From where do you guys get the components ?

marX

Hi !

I'm in the middle of modding my wm8740 dac board and having a hard time getting the right components. I have tried many sites and only the projectpoint.in as well as dnatech have been prompt. Other sites like tanotis.com, rsdelivers etc haven't even shipped the orders even after 1 week.
Also, I cannot seem to find low voltage film caps (not ceramic). All I get is 100V plus !

So, I'm wondering from where you guys are getting stuff !

Tanotis guys order your items usually from China once you pay. So it takes around 2 weeks to get delivered but they do prompt delivery and none of my orders have been lost. Slightly higher side compared to direct eBay or Aliexpress ordering but you have advantage that its an Indian site and faster delivery compared to 30-45 days on other sites. RSDELIVERS guys again get your items from their UK warehouse, so expect at least 7-10 days of delivery from the date of your order.
Other sites you can consider are diyaudiocart.com, theaudiocrafts.com, shelfkey.in, electroncomponents.com, robomart.in, eightaudio.in and diyaudioparts.com etc.

Depends on what components one is trying to source. I source mainly components for analog electronics and almost everything is available locally here in Trivandrum. I have ordered from Aliexpress and have received the same components which I get here in Trivandrum :) Seems like the source of everything going around these days, is China. Quality of the components is generally good, much better than my early days in electronics when components sold by these sellers, used to be sourced in India.

Thank you guys for the post !

Tanotis guys order your items usually from China once you pay. So it takes around 2 weeks to get delivered but they do prompt delivery and none of my orders have been lost. Slightly higher side compared to direct eBay or Aliexpress ordering but you have advantage that its an Indian site and faster delivery compared to 30-45 days on other sites. RSDELIVERS guys again get your items from their UK warehouse, so expect at least 7-10 days of delivery from the date of your order.
Other sites you can consider are diyaudiocart.com, theaudiocrafts.com, shelfkey.in, electroncomponents.com, robomart.in, eightaudio.in and diyaudioparts.com etc.
SO, between Tanotis and RS Delivers, the better would be RS Delivers as they aren't charging any shipping, right ?

Regarding the other sites, none of them are hosting low voltage film caps.
Depends on what components one is trying to source. I source mainly components for analog electronics and almost everything is available locally here in Trivandrum. I have ordered from Aliexpress and have received the same components which I get here in Trivandrum :) Seems like the source of everything going around these days, is China. Quality of the components is generally good, much better than my early days in electronics when components sold by these sellers, used to be sourced in India.
What about low voltage polypropylene caps ?
Is it available in Trivandrum ?

I have bought some stuff from AliExpress and the whole experience was good. But yeah, shipping time is too much.
There are some options like-
mouser, ebay, diyaudiocart etc
Mouser charges ~Rs 1200 for shipping !

BTW, anyone ordered from element14 (kitsnspares) ?
I was about to purchase a lot of stuff but then on their checkout page (kitsnspares, I don't have GST reg.), they quoted a shipping time of 3 weeks !!
Thats unacceptable !

Last edited:
HI marX,
you may pl.try http://www.inkocean.in/
it's in Bangalore.
I have bought many OP AMPS from them.
as far as i am concerned they are highly reliable and prices reasonable.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Yes, they have some opamps for sale.

But, there aren't that many components like capacitors !

@marX You can contact mouser India Pune office.They charge very less shipping.
Now this is interesting !
How does it work ?
Can I just email them ?

I just contacted Mouser India and they asked me to contact SM Electronics or AQtronics who are their official resellers.

Usually rsdelivers does not charge any shipping but the prices of the components are slightly on higher side. On top of that most of the small parts they will only sell it like distribution type minimum quantity of 1000's which does not make sense for our DIY. Otherwise good enough for most of the rarely available parts. You need to have a registered GST for booking via element14.in site, otherwise you need to use kitsnspares.com site who are the authorized reseller of element14 in India. They usually take 2-3 weeks and they charge around 100-150 within Karnataka and slightly more outside. As far as I have seen the mouser.in website is just the site being provided for Indians in the INR pricing otherwise they ship it from US only I think as they charge a flat shipping of minimum 1200/- which is ridiculous for small items for DIY. But if buying in bulk like 4-5 guys grouping and ordering then the best site to book any item with shipping charges being shared among the group :)

thanks

Now this is interesting !
How does it work ?
Can I just email them ?
You can contact Bangalore office first and then they can guide you.They charged Rs.200 as shipping last year.They even has free shipping for certain orders I guess. They will ask you to email your order and you will get Quotes.They will place order once you confirm it. It takes around 15-20 days for shipping.

By the way, found this site.

Incredibly pricey though !

Last edited:
I bought some Riston photo film two years ago to make prototype pcbs from someone in Pune I think. It worked out very well. I had some left but cant find it . Neither can I find the source I got it from. They had a pro web page but they supply small quantities to DIY'ers . Does any one know where I can get Riston ( from Dupont ?) , say a 30cm x 1 m piece. Thanks.

Hacktronics.in has dry film photoresist of unknown (likely Chinese) origin. However their shipping charges are very high.

The Pune vendor must be this one, but I was unable to get a response from them to my query -

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back