Full HD vs HD Ready TVs

krishneo

I am planning to buy a TV > 42 inch...i have read through this forum where most people say it will not be that much prominent...1920*1080 and 1024*768....... the blu ray outputs at 1920*1080...so i feel a TV capable of utlizing the entire spectrum of that is better... There should definetely be some difference to naked eye.....any users of both resolution shred light on it?

32 inch HD ready will do
40,42 inch Full HD will be better but it all depends on your budget
Besides resolution is not the only factor to decide which TV to go for .
There are many semi-hd plasma's which looks great than full hd lcd and some leds also
for 50 inch full HD would be better

Go for fhd... Details r missing...m facing it now even blu ray looks crap on my he ready in comparison to tata sky had...I got 42xt50

Depend on your sitting position. If you have the ideal or less than ideal distance, you need to invest in an appropriate resolution TV. For screens larger than 42 inches, IMO, full HD is must. Even if you have a 42 inch screen but your watching distance is less than 10 feet you should invest in a full HD TV.

Another compelling reason for you to buy a Full HD TV is the resolution of your source. If your player outputs at full HD, why lose that resolution?

However, if you have a large area and your sitting distance is say 15-16 feet, 720p will indeed be more than enough.

It depends on your budget, your viewing distance and % of different video materials you will watch. If you are low on budget and watch blu ray content is less than 15% then go for a 50 inch HD ready vs 42 inch full HD. Or else 50 full HD is always there

thx all....I will be watching only blu-ray and the 720p(3 GB) mkv rips on it.....have another 26 in Sammy LCD for the TV content....i just watch cricket stuff on TVs...rest all on the rips and bluray......my max budget is arnd 70k.... my room size is 12x10 and the viewing distance is small ..around 5.8 to 6 feet... and is 3d TV worth it?

Last edited:
Go for fhd... Details r missing...m facing it now even blu ray looks crap on my he ready in comparison to tata sky had...I got 42xt50

thx...this is my most imp criteria...details.....plus the eternal black bars of bluray(aspect ratio 2.45:1)...kind of wastes screen space.....guess atleast 46 maybe then?

thx all....I will be watching only blu-ray and the 720p(3 GB) mkv rips on it.....have another 26 in Sammy LCD for the TV content....i just watch cricket stuff on TVs...rest all on the rips and bluray......my max budget is arnd 70k.... my room size is 12x10 and the viewing distance is small ..around 5.8 to 6 feet...

for that kind of budget if you dont mind Plasma - the samsung 51e550 and Panasonic 50ut50 come close. Log on to CNET and see what they have to say - UT seems to have a slight edge.

No screen size is big enough when it comes to watching movies. If blu-ray is going to be the main source or 1080 hd rips, them go for fhd model. Otherwise hdr model is good enough. At a distance of more than ten feet, the differentiation between 1080p and 720p will not be much.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

No screen size is big enough when it comes to watching movies.
:lol::lol:
I always think that and daydream buying a old theater hall and upgrade for myself only......:p

best is experiment.
if you find you are satisfied with hd ready buy it.
otherwise go for full hd.
at your budget 50 inch full hd panasonic plasma is avilable by the way.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back