Ford fiesta - iced - request suggestions to upgrade

neels

Hi,

I have the following configuration in my Ford Fiesta.

Head Unit - KENWOOD DDX8039 DVD TOUCH SCREEN PLAYER
Front - PHOENIX GOLD 6.5" COMPONENT
Rear - POLK MOMO FOUR WAY COMPONENT
AMP - BLAUPUNKT FOUR CHANNEL VR504
MONOBLOCK - ALPINE MRD1005 1000 WATTS DIGITAL
SUBWOOFERS - LIGHTNING AUDIO 12" 300WATTS RMS x 2
CAPACITOR - BOLT 1 FARAHD
RCA CABLES - MONSTER CABLE 201 XLN AND CHORD CABLE FOR SUB.
SPEAKER WIRES - KICKER
BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD BT100
IPOD INTERFACE - KENWOOD IP500
NIGHT VISION REVERSE CAMERA
SOUND DAMPENING BY WURTH.

The present setup sounds good but i would like to go on for FOCAL front components , please shoot your suggestions on how to improve this setup further.

what focal model no. are you going in for.
if youve heard them and liked them go for it.

other upgrade options are Illusion audio - the carbon series, and if you can afford then theres nothing better than the dynes.
what is your budget?

also are you buying from india or getting them from the US.
if its the US you can also think of ID and CDT

you also have an option of going all the way for 3 way components! a different tweeter,diferent bass woofer and a different mid bass!(of course you will have to cut the door pads and do some modification to accomodate an extra speaker!
Focal has these as well and so does hertz

but sir i strongly suggest you upgrade your blaupunkt amp.
it looks to me the weakest link in your chain

last on my list would be the lightning audio subs

Last edited:
Thank you for replying. I have zeroed in for Focal 165A - Focal 6.5" Access Components but the main problem is i cannot see or here it in my hometown. Is the model OK or can i go in for 3 way components as you have suggested. I will be glad if you specifically suggest any particular brand and model of 3 way components and a suitable amplifier so that i can replace my BLAUPANKT amp. Yes, you are right about the lightning audio subwoofers. I have two subs installed since i thought 2 subwoofers will give a very good bass. I recently came across a JVC ARSNAL 12" inch 1000 watts sub on one my friend's car and it is quite impressive. Can u please advice me regarding going in for one or two subwoofers. The budget i have planned to change the components (3 way ) and the 4 channel amp is around 50K. I will be grateful if u could advice me with the model nos of 3way components and 4 channel amp. Is it ok if i go in for a single JVC 1000watts subwoofer?

Thank you for replying. I have zeroed in for Focal 165A - Focal 6.5" Access Components but the main problem is i cannot see or here it in my hometown. Is the model OK or can i go in for 3 way components as you have suggested. I will be glad if you specifically suggest any particular brand and model of 3 way components and a suitable amplifier so that i can replace my BLAUPANKT amp. Yes, you are right about the lightning audio subwoofers. I have two subs installed since i thought 2 subwoofers will give a very good bass. I recently came across a JVC ARSNAL 12" inch 1000 watts sub on one my friend's car and it is quite impressive. Can u please advice me regarding going in for one or two subwoofers. The budget i have planned to change the components (3 way ) and the 4 channel amp is around 50K. I will be grateful if u could advice me with the model nos of 3way components and 4 channel amp. Is it ok if i go in for a single JVC 1000watts subwoofer?

50k is a decent budget for a good amp and components.

first you should know that going in for 3 way components is not very easy.If your installer has no experience in fibreglassing and cutting the door pads to make way for one extra speaker then this option is not adviced at all.
Note: modification in the door pads will be required.are you willing for cutting shutting?

3 way components consist of a total of 6 speakers . 2 midbass, two bass woofers and 2 tweeters.
the 2 wofers generally go into the stock location in the front door panels.The tweeters are somewhere on the dash. now the remaining 2 mid basses have to be accomodated in the door panels too for which cutting and a little fibeglassing is required for a good finish.
heres a link of some budget 3 way componets.
a brand you may find in india is HERTZ- i know the distributer.hes in delhi but hes got sub distributers in many cities.Tell me if interested

http://www.elettromedia.de/media/pdf/hertz/energy/pdf_esk163l.pdf
http://www.elettromedia.de/media/pdf/hertz/hienergy/hsk163.pdf

however if you are going to source from the US there are better brands that are cheaper too.
please do let me know from where you intend to purchase from India or Foreign?

