fm heliumflight's 3 year cxn v1 for 55k with NO WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is getting distorted .
I bought it around January 2016( or first half of 2016)
Sold it exactly in February 2018( sure about this)

And please excuse me for any time mistakes. I have tried my best to recollect when I have bought the CXN.
thanks a lot for coming forward to help and sharing important info

I have a difference of opinion from the FMs who say it’s entirely the buyer’s responsibility to ensure everything works fine. I see why that could be the case on an e-commerce website for old items. But guys this is a forum of hobbyists who share a common passion. There’s an unsaid code of conduct and trust that lies at its foundation. The buy/sell feature is just a subset of it. I feel there’s as much onus on the sellers to be open and upfront about telling every little detail about the product that could potentially affect its utility/value to the buyer. It is just what gentlemen do.

Coming to the specific case, two more FM buyers apart from the OP have shared similar/worse experiences with the same seller FM. Does it point to a possible pattern of not disclosing sufficiently about the product for sale? There are more senior members and moderators here who might be better judge of the same.

I have recently made a few purchases of preowned stuff on the forum. One of the things (among others) that I am cautious of while buying on the forum is to check if the seller has too many ‘for sale’ posts and tendency to push in other threads. While there could be genuine reason for this in some cases, I prefer caution.

My suggestion to the OP (and other FMs reading this thread) is not to generalise this experience and form a negative opinion of purchasing on the forum. I have had splendid experiences recently buying a Tuner, BDP and optical cable from three different FMs - all of whom were a treat to deal with. There are so many wonderful preowned products that one doesn’t even know of and open up a new vista of audio pleasure for you!
thanks Sachin sir ive made some really good friends on this forum and after being here for a decade this was totally unexpected from a fellow forum member and the way some senior members say your loss is your loss please don't bring all these here and disturb our discussions is something i never understand! they don't have to help but the way they just come to write us off and ask us not to share the issues freaks me out!

The most easiest thing to do
Take lan wire , connect one side to streamer other side to lan port of extender.

I mean it can't get easier then this

Yes, as simple as that. And go for a CAT7 Ethernet cable. I have a new CXN V2 and though its WiFi works fine, I prefer the LAN connection as it’s quick (no time taken in connecting to wifi when the unit is started, you don’t even realise it’s connecting) and more reliable connection. I bought this cable (have shared my experience) and am quite happy with it: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/ampcom-ethernet-cable-cat7-improved-streamer-sound.77250/

Yes, as simple as that. And go for a CAT7 Ethernet cable. I have a new CXN V2 and though its WiFi works fine, I prefer the LAN connection as it’s quick (no time taken in connecting to wifi when the unit is started, you don’t even realise it’s connecting) and more reliable connection. I bought this cable (have shared my experience) and am quite happy with it: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/ampcom-ethernet-cable-cat7-improved-streamer-sound.77250/
Can using direct LAN be a risk in rainy season?This year my router burnt due to water in LAN cable.May some serge blow av stuff.What's your thought?

Can using direct LAN be a risk in rainy season?This year my router burnt due to water in LAN cable.May some serge blow av stuff.What's your thought?

Thanks Dr for pointing out the risk. I never thought of the same. Though there’s no chance of the Ethernet cable from the router to the streamer getting wet as it’s indoors, I am wondering if lightening might carry itself through broadband cables outside to the router to the equipment connected by Ethernet to it? Will it? Can any of the electrical engineers opine on it?

Till there’s a clarity on this, I think henceforth I will disconnect the cable and use wifi during periods of intense rainfall.

The electric surge issue is universal for all equipment and not specific to those connected over LAN to a router. And I’ve seen many threads on the forum about mitigating that risk.

Till there’s a clarity on this, I think henceforth I will disconnect the cable and use wifi during periods of intense rainfall.

This year rain was prolonged :).That's why I prefer WiFi over LAN connecting AVR in rains.

now adding fuel to the fire a well know member from hyderabad @prateekatasniya pinged me saying that mr. sharma/heliumflight bought the cxn v1 from him around 2 1/2 years back for 50k and it was already 2 years old then ...while mr. Sharma @heliumflight claimed he was the first owner and sold it to me for 55k after nearly 3 years usage!... this is really turning out dirty... requesting admin and moderators to take some action regarding this for the welfare and safety on this group... @arj @Naturelover @Nikhil @HiFiVision
The mods or HFV has nothing to do with the private transaction. I assume you started this thread to make people aware - leave it at that. Asking for "action" is a bit too much. As it is a lot of skeletons have poured out, so, let people draw their own conclusions and hope that both buyers and sellers learn from your nasty experience. I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

thanks have ordered a wifi extender with ethernet port plus cat7 cable... hoping this helps and it works!

