From Europe with Flair | My Stereo story

Nice. I highly doubt there is a better player with digital out than digione signature especially for the same money. Do try different coax cables, all sound different and affect to great extent.

Yep! Will soon be upgrading from the current Acoustic Research Coax cable. Also trying to get some Isolation material in

Few Upgrades:

From basic AR Coax cable to VDH First Metal Screen

Observations spotted:
Instant smoothing of Mids and Highs, Sound has became very well mannered, without losing any detail. No big difference in low end, but in certain songs i could feel the peakiness toned down. Overall a great upgrade resulting in an enjoyable yet sophisticated sound .

Couple of pics

20190925_204441-2016x1512.jpg

20190925_204535_HDR-1512x2016.jpg

Another upgrade which is a very under rated area of Sound Quality - Isolation.

Frankly, Isolation was the last thing on my mind when i started this Journey an year back, Infact i wouldn't be lying if i say that i started to search for isolation related items only couple of months before ! While i was convinced that i need isolation, i was confused on what sort of approach to take towards isolation.
Isolated HiFi racks vs Stand alone Isolation products

My speakers stands do have basic level isolation in form of Spike, so i was not sure if adding another layer over it would rake in any benefits.

I should thank @newlash09 for his detailed response towards my naive questions on Isolation. Finally ended up picking up the following

Isoacoustics Isopuck
Isoacoustics GAIA III

Fixed up the GAIA III onto my speaker stands (removed the Stock spikes it came with) and Just placed my Power Amp on 4 Isopucks. I could have tried it on the DAC as well, but another plan is underway for that! (we'll get to that when time comes).

Observations: Mind Blown x 20 times !!
Seriously never expected such a massive difference in the way sound changed. The Bass firstly became very lean, while i was worried for few minutes, playing on revealed the true nature. The Bass sounds just the way it should, till date it was being bloated by my in-Room Acoustics ! The Imaging went deeper and some of the higher end frequencies just feel surreal. The End notes of wind instruments just extend a tad bit more resulting in an extremely realistic and life like sound. The mid range is totally alive and i am hearing lot of nuances here and there.

This entire thing set me back by 22k but seriously worth every paise spent !

Few lollies for your eyes now;

20190925_182445-1512x2016~2.jpg

20190925_182430_HDR-2016x1512.jpg

20190925_182420_HDR-2016x1512.jpg

20190925_204547_HDR-2016x1512.jpg

20190925_204603_HDR-2016x1512.jpg

Last edited:
For the Naim, did you try placing the new isolators directly touching the cabinet i.e. not below the factory footers

"This entire thing set me back by 22k but seriously worth every paise spent !"

How did you source the product ?
Did you use 4 nos for each speaker ?

Frankly, Isolation was the last thing on my mind when i started this Journey an year back, Infact i wouldn't be lying if i say that i started to search for isolation related items only couple of months before ! While i was convinced that i need isolation, i was confused on what sort of approach to take towards isolation.

My speakers stands do have basic level isolation in form of Spike, so i was not sure if adding another layer over it would rake in any benefits.

I should thank @newlash09 for his detailed response towards my naive questions on Isolation. Finally ended up picking up the following

Isoacoustics Isopuck
Isoacoustics GAIA III

Fixed up the GAIA III onto my speaker stands (removed the Stock spikes it came with) and Just placed my Power Amp on 4 Isopucks. I could have tried it on the DAC as well, but another plan is underway for that! (we'll get to that when time comes).

Seriously never expected such a massive difference in the way sound changed. The Bass firstly became very lean, while i was worried for few minutes, playing on revealed the true nature. The Bass sounds just the way it should, till date it was being bloated by my in-Room Acoustics ! The Imaging went deeper and some of the higher end frequencies just feel surreal. The End notes of wind instruments just extend a tad bit more resulting in an extremely realistic and life like sound. The mid range is totally alive and i am hearing lot of nuances here and there.

View attachment 39434

View attachment 39435

View attachment 39436

View attachment 39437

View attachment 39438

Hi Mi_10 :)

Really glad to know that you gave those isoacoustics a shot. And happier to know they gave you wider improvements that you were seeking.

Iam quiet sure you must have followed the mounting instructions provided in the manual. But just to be on the safer side, thought I'd just remind that all the gaia3 's need to placed with the isoacoustics logo either facing directly ahead of directly back. Having them facing in any other direction, will reduce their effectiveness. Just a reminder if you haven't already ensured that. All the best...and hearty congratulations again :)

"This entire thing set me back by 22k but seriously worth every paise spent !"

How did you source the product ?
Did you use 4 nos for each speaker ?