Another downside of 3 way components is that when you want to upgrade you can only upgrade to another 3 way set otherwise you will have to fill the extra hole in the door panels.
also problem when you sell your car.
3 way is adviced only for serious ICE enthusiasts with really really good installers,
i know only people in banglore,mumbai and delhi who do such instals

This is not to dissuade you from goind 3 way . im only telling you all the pros and cons of going 3 way

Now if you are going two way(like what you have currently and like what your focal compos you have chosen), there are many brands and models you can consider.
i will list out the options later for your budget

Now for your amp
if im not mistaken that Blaupunk amp is a 50rms per channel amp.You should get a better amp.
Also i find Blaupunkt too laid back.Judging from your setup you are not laid back at all!:D
i would advice you to get a 75rms per channel amp at minimum
options given later

Now for your subs
PLeae dont go in for any JVC sub.Your dealer is pushing it because hes got it.
Unfortunatley hes pushed thelightning audio onyou too.
YOu can do much better than that.
Youve got a decent monobloc amp.
1 good subwoofer in a well designed ported box or sealed box is generally enough for regular ICE o holics however if you are really into heavy bass then 2 is better.
( as for me personally i find 2 woofers too much, they overpower my componets and i hardly hear the vocals just the dhoom dhoom!)

You are very much correct about the installation problems for the 3way components. I should agree that my installer and my hometown is not equipped for this. I dont have any friends in US so getting anything from there is ruled out. I have to source each and everything in India. Putting aside the 3way components i have decided to go in for 2 way component, is hertz better than the FOCALS. And regarding the amp can i go for POLK audio or ALPINE. I would prefer clarity over loudness. And for the subwoofer can i go for MTX 1952.

For now keep the subs.
get an amp and new componets.you should be happy.
you can think about the sub upgrade later on

now since you already have the blaupunk amp- i have a better idea !
Now the blaupunk amp is a 4 channels amp that feeding you componets and rear speakers 50rms each correct?
what i would advice is bridge 2 channels of this amp and feed just your rear speakers
in effect the 4 channel amp will act as a 2 channel amp and will feed your rear speakers more than 100-150 rms per channel! more than enough power for them!
but please tell your installer to lower the "gains" setting on this amp to about 60% of max
only downside is nowyou will need to have spave for 3 amps! youe blaupunk,a monobloc and a new 2 channel! you will also have to do wiring for this extra amp!

its your choice ,do the above or simply just sell the blaupunkt and replace it with a higher powered 4 channel amp.(thid msy be better. im always against having so many components in the car. more reasons for somethingto go wrong!)
Also no need to do wiring again then

now all you need is a 2 channel amp for your front components
in 50K you can get a new sub , front componets AND a 2 channel amp !
OR you can get really superb componets and a really superb 2 channel amp
i will give you some optons below

now 50k hmmm lets see
i can think of many brands however many may not be availble in the city you live

Amps- 4channel

JBL GTO 1004 - this is a 4 channel amp from JBL is 100rms per channel and is most popular with most ICE'ers.its also avalible everywhere. with bill and warranty and discounts it should cost you about 14-15k
JBL Car & Marine Audio

this amp is the upgrade of the legendary JBL 75.4

now the dealers may throw in exotic names like soundstream,Rockford fosgate etc etc.
beleiver me the JBL is more value for money than both of the above

another 4 channel option is a company called ground zero
heres the link
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.
for details contact hermit audio.com
it costs about 12k
ive heard this amp.its good. i know the distributer too

Another amp is the
infinity reference 475a ( its a 75 rms per cahnnel amp but vv good)
cost about 14k

and the infinity Kappa Four ( its a 125 rms amp )
cost about 15-20k)

another amp you can consider is Audison(now youre into some serious audiophile grade amps)
these amps are very good if you can afford them

they are the Audison VRx 4.30 (110rms/ch
and the Audison Lrx 4.5 (75rms/ch)
Buy whichever amps fits into your budget-both are more than enough for you

6.5 inch Components Speakers

Now the Focal access 165A retails at about 220$ in the US . it should be about 15-18k here considering duties etc.
they are good but see if you can get the Focal Polyglass 165V1 instead
they are much better and should cost only 3k INR more (US retail 280$)

JBL power series components are another choice
JBL Car & Marine Audio
should cost about 9-12k

Another option is
GZRC 16X
check here
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.

