For Nirvana Fans

tek

I just found out that the 180 gm "Back to Black" version of "In Utero" that is available via Rhythm House and others, is actually a pressing of the rare "Steve Albini mixes". Most die hard Nirvana fans will know that Steve Albini, the legendary producer, produced and recorded "In Utero" for Nirvana. But his mix was rejected by the studio and certain tracks were remixed by Scott Litt (who worked with REM).

in 2003 when they reissued "In Utero", the German pressings accidently used this original Albini Mix instead of the normal one that is readily available. This was an accident and few copies sneaked out.

The In Utero vinyl available in India is none other than this rare mix, which is different from the regular versions available. I urge all Nirvana fans to pick it up as it is a rarity and a true gem! If you look on the stamper in the dead wax, the last numbers should be "320".

A true gem and a treasure to own.

Also, the other Nirvana LPs they are selling (Nevermind and Unplugged) also have these 320 stampers on them. According to many in the Nirvana fan community, these versions are the best sounding vinyl releases to date, even surpassing the original pressings and mobile fidelity releases... I just played Nevermind side by side with my original pressing that I have, and the 180 gm Back to Black blows it all away! I have heard that recently ORG has reissued these albums as well, but i've not had a chance to hear those versions.

Back