For Lovers of Mohd. Rafi

Re: An Evening in London - Rafi Resurrected

Wanted to listen to this particular track and googled it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv71SzU0LaA

What I stumbled upon was amaazing; a treasure trove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_QG-g5AyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXnP59u-fXQ

Errr, Capitan. I seem to be missing something here. I started this thread speaking about Rafi Resurrected and these two Youtube links. If you read my first post, you need not have stumbled!!

Cheers

Re: An Evening in London - Rafi Resurrected

Errr, Capitan. I seem to be missing something here. I started this thread speaking about Rafi Resurrected and these two Youtube links. If you read my first post, you need not have stumbled!!

I first stumbled upon the youtube video and after someone pointed out, stumbled upon this thread. One thing led to the other and we merged the threads. I edited my post and added the clarification.

Incidentally, I stumbled upon the video wanting to listen to the very song that you were raving so much about. I'm amazed that our experiences were uncannily similar. :rolleyes:

Sonu Nigam, before he became famous in his own right, sang a lot of Rafi numbers for T Series. I enjoyed listening to him greatly in the late 90s/early 2000s, and even collected a number of such CDs. Among a sea of Rafi wannabes, I found him to be the closest to the original.

However, watching his recent concerts I feel rather disappointed as he now takes too many liberties and does not maintain the purity of the original rendition.

Cheers

Which lyric book of Mohd. Rafi songs is best to obtain. I am aware of Amazon, flipkart book titles but these are mediocre. A better collection book is what i am looking at.

On a side note, I am sorry, Sonu Nigam's voice is so plasticky that i cringe when hearing it. He sings so many south indian language songs nowadays that all songs sound the same. There is no subtlety, no emotion, cannot sing at high pitch, one track and one dimensional singing at its worst.
I would never buy any CD with him singing.

On a side note, I am sorry, Sonu Nigam's voice is so plasticky that i cringe when hearing it. He sings so many south indian language songs nowadays that all songs sound the same. There is no subtlety, no emotion, cannot sing at high pitch, one track and one dimensional singing at its worst.
I would never buy any CD with him singing.

Correct. No one can dare stand against Mohd. Rafi.

What a find, Venkat Sir and Captain.

Sadly I came upon this thread too late (yesterday night) to be able to buy the CD as it is not available anywhere, am forced to do something which I hate, listen to MP3 from the web.

Hope I can find the CD somewhere.

Sadly the two crossword stores in Delhi don't have it. They have also stopped getting any new stocks, so the search is still on.

Regards
Download from saragama.com
Use the 50% off offer on 20 tracks or more.
If you can get from abroad, it's available on amazon USA and UK.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back