Another option is the
illusion Audio Nd 6.1 Carbon series components
Of course these are serious audiophile grade and cost 30k ( i think this will go above budget)
they are my favorite speakers
If you like loud showoff music these are not for you they are Pure SQ speakers.
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.
i know the dealer in this case too!

another option that should be availble with all JBL dealers is their premium brand Infinity
look for inifinity KAppa components 60.9cs - should cost about 12k

You are very much correct about the installation problems for the 3way components. I should agree that my installer and my hometown is not equipped for this. I dont have any friends in US so getting anything from there is ruled out. I have to source each and everything in India. Putting aside the 3way components i have decided to go in for 2 way component, is hertz better than the FOCALS. And regarding the amp can i go for POLK audio or ALPINE. I would prefer clarity over loudness. And for the subwoofer can i go for MTX 1952.

Focals are better than polk or hertz in my opinion
please see if you can get the polyglass series for a little bit more instead as i have suggested in the earlier post.
Also have a look at the otheroptions i have given you

As for amps.
the best i would say for your budget is Audison.Its a very clean amp and excellent build. i love them
For most "value for money" the JBL 1004 in unbeatable
Polk Audio and Alpine are both fine but what model and price are you getting them- depending on that i can advice further.
Just make sure they are minimum 75rms/channel

Subwoofer
MTX is also no no.
all it does is Dhoom. the bass is niether tight nor quick.
i will give you some options tomm. too tired now!
please specify budget for Sub.

thanks for the reply, i have searched for the specifications for the VR504 amp in the net an have given below for your kind perusal.
Max. power: (4ohm) 4x100 /2x300 W, (2ohm) 4x150
Freq response: 10 Hz-70.000 Hz -3dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95 dB
Input Level: 0,3-8V
High Pass: 40-250Hz
Low Pass: 40-120Hz
Bass Boost: +10dB (45Hz)
Sub Sonic Filter
Dimensions (WxHxD): 482x72x290mm

I think it gives more than 50 RMS per channel. Can i retain the amp or shall i go for the JBL GTO series. The budget for the sub is around 15-20K.Pls advice.

thanks for the reply, i have searched for the specifications for the VR504 amp in the net an have given below for your kind perusal.
Max. power: (4ohm) 4x100 /2x300 W, (2ohm) 4x150
Freq response: 10 Hz-70.000 Hz -3dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95 dB
Input Level: 0,3-8V
High Pass: 40-250Hz
Low Pass: 40-120Hz
Bass Boost: +10dB (45Hz)
Sub Sonic Filter
Dimensions (WxHxD): 482x72x290mm

I think it gives more than 50 RMS per channel. Can i retain the amp or shall i go for the JBL GTO series. The budget for the sub is around 15-20K.Pls advice.

sir
never believe websites that offer reviews or sell the product.they trick people by specifying the MAX rms value of the amp , not the nominal or the continuos rating

this is what many car audio installers and dealers do to.:mad:

see below.(this the the official user manual from blaupunkt
http://fe0wap79.bosch.de/intershoproot/files/serviceDocuments/7607792023001_BA_GB.pdf

notice page 2 - rms power @ 4 ohm.

the above amp is a 50 rms amp.
yes its a velocity series amp and must have cost you a bang, i know but i blame the installer for this!
i understand that you may want to hold onto something so expensive

@ neel
now since this is blaupunkts velocity series ( their premium range) i do believe its a good amp (however underpowered)

you have 2 choices.
see what price you are getting back for the amp.if the price is good then sell/exchange

if not i would do the following.
i would bridge both pairs of channels of the 4 channel amp so that in effect i have a 2 channel amp
in this mode ( 2 channel mode) the amp gives out 150 rms of pure clean power

now i would give these bridged outputs to my components speakers .
upfront

now i would conect my rear speakers to the Head unit directly ( as is done in cars with no amp)
there is a sound reason for doing this.as explained below-(i have done the same in my car as well)

Do you know what a front soundstage is?
let me explain in short.
the correct soundstage when listening to music is where you hear all the music coming from in front of you . As if the musicians were playing on the bonnet of your car outside your windscreen
.You can make out clearly where each muscian is i.e to the left of you ,right of you, centre etc-however all of them being in front of you
this is how you would hear music in a live concert.
to get this front sounstage ICE o holics generally have component speakers in the front.
we have no rear speakers.
instead we have a subwoofer in the boot to enhance the lower frequencies.

