Free AVCHD Editing Software for Sony HD Camcorder.

deba

Dear All,

Kindly let me know whether there are any FREE AVCHD Editing Software for Windows XP / 7 which can edit and master m2ts files created by the Sony Handycam HDR-CX150E.

The Camcorder Video quality is remarkable but it came with a PMB Software which cannot edit the AVCHD (m2ts) File except setting the IN and OUT Points.

Any reply or link to such software will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I think Windows Live Movie Maker supports editing of AVCHD files. It is available for Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is the only thing that I found that is available for free.

There is also Blender which supports AVCHD but Blender is used mostly for 3D animation.

What kind of video editing are you planning to do? Is it only basic editing such as creating DVD chapters, introducing music / editing sound, cover art etc?

I think Windows Live Movie Maker supports editing of AVCHD files. It is available for Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is the only thing that I found that is available for free.

There is also Blender which supports AVCHD but Blender is used mostly for 3D animation.

What kind of video editing are you planning to do? Is it only basic editing such as creating DVD chapters, introducing music / editing sound, cover art etc?

I am looking for a free software which can delete unwanted scenes from avchd (m2ts) files and add some background music and basic text and menu.
Nothing more, no professional / complex editing is required.
In addition it will be good if the software can burn the AVCHD DVD Disc.

I haven't tried any of the Linux video editing packages yet, but something like this looks pretty comprehensive.

Pitivi

Whilst I have now moved to Linux for almost all my computer work (hey: Firefox, Thunderbird, GoogleEarth... most of the time I hardly notice the difference!) dual boot setup with Windows is a breeze with Ubuntu: no need to throw away your Windows programs.

VirtualDubMod Mother of all free video editing softwares......but it needs loads of tools and practive, learning curve is high but it worth the effort.......

Windows Live Movie Maker only exports in WMV Format so cannot make AVCHD DVD with it.
Multi AVCHD will only convert and join AVCHD File but not edit.

Got it !! Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 can import edit and master AVCHD File (m2ts) from Sony Handycam.
Its a powerful software.

Got it !! Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 can import edit and master AVCHD File (m2ts) from Sony Handycam.
Its a powerful software.

But that's not free. I believe it's around 40. I have it on my PC and it's very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a powerful software.

As Teaky said that not free .... else would have suggested you loads of awsome tools/sw that can do wonders with editing......

Yes Sony Vegas is not free but its a good software. Got a demo from a friend of mine.
Still looking for a free software, but if I dont get any free software then will have to buy the Sony Vegas.
Please suggest any free software.

Thanks.

As I said virtualDubMod is one of the best out there. Google it and you will know its power......though as I mentioned the learning curve to master this tool is high....

As I said virtualDubMod is one of the best out there. Google it and you will know its power......though as I mentioned the learning curve to master this tool is high....

Thanks but can you provide me a correct link for virtual dubmod because there are so many results from Google Search.Some are not even working.

Back