From a soundbar to an all-Seaton Atmos setup

Black velvet curtains on both sidewalls to help with reflections for video. The curtains are on motorised tracks powered by Somfy.

Blackout material stitched to the back of the curtain on the left sidewall to help with ambient light due to the presence of a door and a window.

Many thanks to Tuhin Lavania for the inspiration (and recommendation for curtain material) to finally get off my lazy behind and get this done.

Still a ways to go to optimise the room for video, but this was a big step in the right direction.

left_sidewall_curtain.jpegright_sidewall_curtain.jpeg

Black velvet curtains on both sidewalls to help with reflections for video. The curtains are on motorised tracks powered by Somfy.

Blackout material stitched to the back of the curtain on the left sidewall to help with ambient light due to the presence of a door and a window.

Many thanks to Tuhin Lavania for the inspiration (and recommendation for curtain material) to finally get off my lazy behind and get this done.

Still a ways to go to optimise the room for video, but this was a big step in the right direction.
The next time I'm in Chennai, I'm coming over to watch Mad Max 2 (my all time favorite flick) on your rig!

What about those 2 air conditioners ;) - Any plans to black it out ?

Looks great.

Thank you.

How do u plan to watch 16:9 or 1.85:1 content ? any plans to mask vertical black bars on the sides ?

No plans to mask for non-scope content currently. I have the madVR Envy for video processing. Between its Aspect Ratio Management and Black Bar Detection and Non Linear Stretch, one can get an image that completely fills the screen at all times, if one so chooses.

Not completely configured yet, but here's an example of how cricket in 16:9 looks when stretched all the way out to fill my scope screen. I didn't anticipate that I'd like the distortion of the original AR, but this isn't half bad. Also watched a show on Netflix using the Envy's NLS+, and except for one scene with really fast panning where my eyes seemed to struggle to keep up, it was pretty decent. Need more viewing to form a firm opinion one way or another, but so far, so good. Apologies for the poor quality of the video shot with my phone, but the goal was to provide an idea what NLS on the Envy looks like.

Not one for the purists, this. For folks willing to experiment with the seemingly infinite custom zoom possibilities for the myriad types of non-scope AR and see if they like what this brings to the table, potential surprises await.

Last edited:
^ thanks a lot that was great detailed response Liverpool for life.

As you rightfully pointed out the mad vr nls options are not for purists but good to know a really intelligent option exists for ppl who don't want variable screen

Just wondering... which wud have been a cheaper, rather more efficient option- the one you have or a setup with a mask-able screen - either a 16:9 screen with vertical manual/ motor-able mask or scope 2.40:1 screen like urs with horizontal manual/motor-able mask

[...]for ppl who don't want variable screen

Not a question of not wanting in my case. More to do with being able to afford/justify it. I was already well beyond the limit of what I wanted to spend on a screen thanks to the decision to go for a retractable and didn't want, ahem, any more "temptation" :)

Just wondering... which wud have been a cheaper, rather more efficient option- the one you have or a setup with a mask-able screen - either a 16:9 screen with vertical manual/ motor-able mask or scope 2.40:1 screen like urs with horizontal manual/motor-able mask

I didn't ask about the pricing for masking on the Stewart, but I expect that it'd have been far cheaper than the Envy. Of course, the Envy does a whole lot more (dynamic tone mapping for HDR, upscaling, AR management, aforementioned NLS+ and other stuff along with more to come in the future), so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going overboard with the purchase of the Stewart screen, but not quite this literally...

View attachment 65227
Thank God ,u didn't hire a Crane :p .Enjoy the Video immersion.Time to visit for one more round.
Wish your Dream of having Kaladeiscape will become true in 2022..;)

Thank God ,u didn't hire a Crane :p .

Heh. Had a guy from a hauling service visit to take a look. He said no. Thankfully, the TCI guys themselves did it. Barely, but they did.

Time to visit for one more round.

Sure, Rajith. Once the calibration of my projector is done. My visit to your HT is pending, though. Will coordinate.

Wish your Dream of having Kaladeiscape will become true in 2022..;)

Given how much Netflix and Apple TV+ original programming we watch, the value of a Kaleidescape to me will go up quite a bit if they can onboard the streaming services. Otherwise, it still feels too expensive for my habits, even if the Stewart screen is neutral enough for me to see source artifacts in all their glory. This hobby, I tell you...

Sure I see the sound quality of OTT has been improved a lot...hope they will bring nearest best quality of physical media in near future.
Heh. Had a guy from a hauling service visit to take a look. He said no. Thankfully, the TCI guys themselves did it. Barely, but they did.

Sure, Rajith. Once the calibration of my projector is done. My visit to your HT is pending, though. Will coordinate.

Given how much Netflix and Apple TV+ original programming we watch, the value of a Kaleidescape to me will go up quite a bit if they can onboard the streaming services. Otherwise, it still feels too expensive for my habits, even if the Stewart screen is neutral enough for me to see source artifacts in all their glory. This hobby, I tell you...

I am not sure how I missed this thread. Spent a good part of the morning, going through this nearly 5 year thread :)

Excellent Work and nice to see such dedication and passion to building a really classy Home theater and music space.

Back