we add rear speakers only for the pleasure of the rear passengers (so that they have something to hear other than the sub banging away)since we hear only the components not the rears ( we dont want to hear the rears! since that will muddle the soundstage!)

if we had it our way we would design a car where even the sub fits in front too
alas theres no space for it!:eek:hyeah:

anyway if we do have rear seakers and choose to amplify them we always adjust the fader such that only the rear passengers can hear them , not us in front.otherwise it would muddle the front soundstage
hence it is a good idea to have rear speakers and connect them directly to the HU.(i.e dont amplify them) - this is what ive done in my car as well and what many others do too who have rears
here the speakers will play but you in front will not hear too much of them but your rear passengers will be satisfied too

if you do the above you can use that good ampfo yours in 2 channel mode for your compo's with ample of power on the tap!
but do remember to tell your installers to reduce the gains setting on your amp to about 60%-70%
60% of 150 is about 90 rms-which is good for any components

if you still want to amp your rears you can buy a cheap 2 channel 50 rms/channel amp for your rears.
but as i said im never in favour of having 3 amps! just too many electronics for me.
however thats me. you should decide yourself

For now why dont you buy a set of componets, bridge the channels of your blaupunkt amp and connect your rears to your HU and see.
if you like it you dont need to spend any money on a new amp!
if you dont we can then explore options from there

do tel me what you are not happy with about your subs.?
i can only advice after knowing what exactly you want.

i believe that since you have 2 subs you must be getting a lot of bass.
do you want more?:eek:

or do you want less with tighter bass (qucik beat not that prolonged dhooom)
some guys like to roll down their windows and like that loud dhak dhak and prolonged dhoom.if you like it that way ( basically hip hop music) then leave the subs as is.
make no mistake 1 sub will sound softer(some describe that as less "fun" )than two but 1 good quality sub will sound tighter and crisper.
its SQ or SPL
wht do you want?

Also your current sub box is ported (does it have a hole somwhere) or is it selaed
sometimes subs sound crap just because the box is not made according to correct specs

Sorry about the blaupunkt amp specs, i did not know about the MAX and RMS. Now i know the difference and i am clear :eek:.I will replace the front components with the FOCAL POLYGLASS 165V1 and bridge the amp as two way as you have said. I will stick on to the gain specifications too.

Can you please tell me about the crossover settings. I have set to 125Hz now , is that okay or should i change it to some other technically perfect settings.

Regarding the sub woofers i agree to what you say, it gives a lot of bass and it rolls. I dont like putting the windows down and driving , i prefer a very crisp and tighter precise bass and i dont hear lot of hiphops either. I like to listen very good orchestrated melodious music. I like the sub woofers to produce the required bass the music needs. I have replaced the enclosure with the specifications and currently i have a sealed one.
I would like to go in for subwoofer along with enclosures (company fitted) so that they are technically perfect and sounds as it is intended to do.Please advice on this regard.

I think changing the components and changing the subwoofers will make the current setup complete.

Please let me know what subwoofers can i opt for , along with the enclosures and whether i should go for single or two subwoofers.

My sincere thanks to you for taking me on the right path.:clapping:

waiting eagerly for your reply.:yahoo:

Sorry about the blaupunkt amp specs, i did not know about the MAX and RMS. Now i know the difference and i am clear :eek:.I will replace the front components with the FOCAL POLYGLASS 165V1 and bridge the amp as two way as you have said. I will stick on to the gain specifications too.

Can you please tell me about the crossover settings. I have set to 125Hz now , is that okay or should i change it to some other technically perfect settings.

Regarding the sub woofers i agree to what you say, it gives a lot of bass and it rolls. I dont like putting the windows down and driving , i prefer a very crisp and tighter precise bass and i dont hear lot of hiphops either. I like to listen very good orchestrated melodious music. I like the sub woofers to produce the required bass the music needs. I have replaced the enclosure with the specifications and currently i have a sealed one.
I would like to go in for subwoofer along with enclosures (company fitted) so that they are technically perfect and sounds as it is intended to do.Please advice on this regard.

I think changing the components and changing the subwoofers will make the current setup complete.

Please let me know what subwoofers can i opt for , along with the enclosures and whether i should go for single or two subwoofers.