now adding fuel to the fire a well know member from hyderabad @prateekatasniya pinged me saying that mr. sharma/heliumflight bought the cxn v1 from him around 2 1/2 years back for 50k and it was already 2 years old then ...while mr. Sharma @heliumflight claimed he was the first owner and sold it to me for 55k after nearly 3 years usage!... this is really turning out dirty... requesting admin and moderators to take some action regarding this for the welfare and safety on this group... @arj @Naturelover @Nikhil @HiFiVision

@metalmickey I would suggest leaving pricing out of this. Point no 9 of Safety tips very clearly mentions to do a due diligence before buying and its very easy to get comparative prices. A simple search in the forum will let you know about anything sold/bought in the forum and you can search by sellers name as well.

We know its is an anguishing experience when a product does not meet expectations and hopefully members have been giving solutions for you to fix it...and you have everyones sympathies on that

Since the forum is not a Buy/Sell Marketplace and just a place to bring people together , it is based on trust and also of an expectation of due diligence as many folks have mentioned. Any transactions to solve the issue is ideally done outside the forum as a 1:1 between the buyer and seller.

The mods or HFV has nothing to do with the private transaction. I assume you started this thread to make people aware - leave it at that. Asking for "action" is a bit too much. As it is a lot of skeletons have poured out, so, let people draw their own conclusions and hope that both buyers and sellers learn from your nasty experience. I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

Thanks a lot for that Keith, thats the only reason why this thread was allowed to go as it is.. as well as find a fix for metalmickey genuine tech issue .

Sorry for the 5K loss and also non-working Wifi.. Most essential for the convenience is currently WiFI streaming which is promised and lacking is shocking... However as Keith indicated HFV cannot come forward to sort out your issues, only thing if the thread get hot and the words get worst, thread will be locked and heliumft will be banned.. Later you have to be in private chat over phone to sort out these issues.

I have sold several items and bought several items here, fortunately i bought from good sellers and unfortunately sold few items to bad buyers whom in-turn cheated or promised me with part money when the item reached properly and safe to them.. That way they are guaranteed of part money is safe and later few got disconnected with me of not paying. I never complained or put forward the same in forum, since we are dealing on our own risk in this forum as per the rules and we should have our own responsibility.

However your intention is to show his real face to others which is one way appreciable, which i generally not do in open forum and circulate the same to known contacts to be aware.. Recently one member from delhi/punjab got my speaker and avoided me of not paying the shipping charges he promised..

Anyway i have seen in this forum and outside forum lot of doctors are audiophiles and they have been targeted because they have good money and not an hard negotiator :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks Dr for pointing out the risk. I never thought of the same. Though there’s no chance of the Ethernet cable from the router to the streamer getting wet as it’s indoors, I am wondering if lightening might carry itself through broadband cables outside to the router to the equipment connected by Ethernet to it? Will it? Can any of the electrical engineers opine on it?

The electric surge issue is universal for all equipment and not specific to those connected over LAN to a router. And I’ve seen many threads on the forum about mitigating that risk.
Interesting question and there are Surge protectors available in the market for Ethernet and USB. I presume if the surge is on the ground then it can carry via any connecting conductor including ethernet ?

not everyone will go through this thread and another day another buyer who lost his money will happen just because mods knowingly let a chronic defaulter roam around freely and sell things here!...

Sorry for the 5K loss and also non-working Wifi.. Most essential for the convenience is currently WiFI streaming which is promised and lacking is shocking... However as Keith indicated HFV cannot come forward to sort out your issues, only thing if the thread get hot and the words get worst, thread will be locked and heliumft will be banned.. Later you have to be in private chat over phone to sort out these issues.

I have sold several items and bought several items here, fortunately i bought from good sellers and unfortunately sold few items to bad buyers whom in-turn cheated or promised me with part money when the item reached properly and safe to them.. That way they are guaranteed of part money is safe and later few got disconnected with me of not paying. I never complained or put forward the same in forum, since we are dealing on our own risk in this forum as per the rules and we should have our own responsibility.

However your intention is to show his real face to others which is one way appreciable, which i generally not do in open forum and circulate the same to known contacts to be aware.. Recently one member from delhi/punjab got my speaker and avoided me of not paying the shipping charges he promised..

