Foobar crossover DSP settings

cooltoad

I recently tried the foobar xover crossover dsp with my wharfedale 9.2, nad c320bee and creative xfi card. I have absolutely no knowledge about crossovers except some basic stuff read over the web. With some trial and error, the improvement is immediately noticeable when i enable/disable the DSP . But i want to optimize for the ideal setting(if there could be one)for a tight bass, smooth midrange and ideal treble.

Right now i am using the low pass at 80Hz, midband pass 80-2000hz and highpass at 2000hz. Am i doing the right thing here and can the setting be optimized for a given speaker , like increasing the high frequency crossover at 3khz or low pass at 40hz. I'll be grateful if the members could guide me on this and some fundas thrown in would be great.

i dont use any of the dsp available for foobar,everything is ruler flat.somehow i feel,usage of dsp's and such detract from the intended sonics of the recording,but YMMV :).cheers

I recently tried the foobar xover crossover dsp with my wharfedale 9.2, nad c320bee and creative xfi card. I have absolutely no knowledge about crossovers except some basic stuff read over the web. With some trial and error, the improvement is immediately noticeable when i enable/disable the DSP . But i want to optimize for the ideal setting(if there could be one)for a tight bass, smooth midrange and ideal treble.

Right now i am using the low pass at 80Hz, midband pass 80-2000hz and highpass at 2000hz. Am i doing the right thing here and can the setting be optimized for a given speaker , like increasing the high frequency crossover at 3khz or low pass at 40hz. I'll be grateful if the members could guide me on this and some fundas thrown in would be great.

How are you changing the frequencies?The settings seem to be reverting back to default when I click on apply!:sad:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back