Focal Chorus 807 V v/s Dali Ikon 2 v/s MA RS 1

I am partial to Focal, so that's my vote. Their sound just feels 'right' to me. I have only heard floorstanders, but I would guess the bookshelves would show the same traits. I have Focal in my car and I never get bored of them. MA seemed bright and did not do well in imaging either. Best of luck!

thanks sarge,

i was worried that their high sensitivity 92dB and sharp tweeter will lay bare the electronic chain and not so good recordings. I was looking for something which "tolerates" to a level.

I run a NAD C356 + marantz SA 7001 CDP.. and i think i have it reasonably good there...

I invite FM's to comment on FOcal 807v

thanks,
mpw

I am using focal in ceiling which are based on the 706v bookshelf. Contrary to popular belief, focal is not at all bright. It is not warm either.

And the inverted metal tweeter produces very sweet highs without any hint of harshness.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

^ What he said.

The Focal home speakers are very neutral *to me* (as opposed to car speakers - the lower priced models of those were actually bright). Of course, you should try to listen to them - preferably with your amplification to see if you like it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back