In the case of speakers, no bias though the mids are very good - there's more than enough bass for me. In the case of amp, they do emphasize mids a bit - low end is not too bad.

I listened to my collection of English (Classic rock, pop), some global music (African Kora from Toumani Diabate Sonah Jobarteh), some new Hindi, some Tamil (Sid Sriram ones), malayalam (try Aaraadhike from Ambili soundtrack for female vocals). All streamed through Spotify.

Most of my listening is mid-heavy and I liked what I was hearing there. Though we also tried some Martin Garrix ones to test the bass response - again a sea change from my Torvin.

When you say "they" are you refering to the amp (Vista audio spark) or the speakers (Platinum/Gold Achal)? In the case of speakers, no bias though the mids are very good - there's more than enough bass for me. In the case of amp, they do emphasize mids a bit - low end is not too bad.
"They" would be speakers. Thanks a lot!

Sorry to revive an old thread. Amit came yesterday and installed the Platinum Achal. Mated to the tiny vista audio spark, it still sings!

Yea, the position of the right speaker is unfortunate, but we live with what we can have...

View attachment 51661
Hey! congratulations. Nice looking set up out there.
How does it sound as of now? From what I have noticed these speakers need about 80 to 100 hrs of break in and they open up even more.

Regards,
Som

Nice looking setup, do they provide customised colour for speaker cabinet? :cool:
Yeah. IndiqAudio do provide custom finishes based on our requirements. I wanted something that would match my wooden false ceiling and all i had to do was give them the laminate code :p .

But yeah, the Red what fm @shekharmenon got looks neat!

Regards,
Som

Yeah. IndiqAudio do provide custom finishes based on our requirements. I wanted something that would match my wooden false ceiling and all i had to do was give them the laminate code :p .

But yeah, the Red what fm @shekharmenon got looks neat!

Regards,
Som
Thats cool... next time when I plan upgrade or add to my setup... i might consider this option.

Sorry to revive an old thread. Amit came yesterday and installed the Platinum Achal. Mated to the tiny vista audio spark, it still sings!

Yea, the position of the right speaker is unfortunate, but we live with what we can have...

View attachment 51661
congrats on your purchase. Btw, I saw those tower before in other pictures and wondered someone have some unique choice of colour

Hey! congratulations. Nice looking set up out there.
How does it sound as of now? From what I have noticed these speakers need about 80 to 100 hrs of break in and they open up even more.

Regards,
Som
Loving what I am hearing! Still early days of break in.

congrats on your purchase. Btw, I saw those tower before in other pictures and wondered someone have some unique choice of colour
:)
Been eyeing a pair of red speaker since I fell for the look of some Tektons long ago!

View attachment 51661
No toe in required with these?

Great setup! Congrats! Just wanted to add my two cents - its not about “more than enough bass” but whether you’re hearing the entire sonic spectrum that is contained in the track which includes the lowest of frequencies. Its not just about the quantity but also about the quality which includes the speed and tonality of the bass. A lot of tracks contain plenty of information below 40hz which is where most speakers start to roll off. This is where the subwoofer comes in and augments those frequencies so that they arent lost in the mix. I am sure these floorstanders have plenty bass and of good quality at that but you should definitely try and pair them with a decent subwoofer and hear what you’re possibly missing out on.

No toe in required with these?

Great setup! Congrats! Just wanted to add my two cents - its not about “more than enough bass” but whether you’re hearing the entire sonic spectrum that is contained in the track which includes the lowest of frequencies. Its not just about the quantity but also about the quality which includes the speed and tonality of the bass. A lot of tracks contain plenty of information below 40hz which is where most speakers start to roll off. This is where the subwoofer comes in and augments those frequencies so that they arent lost in the mix. I am sure these floorstanders have plenty bass and of good quality at that but you should definitely try and pair them with a decent subwoofer and hear what you’re possibly missing out on.
I would do a bit of toe in - but no space for now. This is a rented place - so can't really do much. Hopefully the next place has better space.

Thanks for the suggestion. Out of budget for now. Will keep adding over the next few months for a good set of subwoofers. Or find a way to audition subwoofers to match.

I doubt if the 50W Brio is intended for use in a large room driving floorstanders.

Sorry for being a spoil sport but it's better you consider this in your purchase decisions..
50w is very understated. It can drive most speakers with ease. I was quite suprised once i tried it

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back