Fostex t50rp mk3 shipping to India from USA

I have never heard the X2 so dont know, but i agree on the value of the 9500, i got mine for 59.99 usd delivered, so well i can live with the less sub bass on them. The fostex i have had only for two weeks plus i am traveling and they dont like portable amps. I will be able to give you an update in a month once I am back home. Initial impressions are they are really really good but inneficient. Although now i am thinking should i have gone with the open one, also even though i dont want to buy but would want to listen to the closed one as well. :p

X2 can do better bass and has wider soundstage,but shp 9500 have better mids.So you are no missing out on much.Fostex can be easily powered by Fiio e12 amplifier btw.

X2 can do better bass and has wider soundstage,but shp 9500 have better mids.So you are no missing out on much.Fostex can be easily powered by Fiio e12 amplifier btw.

Ha ha ha fiio e12(880 mW 32 ?)has a lot more powerful than my q1 (190 mW 32 ?). Maybe i should get a e12 as well :D, you just gave me another reason to spend more money. :clapping:

Ha ha ha fiio e12(880 mW 32 ?)has a lot more powerful than my q1 (190 mW 32 ?). Maybe i should get a e12 as well :D, you just gave me another reason to spend more money. :clapping:

You seem to be interested in speakers too like me,never ending search for high quality audio is a curse i guess

Mine arrived today. I had bought them some 6 weeks back from an online store (B and H) and were shipped to my US-based friend.

The USPS (normal service without tracking) was used for delivery to India. It charged $22 for the service and took took almost 3 weeks to deliver. No custom duty was charged here as my friend had opened and used the HP for a day. In the declaration form, he had declared it as used HP.

Till yesterday, I was wondering whether my packet has been lost in transit. I think their service is erratic as I have got parcels via same service within 7-10 working days in the past. Like India Post, there is a delay in delivery but USPS delivers.

My initial observation: These HPs require adequate power which my Motorola HP/Samsung Tab2 is not sufficient to provide. But these HPs sound fantastic via Asus Essence One Dac/Amp.

More observations later.

Mine arrived today. I had bought them some 6 weeks back from an online store (B and H) and were shipped to my US-based friend.

The USPS (normal service without tracking) was used for delivery to India. It charged $22 for the service and took took almost 3 weeks to deliver. No custom duty was charged here as my friend had opened and used the HP for a day. In the declaration form, he had declared it as used HP.

Till yesterday, I was wondering whether my packet has been lost in transit. I think their service is erratic as I have got parcels via same service within 7-10 working days in the past. Like India Post, there is a delay in delivery but USPS delivers.

My initial observation: These HPs require adequate power which my Motorola HP/Samsung Tab2 is not sufficient to provide. But these HPs sound fantastic via Asus Essence One Dac/Amp.

More observations later.

USPS is always a risk,how do you find the comfort?does it require better earpads?

I used the First Class service of USPS. Next time, I may try the one with tracking facility.

Today I have used these HPs for almost 2 hours continuously and didn't feel any discomfort despite the fact that these are brand new, stock pads are not thick and I wear glasses.

Based on my today's experience, I do not feel the need for change stock pads as far as comfort level is concerned. But in case the replacement pads are cheaply and easily available in India, I won't hesitate to try them.

Would you recommend any particular pads?

I used the First Class service of USPS. Next time, I may try the one with tracking facility.

Today I have used these HPs for almost 2 hours continuously and didn't feel any discomfort despite the fact that these are brand new, stock pads are not thick and I wear glasses.

Based on my today's experience, I do not feel the need for change stock pads as far as comfort level is concerned. But in case the replacement pads are cheaply and easily available in India, I won't hesitate to try them.

Would you recommend any particular pads?
Most of the pads available will ruin the sound,shure 1540 pads are recommended for fostex online,I suggest you use the current pads for now

I received Shure pads today. They are thicker and harder than the stock ones but I am not sure whether they have impacted sound quality in any manner.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back