Garrard 301 for Sale in Delhi!

Some time ago, maybe over couple of years, our infamous guy sent me some pictures of a 301 which he was pitching at 90K without tonearm or plinth. It looked like a 301 repaired with non-standard parts and had a Sony turntable mat. I politely declined. During those days, I had not heard of, or tried sources in England and Germany.

My opinion, not worth buying these in the Indian market. Most of the good ones out there are already taken. You'd need to be extremely lucky if you aspire to find a good one here :)

Last edited:
Some time ago, maybe over couple of years, our infamous guy sent me some pictures of a 301 which he was pitching at 90K without tonearm or plinth. It looked like a 301 repaired with non-standard parts and had a Sony turntable may. I politely declined. During those days, I had not heard of, or tried sources in England and Germany.

My opinion, not worth buying these in the Indian market. Most of the good ones out there are already taken. You'd need to be extremely lucky if you aspire to find a good one here :)

Absolutely Reuben. All the good ones are already taken here in India. This will most probably been a repaired turntable with Non OEM parts. I don't think I have even come across a decent working 301/401 for sale here in India. The ones I've comes across were rubbish and priced as diamonds :mad:.

The European market is the place to go as I honestly believe their markets are much more honest and priced rightly.

Absolutely Reuben. All the good ones are already taken here in India. This will most probably been a repaired turntable with Non OEM parts. I don't think I have even come across a decent working 301/401 for sale here in India. The ones I've comes across were rubbish and priced as diamonds :mad:.

The European market is the place to go as I honestly believe their markets are much more honest and priced rightly.

Yes epecially if you buy the 301, 401, td124 or L75 from its original owner. My experience of buying both the L75 and 401 were fantastic as both were from the original owners who confirmed that they owned them from new. Single ownership is always the best ownership.

Seeing Mr. Singh in action is an amazing thing, he has TT's piled up one above the other in a dusty room and will try to sell you everything at three times the market price (at least). All his best ones are sold too, he only has a few of these refurbished Garrard's and EMT's left which are serious cross breeds, and their prices go up every year.

I have a supplier, a trust worthy person, who in Cal has a Garrard in working condition, ie, the motor is running. He couldn't figure out the model number and his asking price is 5K.

What would be the indicative price to freeze this!!

I have a supplier, a trust worthy person, who in Cal has a Garrard in working condition, ie, the motor is running. He couldn't figure out the model number and his asking price is 5K.

What would be the indicative price to freeze this!!

It would depend on the model

I was just browsing on the net and found this.
Mr. Lakhwant Singh
I dont understand the language. The prices are his right. We are at liberty to not buy. Its a free country.
On hindsight I am not feeling good. He may be a good person and may have been donating money etc. Now that I see his face I feel guilty and I apologize. I am not the person to make fun of old people. Will ask mods to remove the post.
Regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back