Food for Thought

rikhav

Hi all
Informally I have discussed this thought of mine with FM JLS001 but as I said it being a just a discussion between friends , never bothered to write it on the forum.

I know many audiophiles who have become good friends now. Some don't have time and inclination and some are not at all well versed with the pc, so they always request me to put on sale on the forum anything they like to sell

Ofcourse I make sure it's a good deal and the product is absolutely what it's being advertised for . But in all this the forum eggs nothing for being such a good platform

So I was proposing why not we have a fixed fees to put a sale advertisement
Maybe products sold under INR 15000 or 20000 can be exempted

The group of moderators and supermod can discuss amongst themselves and implement if feasible but this way people can contribute to forum indirectly or directly, how ever way one takes it

Other forum members can also put their suggestions

Thanks

Instead of the forum, it could be another site (aka hifiads, which sadly was shut).

Instead of the forum, it could be another site (aka hifiads, which sadly was shut).

No harm keeping it in the forum itself
That way people don't need to visit two separate websites

Just a way to support the forum . Personally I many times think that I should support the forum in some way but then either don't get a chance or get caught up in some work

The forum as a platform has done some wonderful things for us by making us meet like minded people and sharing knowledge

I would propose to setup an account for anyone to freely donate money whatever amount they wish. Attaching to classifieds can perhaps open up a can of worms.

I would propose to setup an account for anyone to freely donate money whatever amount they wish. Attaching to classifieds can perhaps open up a can of worms.

I did not get you
I mean in what way ?

The forum still would not be responsible for any issues happening between buyer and seller like always

It's just providing us a platform

Hi friends,

My opinion.

1. If money transaction is involved While advertising Ads either in the form of donation or fees, then the forum also will be accountable for the sale / purchase.

2. Hence, it is desirable to donate any amount by the FMs as proposed by @tuff .

3. Feasibility may be explored to have a separate paid membership to have permission to post at 'For Sale' page.

Regards.

IMHO, the advantage of having the possibility of having to pay a fee for the facility of using the sale listing is that only genuine ads will be posted as besides owners, even dealers have the added incentive to post as they would naturally want to post on regular basis hence the possibility of dodgy product sales would be reduced considerably. It can be taken even further by having some known FM from the sellers city could personally visit the sellers place to verify whether the listing is genuine or not, infact the ad could be approved for listing only after the green signal from the fm be received for the ad being a bonafide one. This would certainly not only make the system almost fool proof & also ensure more people getting the opportunity to get into the hobby with peace of mind. Being an optimistic person, I would certainly expect such a system to work.
Such a system would also involve a grading system that would make a bonafide seller more trustworthy & hence his sales could be bettered as a result.
The dealer could also be encouraged to pay a higher listing fee since he is benefiting from the sales. I would request the supermod & mods atleast have a discussion amongst themselves as a lot of positives could be the outcome of having such a system in place, the most important one being the financials required to run the forum in a better manner, be available to the supermod himself.
Just some thoughts that I am sharing amongst fellow fm's.

Good ideas and Great Thoughts....lets see what the others feel...i am sure all of us want to make this place more better and secure.....

Feasibility and practicability needs to be reviewed and assessed.....OLX and Quikr are 2 major platforms which have some of the features and services available.....some are subscription based.....while i agree that there are some FMs who faced bad experiences when buying through for sale by owner section...thats the harsh reality and we must be cautious and careful to check all details and demo if in same city...else request a known FM to check on your behalf if the product is in another city...whatsapp real time video calls and social media can help to ascertain performance and condition.....

After considerable deliberation, we have put up a voluntary donation link at the header. Simply scroll up and click on the Donate link to make a donation.

Although ads are a necessary evil, the increased use of AdBlock does not help.

We have disabled all ads (in-between posts) for registered members. Ads will only be visible at the top and bottom of a thread.

If you love HiFiVISION and want to ensure its future existence, you can voluntary donate towards the upkeep and running of HiFiVision.com. Please note that your voluntary donation does not grant you any additional rights or privileges on HiFiVision.com.

I did discuss with Supermod regarding making of Sale posts as paid service but he's reluctant to go commercial.
Ifmoney transaction is involved While advertising Ads either in the form of donation or fees, then the forum also will be accountable for the sale / purchase.
OIC! How much do you think is the newspaper guys responsible for loss on account if you were to insert classified ad!?

Last edited:
I tried to transfer money several times but it failed but In the end it showed on the screen that PAYMENT HAS BEEN DEBITED as well it's failed
Nor did I get any SMS

Can any mods confirm if the payment gateway got any transfer post 12 AM

I just put up my opinion. Newspaper guyz put up any Ad for money. And both cases r different.
Voicing an opinion must be based on some sound thinking IMHO. I don't think forum has any means of verifying the genuineness of the seller and product. I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back