My sincere thanks to you for taking me on the right path.:clapping:

waiting eagerly for your reply.:yahoo:

neels
set crossover at 80hz on the head unit, no need to set it so high at 125.
you might be loosing out some frequencies that these components can produce , specially 6 inchers

next
though the focals are a good . i hope you have heard them and liked them and not just buying them on advice.
i say this because i know the focal polyglass are expensive components, many people do not find it value for money for this reason.
I know a friend who actually sold his focal polyglass set and bought the electra series components ( costing just 6k) from illusion audio and was happier with them!

if they are anywhere above 18k please do get back to me. im sure there are better options for that kind of money

in delhi the focal polyglass 165V1 sell at 11k with bill warranty
what is the price you have been offered.?
also what was the price you got for the focal access ?

At this price i can think of only two good components
ID CXS 6inch compos or CTx65CS and Rainbow Audio SLX 265 d lux ( both are 12k)
ID rainbow audio makes amazing compnents too!
you shoudl see if you can source them i think they might be better than the focals,especially the rainbows

also note somethin important:
there are a lot of Fake Focals in the market: please make sure your dealer is authorised!

i would suggest you have a look at the Infinity kappa prices
the illusion audio carbon series are one of the best ive heard.of course they cost a bomb.

now
i have not checked your mono amp specs
if its 1 ohm stable i would definetely advice you to go for one single dual 2 ohm sub woofer
you can decide if you want a sealed enclosure or a ported

i will check on your amp and give you some option tomm.

however in your budget i would love to see and ID sub.
but if you want a readymade sub in a factory box you can only look at infinity or JBL

@magma, thanks for the reply, if i set the HU to 80Hz what will it do, will it allow frequencies within 80Hz or obove 80Hz. I always had this doubt regarding setting the Hz in the headunit and the amplifier HPF settings. Can u please explain how to set the optimum HPF settings in the amp.The Monoblock i have is ALPINE MRD1005 DIGITAL 1000 watts MONOBLOCK V12 SERIES. If you think ID subs are a better i dont have any problem in installing it. We can work out about the enclosure size and ported or sealed later. I searched for rainbow speakers on the net and i could not locate the dealer. If it is available in India please let me know. I contacted KAMAL DHINGREJA of Preeti Trading Corporation over email and he reverted me with the pricing of FOCALS A1 as 16K. I have sent a mail yesterday asking the price details of V1 Polyglass as well.I think he is the distributor of FOCAL and he gives it with warranty.I dont mind getting it in the grey market provided it is from reliable sources. 20K budget for components is ok with me. If you suggest rainbow or ID or ILLUSION over Focals i have absolutely no problem in going for that. The main hitch is those speakers are not available in my town and not even in chennai. I have to source it either from mumbai or US. As i have told earlier i dont have any contacts in US. I have been trying to buy kenwood ip300V ipod interface for my HU for a long time. Since it is not available in India i could not get them till now. Can you please suggest me any sources regarding kenwood ip300V.

@magma, thanks for the reply, if i set the HU to 80Hz what will it do, will it allow frequencies within 80Hz or obove 80Hz. I always had this doubt regarding setting the Hz in the headunit and the amplifier HPF settings. Can u please explain how to set the optimum HPF settings in the amp.The Monoblock i have is ALPINE MRD1005 DIGITAL 1000 watts MONOBLOCK V12 SERIES. If you think ID subs are a better i dont have any problem in installing it. We can work out about the enclosure size and ported or sealed later. I searched for rainbow speakers on the net and i could not locate the dealer. If it is available in India please let me know. I contacted KAMAL DHINGREJA of Preeti Trading Corporation over email and he reverted me with the pricing of FOCALS A1 as 16K. I have sent a mail yesterday asking the price details of V1 Polyglass as well.I think he is the distributor of FOCAL and he gives it with warranty.I dont mind getting it in the grey market provided it is from reliable sources. 20K budget for components is ok with me. If you suggest rainbow or ID or ILLUSION over Focals i have absolutely no problem in going for that. The main hitch is those speakers are not available in my town and not even in chennai. I have to source it either from mumbai or US. As i have told earlier i dont have any contacts in US. I have been trying to buy kenwood ip300V ipod interface for my HU for a long time. Since it is not available in India i could not get them till now. Can you please suggest me any sources regarding kenwood ip300V.

