For all 2010/2011 Panasonic Plasma owners

hey blasto, could you pls tell me what is this 50Hz motion issue ?! i get disheartened reading about supposed problems with this gem of a TV, and though i dont want to get into the pit and deliberately search for faults, but still, since i have read some posts on it, would like to know what this exactly is, and how can it be pestering.

@ charanbee - yes, the VT is a 3D TV.

Panny doesnt handle 50hz material that well. It usually gives a image tearing effect . I wouldnt say its so visible. But couple that (CMIIW BLASTO) a interlaced scanning video , the effect is more , but still very minimal imo.

thanks for that ! arent our DTH channels in 50Hz ? and does the effect seem more pronounced while watching sports channels (fast pan shots) ?

I would say dont read any further if you dont see it yourself. As I gather, it is more visible if you move from samsung plasma but very subtle otherwise.

My issue is with DTH channels only. During horizontal pan of closeup shots of faces, the R G and B colours seem to move in different speeds which results in tearing of picture.. Search for false countouring in images.google.com to get the idea.

It could be only me though.. None of my friends or relatives who saw full movies even seem to see this.

Its was visible in some HD channels , Even still its very minimal only

nevermind. i wont try touching the taboo anymore :p

I would say dont read any further if you dont see it yourself. As I gather, it is more visible if you move from samsung plasma but very subtle otherwise.

My issue is with DTH channels only. During horizontal pan of closeup shots of faces, the R G and B colours seem to move in different speeds which results in tearing of picture.. Search for false countouring in images.google.com to get the idea.

It could be only me though.. None of my friends or relatives who saw full movies even seem to see this.

i was actually going to reply something on the similar lines :lol:

i really didnt notice any such thing, but blame my judgement capability for that. nevertheless, i would prefer to stay blind to those glitches as long as i can. and am not going to move even a feet closer from my normal 12ft of viewing distance, lest some placebo tries playing tricks with my mind :p

thanks a lot both of you ! its friday night movie time. sorry for bothering you unnecessarily. i have already forgotten all those things we talked of above ;)

wow ! its the first time i saw some 3D content, today. just got up playing 'Gears of War 3' in 3D, and it was EXHILARATING ! :eek:hyeah: :yahoo:

why did i get up ?! :p

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back