Free to download CD for Burn-in

gryph0n

I've noticed many on the forum searching for music/cd's they could use to burn in speakers. I've been using the Bink Audio Test CD for burning-in my headphones, and I think it might be useful for others on this forum too.

Its free to download from the URL below (http://binkster.net/extras.shtml):
Michael Knowles: Extras

You'd want to download the full CD at the link "DOWNLOAD FULL CD - 423 MB". Its a zip of 59 tracks in WAV, that expands into ~600 MB, and can be burnt into an Audio CD. There are various frequency tones, sweeps, white noise, pink noise, and even digital silence to give a rest to the speakers :D. The track list is downloadable on the same page.

I do wonder why Mr. Michael "Bink" Knowles didn't convert these to FLAC. After converting the original WAVs to FLAC, I get a size of around ~200 MB :lol: Its a great example how a specialized algorithm (FLAC compression) can often beat a generic algorithm (ZIP "deflate" compression).

Warning - i was connected to a ransom ware web site when i clicked the link. Had to quickly do a system restore to a previous restore point to save the pc. May have nothing to do with the original post, but just thought i would post a warning. Chris

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back