Anyway i have seen in this forum and outside forum lot of doctors are audiophiles and they have been targeted because they have good money and not an hard negotiator :) :) :) :) :)
hi sir long time how you been? i came forward to post on this forum after the seller blocked all communication with me and this thread was started after all the mods and admins asked me to do so!

I am curious. Is there no one on the forum who has bought from Heliumflight who’s had a good experience. So far I am only seeing negative experiences.

Interesting question and there are Surge protectors available in the market for Ethernet and USB. I presume if the surge is on the ground then it can carry via any connecting conductor including ethernet ?

The need for a surge protector for Ethernet is for cases where your Internet line comes over DSL or Cable from outside
If you have fiber till the last mile and don’t use DTH/ cable then you don’t need any added protection

If you have DSL, the RJ11 line coming into your modem should go through a surge protector if you have any expensive equipment on your LAN
I had an old APC UPS that had a RJ11 surge protector - There should be standalone dataline surge protectors available though

I am curious. Is there no one on the forum who has bought from Heliumflight who’s had a good experience. So far I am only seeing negative experiences.

I think it's the evolutionary trait of human nature to never forget bad experiences and deceits.

On another note, I feel that many a FMs didn't want to steer the pot and raise the issue with seller after a certain time has passed. They simply let it go at that time maybe due to many reasons like this one when Mr Sharma simply blocked metalmicky.

In my case my friend who bought from Mr Sharma, didn't have heart to even talk about it. He was simply disgusted with such lies.

As this thing kept coming up in conversations as the amp set dead in the shelf staring at him. I coudn't resist putting the incident here.

For My friend and me, its an everyday reminder of how wool can be pulled over your eyes by so called audiophile or enthusiasts.

I think it's the evolutionary trait of human nature to never forget bad experiences and deceits.

On another note, I feel that many a FMs didn't want to steer the pot and raise the issue with seller after a certain time has passed. They simply let it go at that time maybe due to many reasons like this one when Mr Sharma simply blocked metalmicky.

In my case my friend who bought from Mr Sharma, didn't have heart to even talk about it. He was simply disgusted with such lies.

As this thing kept coming up in conversations as the amp set dead in the shelf staring at him. I coudn't resist putting the incident here.

For My friend and me, its an everyday reminder of how wool can be pulled over your eyes by so called audiophile or enthusiasts.
its the same for me it's been a week since he cut contacts and i actually let it pass but every time i see the streamer sitting idle i just feel a uncontrollable surge of angst so contacted the mods and admin and under the guidance started this thread to make other audiophiles aware of such people

An "audiophile" or "enthusiast" does not wear a red cape and underwear over their pants. He/She is a human just like everyone else and are subject to human failings, weaknesses and frailties like everyone else. You MIGHT expect them to be different, but they're not. The sooner one learns this, the better.

Thanks to the Mods for allowing this thread. It is important that such instances are pointed out for the benefit of future buyers and sellers. Maybe some process (like transaction rating) can be thought of to segregate ‘bad’ buyers/sellers.

Can't wish a good morning here, as this chain doesn't look so pleasant. I read the entire chain of comments, complaints, suggestions.
Instead of sharing specific comments related to this particular deal, that went sour, I would like to share my personal thoughts in general.

Pricing of used items
I cannot blame a seller for selling a used item for higher price. It's demand vs supply. If there's a shortage of, say 'Padosan' vinyl. Seller will mark his price at ₹ 5,500 and I, as a desperate buyer will buy it & be happy. BUT if I see someone selling the same vinyl for ₹ 2,500 after a few days, it's human tendency to feel bad. 'Ram Rajya' is a myth. It cannot exist. You'll meet all kinds of people, on forums, on Facebook, in office, even in a family.

Admin intervention on HFV
To be true, am new here, on HVF. But during my presence here, I have read all genres of posts, heard people, seen gears for sale or gears wanted as well as Admin rules, suggestion and numerous advice. Now switching to this particular section where fellow FMs place their used gears for sale. I personally feel that admins cannot handhold everyone, neither can they police over issues that keeps cropping up now and then. I have seen frequent posts by Admins cautioning about your sales and purchase. And I feel they (admins) can and should administer till there. Anything beyond will make them quit their regular life, job or business and manage this forum and convert this forum into OLX or Quikr.
We all are grownups, educated and we all go to buy vegetables at the local market. We all are quite wise & intelligent while choosing the fresh potato from the stale ones. We all are smart enough to bargain for fruits & move to another shop to choose the best for ourselves.
Why can't the same be applied here ?
If I was to buy an amp or speaker from a gentleman in Chennai that costs ₹ 50,000 (I'm in Delhi), I would either do a video call with the seller or ask one of my relatives or colleagues or friend to go and check the equipment & update me. It's inconvenient, but then it's big moolah and moolah pinches everybody. Trust Nobody.