set the HPF cut off on your HU to 80Hz. this should allow all your compo to play all frequencies above 80hz
set the LPF to off position on the HU
intead adjust this LPF to 100 hz on your monoblock amp. this setting will allow your sub to play all frequencies below 100 hz.
in this way you will have all frequencies playing in your car with a small overlap.
your installer doesnt knowabout this?

neel
the ID and rainbow speakers and subs are availble in india.you dont need to source anything from the US
also the focal access A1 seems pretty high at 16k
as i said focal polyglass are availble for only 10k here in mumbai!

if you really are interested you should source these speakers from mumbai.!
you will save money.
try to ask for discounts and see how much you are getting the focals for in your city.

Also i will soon give you the contact of a the rainbow and ID master distributer in India.
hi name in gunbir . hes a good fellow.and will never give you a fake or a usd piece.

now whether you should choose a rainbow, ID or focal ...hmm thats a tough decision because its what you like.unfortunatel you cannot audition them and i would hate to advice someone on what i like and what i think they should have. as you know music is subjective.

please do give me your final budget split
compos budget ?
Subwoofer budget ? ( do you want one sub or two?)

also subs.what do you intend to do with your current dual lightning audio
we need to think about that cause you might get back money for them from your installer- but then we will have to buy stuff from him in exchange!
find out how much hes willing to give you.well then see if its worth it

if you want any other ICE stuff please specify budget.

give me 2 days ill give you the best options
then we will see if you can audition any of these speakers in your city after i speak to some distributer friends

Hey! Nice going man, Glad to have an active team-bhp ice addict helping people out here with some really good advice.:clapping:

IMO & the kind of music neels listen to he is better of with rainbows or Illsuion audio & may be genesis audiophile A16 series 3 spk which are i guess arnd 30k.
For the woofer he should def look at the genesis audiophile 30.01 in a sealed enclosure which should be arnd 35k.

The distributors for Rainbow, ID, Genesis, TRu tech are based in delhi.
For illusion,GZ, steg the distributor is based in mumbai
Magama may have the contact details if not then I can chip in.

All the best
Cheers

The budget for components would be anywhere between 15 to 20K (can be extended to +3K) and 20K for sub woofers , i prefer two sub woofers over one.

The budget for components would be anywhere between 15 to 20K (can be extended to +3K) and 20K for sub woofers , i prefer two sub woofers over one.

is your budget 20k for 1 sub or two?

your amp if its this one
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRDM105/Alpine-MRD-M1005.html?tp=115&tab=features_and_specs
then its a 2 ohm stable amp that deleivers 1000w at 2 ohms and 700 rms at 4 ohms

if its for one sub then i think you should get and Idq v2 which should cost about 20k( i will confirm later)
i will find you a 2 ohm stable IDQ sub later on so you can make the most of your amp

if the budget for 2 subs is 20k then look no further than
GZ 12 XS AL (not the 12 XD AL)
http://www.hermitaudio.com/ground_zero.htm
(each woofer mrp is about 12k but you might get dicount a bit)
this is a 4 ohm voice coil woofer.

now when you use 2 of these woofers in parallel in this way you will get a total of 2 ohm impedeance!
this will help you to get max power out of your monobloc amp! ie 1000W !
now since each sub is rated 500rms this combo wired in parallel ( not series!) will be a perfect match for your amp

when using a monoblock always make the most of such an amp by giving it a 1 ohm/2ohm load (whichever least load its rated for-in your case its 2 ohms)because then you will extract max power from it.
( in your current setup i think your installer has used the lightning audio sub which is a single voice coil 4 ohm sub. Hopefully hes connected the subs in parallel and not in seires ( if hes connected in series hes an absolute iditot!)
now in parallel you get a total 2 ohm impedence since these subs i think are single voice coiled.
so in effect you are using amp power at only 2 ohms

Last edited:

Why 2 subs?

In your bugdget genesis & illusion carbon is out of the question.
Hence for components you can look at rainbow SLC265.25 (22K)/SLG265 F3 Kick(15K)
or illusion audio lucent series
& woofers you can choose form Image Dynamics ID12V3D4 (14K)
Rainbow Hammer12(16k)
or Ground Zero as mentioned by magma.
All the best
Cheers

neels
components and the ID subs suggested above by neo are great
please do consider them

i have also posted on another forum your requiremnts to see if certain seniors who i know have other options

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back