Front On Wall Speakers

Btw the XTZ people replied.
I thought would share it with you all. Spirit 6 can be used as an LCR

Attachments

• FEA414C1-F700-41F4-B47D-25C0BAF961F9.png
    FEA414C1-F700-41F4-B47D-25C0BAF961F9.png
    960.4 KB · Views: 36
ok.

Spirit 6 can be mounted vertically as well. Since it is slim model, will fit well for your requirement.

Try to avoid mounting L/R close to the TV unit horizontal plane, if it is close there will be reflection from there.

The Center Spirit 8 you can keep close to the edge of the table so that there won't be reflection for that as well.

You need not consider XPA3 for Spirit 6, since the RMS wattage max is 125W. Possibly you can add XTZ Edge A2-300.
You can start with Marantz 6014 AVR, can add the Amp later (if you feel there is a need)

Quick question: My dealer tells me I can also upgrade to Denon 3600. There’s a price difference of around 15K between Denon 3600 and the Marantz 6014. According to him Denon is not as warm as the Marantz and not as sharp as the Yamaha so it’s best of both worlds being in the middle.

Since my usage split is music:movies :: 30:70, he said I’d enjoy Denon more. Plus it’s cheaper and there’s not much difference between the two specs wise. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Go for denon 3600 as its tuned much better for movies. Marantz 6014 has got v poor test reports in audioscience lab tests.

Quick question: My dealer tells me I can also upgrade to Denon 3600. There’s a price difference of around 15K between Denon 3600 and the Marantz 6014. According to him Denon is not as warm as the Marantz and not as sharp as the Yamaha so it’s best of both worlds being in the middle.

Since my usage split is music:movies :: 30:70, he said I’d enjoy Denon more. Plus it’s cheaper and there’s not much difference between the two specs wise. Thoughts?

Its not really an upgrade. Marantz 6014 per channel power is slightly more than Denon 3600H.
Marantz 6014 is 110W per channel when 2 channel driven. In case of 3600H, it is 105W per channel. So total Marantz 6014 is around 220 and Denon 3600H is around 210W
Marantz HDAM and current feedback topology, Gold Plated Terminals, multi-channel 7.1 inputs, component video output are additional things in Marantz 6014

If possible try to audition the speakers with both Denon and Marantz - with same music and movie content. Decide based on what you like.
Marantz considered to be more musical than Denon

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back