frankmehta goes Speaker shopping! A few honest auditions.

congrats frank... andhope you enjoy them for long time...

i'd really like to know which other combinations did you consider... like a top 5 list.

Thanks.

Sorry for not replying to the earlier posts. Will do so at leisure.
Any more suggestions for GOOD bookshelves???? Something that equally good matching center channel?

congrats FRANK
as a long time deftech bipolar user my 2 pennies;
plus points- full range sound,unfussy ,nice air and space around instruments, great bass slam, non fatiguing, good customer service.
minus-placement sensitive, slightly recessed treble and most of all sounds best with good amplification
though i have demoed very few deftech subsats, but i think the brand carries the same technology across the board for the house sound.
essentially a brand which gives you reasonable doses of the whole spectrum at reasonable prices.
JUST ONE CAUTION-GET THE BEST AMPLIFICATION YOU CAN AFFORD-THE RATED SPEAKER SENSITIVITIES AND IMPEDANCE IS HOGWASH-GIVE GOOD,CLEAN POWER AND THEY SING.
HIMADRI

^^
frank is not buying the def techs anymore
He has shifted his intrest to another popular speaker(bookshelf) here at hifivision

i think it is a better decesion

frank will later reveal his choice

If i had 50 k for a subwoofer (not more) and I asked for a sub that would go LOW, LOUD and FAST at the same time, and then at times disappear with the music, only bolstering the lows, what would you choose???? Please suggest soon.

If i had 50 k for a subwoofer (not more) and I asked for a sub that would go LOW, LOUD and FAST at the same time, and then at times disappear with the music, only bolstering the lows, what would you choose???? Please suggest soon.

velodyne would not be a bad choice
but the supercube is very good as well

Going by general reviews HSU VTF2 MK3 would be quite good.

Have heard the Velodyne CHT15 and it was very good.

Both are in the 50k range.

BK subwoofers they are OEM for rel also but sell at cheaper prices since they are factory direct from uk.

All previous auditions went totally bust when I realized I heard THE ONE.

And about the sub.
Believe me, you guys. You will be SHOCKED. Astounded. Shaken.

That's a guarantee.

PS: Still within my budget :p (well, almost!)

More from me, very soon. Watch this thread for some exciting stuff :)

wow

seems ou are not even getting what i thought you were now

you found the "one" couple of times now and yet you found a new "the one"
youre gonna have a tough time deciding on a wife!

This is getting interesting! Frank, we are all waiting to see what speakers have actually blown you away after all that you have auditioned.

Frank,

we are all waiting so stop auditioning reveal the new new one and then continue ur audition to find the latest new one :D

Cant stand this suspense

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back