Furutech Power cable

panditji

Hi, requesting anyone in Delhi to loan a Furutech Power cable if only for an hour.. I am not a believer but I heard some changes with a power cable in my system when fancy ICs and speaker cables did not... So before spending Rs. 35k on a Furutech TCS 31 power cable, I was hoping if I could hear one in my system..

Queenway FURUTECH free oxygen copper British Standard HIFI power cable 16mm speaker power cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/csyD3mCu

There are Many Available on AliExpress, don't know how Original they are. But My previous experience with Copy speaker cables from AE, I couldn't find a difference. Since most of the manufacturers source components from China (Cables won't require lot of engineering finesse for assembling anyway) ; the resultant SQ may not be very bad in my opinion.

Others can chip in with their experience with AE Cables.

I had ordered Furutech banana p lugs last year from Aliexpress and put them on Mogami 3103.. No difference heard with a Furutech speaker cable with Furutech banana plugs ... Even the owner of the Furutech speaker cable could not make out any difference..

However the same owner's Furutech Power cord made a substantial difference in the sound quality vis a vis my Luxman power cord which came with my amp but Luxman also sells it separately... None of the original Furutech products are on Aliexpress but some of them such as copper banana plugs can be easily made since there is no special technique in making them..Not sure about the high end power cords although on paper they should all sound the same...

Also most of the high end power cord manufacturers themselves use Furutech connectors for their own cords so I am assuming there is something special about the Furutech IEC and Schuko connectors else why wouldn't the other manufacturers get the same from China if their own cables were equally good... In the link you shared, the quality of the connectors does not seem very good and the thickness of the cord could simply be a sleeve which can easily be customised... But thanks for sharing the link ...

I am assuming there is something special about the Furutech IEC and Schuko connectors else why wouldn't the other manufacturers get the same from China if their own cables were equally good
Definitely yes, but where does furutech make its connectors from ? I'm not sure on that.

In the link you shared, the quality of the connectors does not seem very good and the thickness of the cord could simply be a sleeve
That was appearing better of the lot available in the search , there's bunch of furutech cable with per meter pricing and connectors separately for purchase on AE. Again I'm not sure of the quality.
Not sure about the high end power cords although on paper they should all sound the same...
Same here, that's why I'm expecting some other members who used AE power cable can add their experience here. There's highly rated PS Audio power cable for sale as well.
Even the owner of the Furutech speaker cable could not make out any difference..
That's quite interesting I think, even I was assuming an AE speaker cable to be original after listening to that. I have not used any AE power cable though. If there's no much difference, it'd mean a lot of savings (optimism).

Since you're not getting any cable to audition at home, I thought getting one from AE at a lower price may be better idea. I understand your concern, investing 36k for Power cable without home audition (where synergy matters a lot) is a strict No in my opinion.

AliExpress is full of imitation Furutech. If looking/wanting genuine buy from authorised dealers.

I don’t know about F28 connector. Never heard it. Connectors make a huge difference to the sound. I have always used the F11 all copper connectors in most of my earlier power cords. I like the F11 a lot. So also the IEGO copper. Very similar.

Yours is a green cable. My gut is you might like the blue cable more. Check with Mike Kay at Audio Archon. He will guide you correctly. You can give him my reference as Prem from India who has the Tekton DI SE speakers

F11 will be half the price of F 28. As you go higher up, you might be forced to get their receptacle and wall plate too to get the best from the connector and cable. My suggestion is to stick to F 11 or buy Sonarquest which is much cheaper if you are going DIY

Sonarquest is basically a F 28 knock off abd is very good

Last edited:
I have a green furutech with FI28 connectors 1 mts length if you want to try and yes power cables do make a huge difference if your system is that good

Bro can you let me know the source ?

I want to buy furutech as well around 1.5mts

Thanks

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back