Having shared my thoughts, I am a bit happy now to see that @metalmickey got some nice & nifty solutions from members. I hope and pray that he makes the best out of his gear. I request to please move on and try to keep those bitter feelings and thoughts aside as they will only make you feel worse. Just consider this as a lesson & be more careful with future investments.

Peace & happy listening

P.S. Please don't consider any of my words here as blame or justifying anyone or any deal.

Firstly im sorry to hear about the experience of @metalmickey. I completely understand what he must have gone through.

Would like to add my two cents as I have had some good(@ravikumar-rotel…Great doing business with him) and bad experience in buying new/used gear from NON Dealers and I would also like to see an improved method to interact/transact with future Sellers/Buyers. Below is what I would wish to see for a used item that is for sale.

• Physical Condition – 1 to 5
(5 Being the best and 1 being the worst)

• Working Condition – 1 to 5
(5 Being the best and 1 being the worst)

• Features – All working/Some working/Not checked
(Features being Wifi/Bluetooth OR HT options OR DSP etc)

• Connections - All working/Some working/Not checked
(Connections being RCA/XLR/HDMI etc)

• Age –

• Proof Of Purchase – Available/Not Available

• Extra Comments from seller –
(First Hand/2nd Hand or Hours Used etc)

Everyone is welcome to add/modify the above and I hope the final version can be implemented on the forum. I know it would make life a little less messy for sure and the added clarity would be great for the buyer.

Also as @abhisekkhanna mentioned a transaction rating is a good option so one has an idea and history of who one is dealing with.

y
Can't wish a good morning here, as this chain doesn't look so pleasant. I read the entire chain of comments, complaints, suggestions.
Instead of sharing specific comments related to this particular deal, that went sour, I would like to share my personal thoughts in general.

Pricing of used items
I cannot blame a seller for selling a used item for higher price. It's demand vs supply. If there's a shortage of, say 'Padosan' vinyl. Seller will mark his price at ₹ 5,500 and I, as a desperate buyer will buy it & be happy. BUT if I see someone selling the same vinyl for ₹ 2,500 after a few days, it's human tendency to feel bad. 'Ram Rajya' is a myth. It cannot exist. You'll meet all kinds of people, on forums, on Facebook, in office, even in a family.

Admin intervention on HFV
To be true, am new here, on HVF. But during my presence here, I have read all genres of posts, heard people, seen gears for sale or gears wanted as well as Admin rules, suggestion and numerous advice. Now switching to this particular section where fellow FMs place their used gears for sale. I personally feel that admins cannot handhold everyone, neither can they police over issues that keeps cropping up now and then. I have seen frequent posts by Admins cautioning about your sales and purchase. And I feel they (admins) can and should administer till there. Anything beyond will make them quit their regular life, job or business and manage this forum and convert this forum into OLX or Quikr.
We all are grownups, educated and we all go to buy vegetables at the local market. We all are quite wise & intelligent while choosing the fresh potato from the stale ones. We all are smart enough to bargain for fruits & move to another shop to choose the best for ourselves.
Why can't the same be applied here ?
If I was to buy an amp or speaker from a gentleman in Chennai that costs ₹ 50,000 (I'm in Delhi), I would either do a video call with the seller or ask one of my relatives or colleagues or friend to go and check the equipment & update me. It's inconvenient, but then it's big moolah and moolah pinches everybody. Trust Nobody.

Having shared my thoughts, I am a bit happy now to see that @metalmickey got some nice & nifty solutions from members. I hope and pray that he makes the best out of his gear. I request to please move on and try to keep those bitter feelings and thoughts aside as they will only make you feel worse. Just consider this as a lesson & be more careful with future investments.

Peace & happy listening

P.S. Please don't consider any of my words here as blame or justifying anyone or any deal.
yes thanks to people here saved me the hassle of dragging wire from my modem and to to my bedroom which might involve drilling a hole in the wall and pvc sealing on the cable etc and a couple of extra thousands etc... even now i just bought a extender with ethernet port and a ethernet cable which set me back by 2700inr though not a big amount its really an unwanted and unnecessary expense for me... it would have been really nice if just that wifi thingy worked i would have just been a happy buyer and would have been enjoying my tidal playlists... instead of all these... but i am sure all these happened for a reason and someone's hard earned money saved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back