So i got one set ( has 4 pcs) of Gaia III (~200$) and two sets (has 2 pcs in one set) (~120$) of Isopucks. Got these hand carried by my sister

My Stands are spiked at 3 places hence i have used two of them in front and the third one on Spike at a slightly leaned back angle.

Planning to order another set to give it a complete Gaia treatment.

For the Naim, did you try placing the new isolators directly touching the cabinet i.e. not below the factory footers

Will try over the weekend. But the Space remaining after the factory spike is very small in the naim. Lets me see how it sounds

Iam quiet sure you must have followed the mounting instructions provided in the manual. But just to be on the safer side, thought I'd just remind that all the gaia3 's need to placed with the isoacoustics logo either facing directly ahead of directly back. Having them facing in any other direction, will reduce their effectiveness. Just a reminder if you haven't already ensured that. All the best...and hearty congratulations again :)

Yeah i saw the note, but i was (still) skeptical how logo facing directly can impact. But will try it out in proper fashion over this weekend. Thanks Buddy

Is there a sonic reason why the logo should be pointed to the listener ?

Why ?

This is what i found on their site

"The IsoAcoustics patented isolators are directional. They are biased to keep the energy in alignment with the listening position while resisting lateral movements"

I will however test this and report if it makes any audible difference

let us know - i am a bit skeptic about the directional thing
If roads and thoughts can have a direction, why not a simple device..;) ( jsut kidding !)

If it does have a vibration draining design like cones etc, it can have a direction as a the direction of the cone does affect sound.

If roads and thoughts can have a direction, why not a simple device..;) ( jsut kidding !)

If it does have a vibration draining design like cones etc, it can have a direction as a the direction of the cone does affect sound.

It's not a cone AFAIK

Few minor changes and tweaks to the system.

• First is got a proper mono floating rack
  • Secondly as @rikhav suggested had the DAC and Amp put on the isoacoustics directly to the chasis
  • Thirdly, changed the isoacoustics logo all facing front (for both gaia III and the isopucks)

Overall sound seems to have surely improved . very specifically the midrange and upper midbass regions seems to have little more authority. They seem distinct and doesnt get muddled up with other freq ranges. But surely it is an incremental upgrade and not a substantial one.

The above observation is combination of all three points listed. Specifically for point 3, I personally couldnt differentiate the isoacoustics logo facing us change (I did a seperate hearing test for these) .

Some pics

20190930_214546_HDR-2016x1512~2.jpg

20190930_214602_HDR-2016x1512~2.jpg

20190930_214639_HDR-2016x1512~2.jpg

20190930_214613-2016x1512~2.jpg

Oh, man Praveen,

Thanks for inviting me to your place, otherwise I would not have known that a fairly budget system sounds this awesome. Whatever this man has stated so far is very true. Believe me, he has not even treated his room, all bare walls around but still every song we played sounded so awesome, so lively and that dynamics at the low end were extremely well detailed. Be it a percussion, flute, guitars and vocal everything was well rounded and controlled. I could not believe the low-end punch from the small bookshelves. Overall, I find the system sounded like a real Orchestra.

So impressed with the outcomes of the isolations, I am looking forward to following the same in my system as well :)

Isoacoustics Isopuck
Isoacoustics GAIA III

View attachment 39434

View attachment 39435

View attachment 39436

View attachment 39437

View attachment 39438
Hi,

I also use the Gaia III. I think in the instructions they say that the logo of all the footers should point in the same direction (i.e. forward). Have you tried that? It is a bit of a pain to get them all aligned in the same direction, but I use them this way.

Hi,

I also use the Gaia III. I think in the instructions they say that the logo of all the footers should point in the same direction (i.e. forward). Have you tried that? It is a bit of a pain to get them all aligned in the same direction, but I use them this way.

request you to kindly put up a few pics of your system

would like to see it

Thanks & regards

Oh, man Praveen,

Thanks for inviting me to your place, otherwise I would not have known that a fairly budget system sounds this awesome. Whatever this man has stated so far is very true. Believe me, he has not even treated his room, all bare walls around but still every song we played sounded so awesome, so lively and that dynamics at the low end were extremely well detailed. Be it a percussion, flute, guitars and vocal everything was well rounded and controlled. I could not believe the low-end punch from the small bookshelves. Overall, I find the system sounded like a real Orchestra.

So impressed with the outcomes of the isolations, I am looking forward to following the same in my system as well :)

Thanks a lot for visiting my home. I am very elated to know you enjoyed the sound. It is been a great journey personally for me to exit out of HT and invest back in ST. Also, with whatever little learning i had, went about these upgrades purely based on online research, reviews and my own gut feel.

I am still trying to push the sound treatment to the fag end and try to see what other options and lever i have to improve the sound

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back