Fountain Pen enthusiasts...Raise your stained fingers :-)

Once upon a time there use to be pen pals/friends .
Present day communication is mostly through mouse and keyboard...
Future may be holograms in the air like Minority report :)

Fountain pen era was a beautiful one.

Last edited:
Digital learning is flowing down to the youngest of kids very rapidly. My fear is they wont see the need to write at all. The semi-rural and rural areas may still resort to writing to learn.

The pens that we all own an especially fountain pens will all be museum pieces soon, just like the hammer and chisel.

What say you all ?
True. I don't even have a cheque book as it's all digital transaction. I am also reluctantly switching to Electronic Medical Records in my workplace. I don't even type. Just yak info my phone and voice recognition software does the rest (Homegrown AI based Augnito. Far better than Dragon).
Kids type faster than they can write with a pen. It's going to be over in another 10 years.
But fountain pens are lovely, and they will stick around. May even see a resurgence like vinyls. Who knows.

But fountain pens are lovely, and they will stick around. May even see a resurgence like vinyls. Who knows.
Loved that line but yeah, at one time it was all fountain pens and now i see folks using Stylus and tablets with documents on the cloud which can be accessed from any device.
The pens that we all own an especially fountain pens will all be museum pieces soon, just like the hammer and chisel.

What say you all ?
Personally the feeling of pen on paper is something the tablets have not yet managed. But again from reading physical books, today the kindle has changed so may reading habits hence that may also happen.

The only place I use a pen today is taking meeting notes at work...lets see how far that goes :)

The only place I use a pen today is taking meeting notes at work...lets see how far that goes :)
Yeah, me too. But I am known at work with my notebook/diary for using it uniquely and have managed to convert a few to write and use fountain pens and to make it interesting we share different coloured inks as well. And not to forget, we never talk pen costs between ourselves to ensure people are comfortable buying and writing with pens they are comfortable with value-wise. I myself use an 800/- pilot tank student pen the most of the time as it is super comfortable for me.

I write my meeting notes on pages front to back and my todo/followup points are written back to front(last page is the starting page). Both meet up somewhere along the line and the diary is used to the fullest with all that I need in one book. There are times I am called upon by colleagues to recap old meeting notes and points people have forgotten or intentionally missed out.😉

Try it out, its fun.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back