Full HD Converted videos not playing on my HDDVD!?

azap

Hello everyone, im new to this forum.
I purchased a Benq SD3731 FULLHD TV from Vijay sales..
here's the TV: BenQ India - Consumer Electronics

I also purchased a FULLHD Upscaling HDDVD player of Philips
here the dvd player: Philips - DVD player with HDMI and USB HDMI 1080p DivX Ultra - DVP3388/94 - DVD Players - Blu-ray and DVD - Sound and vision
My HDDVD player model is 3388.
Now when i play a small 3 minute FULL HD converted video ie 1920X1080 on TV via USB via DVD, it comes as "VIDEO RESOLUTION NOT SUPPORTED"
And if i convert it to normal PC resolution like say 640x700 ,it plays fine,but quality comes bad!
I tried this with other videos and i got same result!!
Now my question is ,is it because im Playing the video through the Pendrive ,the FULLHD converted video does not play,or is there some problm with TV or HDDVD??
PLZZ HELP ME....
Thanks

here the dvd player: Philips - DVD player with HDMI and USB HDMI 1080p DivX Ultra - DVP3388/94 - DVD Players - Blu-ray and DVD - Sound and vision
Now when i play a small 3 minute FULL HD converted video ie 1920X1080 on TV via USB via DVD, it comes as "VIDEO RESOLUTION NOT SUPPORTED"
And if i convert it to normal PC resolution like say 640x700 ,it plays fine,but quality comes bad!
Now my question is ,is it because im Playing the video through the Pendrive ,the FULLHD converted video does not play,or is there some problm with TV or HDDVD??
PLZZ HELP ME....
Thanks

What format is your file? What is the size of the file?

I guess this player plays only DivX formats, usually HD contents are in .mkv formats, which this player does not support. And the spec tells that it support's HD JPEG images and not HD video files, and this is not a true HD player, it only upscales normal DVD to 1080p via HDMI.

cheers

Please note that your player is not to be called as "HDDVD Player".. It is only an "DVD player" which will upconvert you SDDVD to 720p/1080P resolution...

You can expect a reasonalble result out of this for a normal SDVD discs.

It will not play any HD contents Discs.

So no fault with your TV, it is with your player.. Buy an reasonably priced Bluray player in the market and enjoy all the contents.

What format is your file? What is the size of the file?

I guess this player plays only DivX formats, usually HD contents are in .mkv formats, which this player does not support. And the spec tells that it support's HD JPEG images and not HD video files, and this is not a true HD player, it only upscales normal DVD to 1080p via HDMI.

cheers

Thanks for the reply...

I converted the file to FULLHD ie 1920x1080 wmv format with help of Total video converted 3.50 HD. So the file size became from 15mb to 260mb.

And if this is not a true HD Player, then to what resolution should i convert the video ,so that i can get Maximum Quality? and plzz tell me which dvd players are true hd?

Please note that your player is not to be called as "HDDVD Player".. It is only an "DVD player" which will upconvert you SDDVD to 720p/1080P resolution...

You can expect a reasonalble result out of this for a normal SDVD discs.

It will not play any HD contents Discs.

So no fault with your TV, it is with your player.. Buy an reasonably priced Bluray player in the market and enjoy all the contents.

Thanks for the help srinisundar.
So i need to buy a blue ray player for playing in full hd, I plan to buy a PS3 which i know has Blue ray player inbuilt in it , should i go for the PS3 or normal blue ray player?

Lot of option available additionaly by owning the present DVD Player...

1) Do you play games and watch Bluray movies ; Go for PS3.( games are very expensive and no backward compatiability for PS2 games mostly)
2) Only watch HD ( Bluray movies ) : Go for dedicated blu ray player
3) Want to download/ Rip HD content movies/ SD movies more and not going to buy much Original Blu ray DVD contents - Then go for Video streamer like WD TV Live / Xtreamer / Play on ( Lot of information in forum regarding this)

One last question, what force you or how you deceide to go for Benq?

Regards

Thanks for the reply...

I converted the file to FULLHD ie 1920x1080 wmv format with help of Total video converted 3.50 HD. So the file size became from 15mb to 260mb.

?

DVDp will not play HD-WMA format as it dont support it.Try connecting Laptop OR PC to Benq.

PLZZ HELP ME....
Thanks

I have philips 3368 model which is similar to ur's
and i was shocked to see it not playing 1080p videos
and why the heck do they call 'em HD DVD players :annoyed::annoyed:I was so pissed off... only later i learnt that these DVD players can only play a maximum resolution of 720p!!
so I almost thrashed it and using my laptop to view HD on TV....
looking to buy a WDTV.....but deficiency of vitamin M:(

Guys,

Please kindly go thru earlier post... It is not the mistake of Philips,,, It is basicaly your understanding and misinterpretation on format.

Kindly differentiate between Upscaling DVD and FULL HD Player. Please make up your mind there is only 2 format DVD/ Bluray exists now and DVD is 480P and Bluray is 1080P.

Their advertisement/spec clearly states is to improve/upscale the PQ of 480P( DVD discs) to 720P & 1080P which suits HD ready( 720P) & Full HD(1080P) TV's.

Please note only LG has adveritsed wrongly their product in Paper itself as HD-DVD Player and later withdraw that.

I have philips 3368 model which is similar to ur's
and i was shocked to see it not playing 1080p videos
and why the heck do they call 'em HD DVD players :annoyed::annoyed:I was so pissed off... only later i learnt that these DVD players can only play a maximum resolution of 720p!!
so I almost thrashed it and using my laptop to view HD on TV....
looking to buy a WDTV.....but deficiency of vitamin M:(

I agree with u!!!!!!!
If its not a HD-DVD ,then why the hell should they say it is, cant they just tell only upscaling dvd player...
Ive wasted my 5K , i could hav bought a PS3 directly instead of this junk had i know earlier....

Hi Can you tell me the performance of Benq LCD?

PLZZ HELP ME....
Thanks

buy a wdtv player, it plays all sort of sd/hd videos and formats..
instead of spending on bluray player and blueray discs.. download blueray rips from net and play on wdtv...

I agree with u!!!!!!!
If its not a HD-DVD ,then why the hell should they say it is, cant they just tell only upscaling dvd player...
Ive wasted my 5K , i could hav bought a PS3 directly instead of this junk had i know earlier....

It's not a complete waste...

If you have a good number of DVD's, play them on the DVD player, use an HDMI cable to connect to your Full HD TV, and then post your experience on the upconverted video quality. You may be surprised with what you see..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back