FOSTEX Full Range Speakers

I have access to what I think is one of the best woodworking factories in India. What I lack is the motivation to go all that might need to be done.

Sujit,

On a different note, I am looking at a progressive woodworking company to see if I could work with them to design and mass manufacture some AV racks that could be sold inexpensively across the country. I am looking at simple 3 and 4 shelves racks in the beginning.

How well do you know this company? Can you talk to the management and see if they would be interested?

I am also looking at MDF plus three steel legs type, but somehow I have a fascination for full wood based racks.

Cheers

Speaking about Fostex, I built a pair of speaker boxes based on their enclosure design. But no fostex drivers. I used a pair of 4" car speakers. So audiophiles may not feel good about this. For those who are interested in reading about can go through this link I posted in Team-bhp.

:)

The outcome was not outstanding in terms of quality, but good to hear for casual listener. Good bass from a 4" 2 way driver. I am okay with it. May be for next project - I will go for more budget, better woodwork, speakers and amps.

Hi Folks

Had an opportunity to hear a Fostex Full range speaker in a horn loaded transmission line arrangement! Was completely blown away !

Anyone with any experience with these fullrange speakers?

Hi I grow up listening in fullrange cosmic covox 5000 and lab 3000 amp ..
theses days my friends keep playing music in there compact modern systems ..
nothing wud touch me more then wat i used to get the feel... vote for fullrange only fullrange :)

Hello,

Just looking at some forums, people are telling that, on Fostex speakers like fe126en etc they are finding some harsh spikes in frequency response at higher frequencies around 7KHz or so, causing fatigue for longer listening.
Is it a general observation of these fostex drives or problem with that particular speaker?
Also what enclosure did you used or seen those good sounding Fostex speakers and what was the model number?

thanks and regards
S Sarath

Hello,

Just looking at some forums, people are telling that, on Fostex speakers like fe126en etc they are finding some harsh spikes in frequency response at higher frequencies around 7KHz or so, causing fatigue for longer listening.
Is it a general observation of these fostex drives or problem with that particular speaker?
Also what enclosure did you used or seen those good sounding Fostex speakers and what was the model number?

thanks and regards
S Sarath

Hi Sarath, I am using vintage Akai - Transmission Line (Larybinth design)speaker enclosures. Akai used the full range drivers of 4" Fostex fe103 in that. They are connected with the vintage Akai stereo receiver. The sound is good. But if it is connected with a tube amplifier, the sound will be divine.
Cheers.
sunder.

Hi Sarath, I am using vintage Akai - Transmission Line (Larybinth design)speaker enclosures. Akai used the full range drivers of 4" Fostex fe103 in that. They are connected with the vintage Akai stereo receiver. The sound is good. But if it is connected with a tube amplifier, the sound will be divine.
Cheers.
sunder.
What sis model no?
By any chance Akai Jet Stream SW 30??

Akai SW-30 Manual - Jet Stream Loudspeaker System - HiFi Engine

I am using these with miniwatt tube amp

By the way are those drivers really fostex?

Hi I grow up listening in fullrange cosmic covox 5000 and lab 3000 amp ..
theses days my friends keep playing music in there compact modern systems ..
nothing wud touch me more then wat i used to get the feel... vote for fullrange only fullrange :)

:eek:hyeah:Yeah I too completely agree with u but not Horns thou Cosmic Covox-5000 came with a Lightning Quick Exotic 5 Ohm 101 dB 2 way Mechanically Crossovered 10" Fullrange drivers in a Well Designed & Built TL's :)

Cheers.
sunder.

Hi Sunder its true & nice to know that you have the Grand father of Cosmic TL's:clapping:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back