Floorstanders without Sub vs. Bookshelves with Sub?

Hi all,

I have a good quote for Klipsch R-100SW and R-120SW subwoofers, which kind of fall in my budget (~35k). The online reviews seem great. ( Sadly, cannot audition them.)
Anyone have a personal experience w.r.t Klipsch subwoofers?

If not these, the other option closer to in price is Taga 212 SE.
Please advise.

Hi all,

I have a good quote for Klipsch R-100SW and R-120SW subwoofers, which kind of fall in my budget (~35k). The online reviews seem great. ( Sadly, cannot audition them.)

Please advise.
Just picked up a Kipsch spl-150, which is a 15 inch though. I had auditioned its predecessor 115sw, at Cinebells, Bangalore.
My initial impressions: I have a SVS PB2000 too. In terms of enthusiasm and hitting hard when it really matters, the Klipsch is miles ahead. The SVS is polite and goes deep. The Klipsch is a party animal, but not shabby or bloated. I think the Klipsch designers were very clear when they set out to design this subwoofer: make movie watching fun!
I would presume its younger brother, the 12 inch should be equally good. But the 15 inch packs a punch, and I have lined up all my Blu-rays to watch them again. Movies have a new meaning now.
I am exploring the spl 150 for music too, and surprisingly it’s tight. I would know better as the sub burns in (if there’s such a thing).
I guess if your priority is movies, then the Klipsch 12 inch for 35k should be a good place to start.

And, the most undeniable truth about subwoofers: you may have the best, but ultimately everything is decided by your room.

Hi all,

Please advise.
Have you considered the BIC America F12?

Hi all,

Please advise.

Klipsch speakers have reputation of being great with Movies!

I owned Polk DSW Pro 550i subwoofer and it's good sub for its price. It has little tight and agile bass best suits for small listening rooms. This sub doesn't catch your attention and keepon working. BIC PL200 is better than Polk in terms of sound quality but integration with bookshelf may be difficult. This sub is pretty loud and goes deep and always catch attention which may always divert you from other speakers. I have auditioned this BIC PL200 sub with small BIC satalite speakers and Pioneer avr . I was surprised by the power and depth this sub was giving its price. But again you will feels that only sub is working and other speakers are idle.

Thanks for providing clarity on the Polk subwoofer @rpmahale I'm going for an audition today and will see if they have Polk subwoofers.

My current list to audition: Yamaha SW 300, Taga 212 SE, BIC F12, Klipsch R-SW100, Polk DSW 550i

Heard the Yamaha SW 300, Taga 212 SE and Klipsch R-100 SW and R-120SW.

Klipsch 120SW was great. Accurate bass. But, out of my budget. Yamaha SW 300 felt more punchier and tighter.
Taga 212 SE was also pretty good, however I wouldn't put my money on it yet.

Sadly, couldn't get an audition for BIC F12 at the moment.

There's a 6k difference between Yamaha 300 (10") and BIC F12 (12") Should I go for the F12 without an audition?!? Anyone heard both?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back