Floorstanding speakers/Amplifier pairing

Ok Guys, I found few dealers in Goa who are into Hifi sound. Sound House, Ichos, AVLProGlobal and Audiophile. I will go and Audition some setups. Thank you guys for your inputs.
That’s great! Try for 30-40 mins per speaker-amp combo with music you are familiar with. Also listen with loudness/tone controls on amp set to OFF to see if you like the sound of speakers.

Hi Guys, I decided to buy the Klipsch RP-600M speakers first.
I tested them on the Friend's Nobsound Hybrid amp(Price 220 $) and they were sounding clear and good base(i was surprised).
Then I tested them Yamaha RN-602 Stereo Receiver and was not happy with the clarity of the sound. Even after tuning it for some time, its still not clear.
I planning to go with the NAD326Bee as it has a sub option, unfortunately the dealer in Goa informed me, that I have to wait till mid of Jan. Guys I am visiting bombay on 14th-16th of December, If you guys can provide contact of any dealers(bombay) who deal with NAD amps or hybrid tube amps, it will be much appreciated.

Hi Guys, I decided to buy the Klipsch RP-600M speakers first.
I tested them on the Friend's Nobsound Hybrid amp(Price 220 $) and they were sounding clear and good base(i was surprised).
Then I tested them Yamaha RN-602 Stereo Receiver and was not happy with the clarity of the sound. Even after tuning it for some time, its still not clear.
I planning to go with the NAD326Bee as it has a sub option, unfortunately the dealer in Goa informed me, that I have to wait till mid of Jan. Guys I am visiting bombay on 14th-16th of December, If you guys can provide contact of any dealers(bombay) who deal with NAD amps or hybrid tube amps, it will be much appreciated.

Hi Jesusly,

Lakozy at Charni Road(West) close to the railway station, keeps Nad & PSB. This is their online site

& address.
Lakozy Audio Imagination
Showroom No: 3,
21-Lakozy Mansion,
Chowpatty Seaface,
Mumbai 400 007
Telephone
+91-22-2369 7001/2
Fax
+91-22-2369 8001

Since you are interested in Klipsch range & in case if you have not bought them , the dealer is Cinebells which is 5 mins drive from Khar station. Both Lakozy & Cinebells showrooms are approx 35 mins apart in the opposite direction by train. But you can easily audition them in half a day. Pls don't take a cab since you will get stuck in traffic & may take you 1.5 to 2 hours depending on rush hours.

Cinebells address
Seasons avenue, 3rd Floor, vitalbhai, Linking Rd, Khar West, Near Ramkrishna Mission Ashram, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400052

All the best.

Last edited:
I won’t make specific recommendations. But if you primarily listen to Rock and Metal, assess the bottom end of the speakers. It doesn’t have to go deep, but should be differentiated and clear. Secondly, the speakers need to be fast to keep the energy going. And yet, not thin - that wouldn’t suit Rock. When you audition, check whether they make you rock!

As for the amplifier, you shouid seek power and control more than nuance and delicacy. I am assuming you can really crank it up in Goa unlike the apartments here in Mumbai.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back