Front Floorstanding speakers for Denon X1400H AVR?

Thanks. Can you tell me why will you pick Wharfedale in spite of having 4ohms nominal impedance and lesser sensitivity than Fyne Audio? Note: nothing against wharfedale, my love my Diamond 220.
I have not heard any fyne audio speaker. So thats an unknown to me. Wharfedale is Not 4 ohms nominal, they are being honest by mentioning the minimum impedance the speaker reaches, something that is not seen many manufacturers do. Finally the receiver you have chosen can do 4 ohms and you can biamp the speakers. Ticks all the boxes.

This would be my choice since I cannot Audition. If I could, then well the audition results would dictate the decision.

MaSh

I have not heard any fyne audio speaker. So thats an unknown to me. Wharfedale is Not 4 ohms nominal, they are being honest by mentioning the minimum impedance the speaker reaches, something that is not seen many manufacturers do. Finally the receiver you have chosen can do 4 ohms and you can biamp the speakers. Ticks all the boxes.

This would be my choice since I cannot Audition. If I could, then well the audition results would dictate the decision.

MaSh
After you clarified that I would miss surround track with 3.1 system, I am considering moving to 5.1/7.1 soon. In that case I can't Biamp, right? still it would be fine for wharfedale?

Any suggestion on Polk S50?

After you clarified that I would miss surround track with 3.1 system, I am considering moving to 5.1/7.1 soon. In that case I can't Biamp, right? still it would be fine for wharfedale?

Any suggestion on Polk S50?

If 5.1, then yes you can biamp. 7.1 No. On paper I do not see an issue with running those speakers to normal listening volumes. However, now that the requirements are changing a bit, you can try checking out receivers which have Pre Out. That way you can build you layout and have the option of adding an external power amp later if needed.

MaSh

Is it necessary to mention that AVR has to bi-amp capable. Denon AVR-X1400h can be assign for Bi-amplification mode.
If it has all channel stereo mode then front and back channels are clone to the front. You can connect two left amps (front and back ) to the binding posts of the speakers removing the clamp. Same for right channel. Depending upon how the amp is designed you may benefit or not benefit. Give it a try, thats all I can say. I had tried it with a yamaha reciever in the past, with no obvious improvement in sound as the power supply used for all 4 amps is same. You may get benefit if you are playing very loud where your transistors wont be strained as the job is divided for two different amps.

I read very good review about Mission LX-2 bookshelf - (hifimart 15K). Will it match with X1400H?
  • 86.5dB sensitivity (1w @ 1m)
  • 20-100W recommended amp power
  • 6 Ohms nominal impedance
  • 4.4 Ohms minimum impedance
  • 60Hz-30kHz frequency response
Other than this I have identified DALI Skeptor 2 and Polk S50 too. Your suggestions please.

The hunting ended. I have finalized and ordered Denon X1400H and Polk S50/S35/S10. Expecting them next week end.

@MaSh Thanks to all FMs. I appreciate your patience in encountering annoying questions from me. Almost more than an year I spent time here, learnt a lot, growing from zero to some basic level, it will continue here. You guys are awesome. Once I finished build l will update here to bring this thread to logical conclusion.

The hunting ended. I have finalized and ordered Denon X1400H and Polk S50/S35/S10. Expecting them next week end.

@MaSh Thanks to all FMs. I appreciate your patience in encountering annoying questions from me. Almost more than an year I spent time here, learnt a lot, growing from zero to some basic level, it will continue here. You guys are awesome. Once I finished build l will update here to bring this thread to logical conclusion.
Congratulations. Looking forward to your feedback and pics. Cheers.

My choice also similar with yours. Let me know once you set it up...share a feedback

Congratulations. Great decision.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back