Thorens TD 126 MKII for Sale Delhi

Record Player

Saw this Thorens TD 126 MKII turntable for Sale in Delhi. Priced at 50k :sad:

Thorens td 126 turntable mk 2 - Delhi - Home Appliances - Electronics

The photos look of the original TT, however pictures do not cover various angles and the complete TT is not visible. No other details mentioned.

After doing a bit of reading, I understand this is a rare model of Thorens. Experts, any information on this?

Note: No affiliation with the seller. Sharing out of interest.

Cheers...

I think it is also advertised on hifiads.com

The seller has mentioned "Imported from Germany" in Olx whereas in hifiads he has mentioned "Imported from England".

Hope the seller is aware they are two different countries.:)

This seller is "Arvind". The mobile number listed is different from Lakhwant's.

dQ: is the 126 as good as the 125?

The 125 is considered to be better than than the 126. I have used both and I know for sure that TD 125 sounds better. I understand that TD-125 was meant for Home use and TD 124 for professional use. The TD 126 has more electronic parts than TD-125 but TD-126 is also an excellent TT if well set up

The 125 is considered to be better than than the 126. I have used both and I know for sure that TD 125 sounds better. I understand that TD-125 was meant for Home use and TD 124 for professional use. The TD 126 has more electronic parts than TD-125 but TD-126 is also an excellent TT if well set up

pardon the dumb question but is one of these, a re-badged EMT?

pardon the dumb question but is one of these, a re-badged EMT?

Not sure if this helps but I think the EMT is somewhere involved:

1976 Introduction of the "Isotrack"-tonearm with a low effective mass. This is an updated version of the TP16 tonearm featuring remove-able 'arm wands' fixed by a collar lock very close to the pivot bearing. Moving the coupling joint closer to the pivot reduced effective mass substantially. The replaceable arm-wand of this tonearm is called the TP62. A later version of the isotrack tonearm, called the TP16-III used another style of arm-wand designated the TP63. Both of these tonearms rated their effective mass at 7.5 grams. These tonearms were suitable for use with phono cartridges having high compliance suspensions.

Optional with the Isotrack tonearms were arm-wands featuring integrated phono cartridges. The TPO63 and TPO70 were two such arm-wands. In cooperation with EMT, Thorens produced special cartridges of the moving-coil variety. Integrated arm-wand-cartridges TMC63/TMC70, phono cartridges MCHI and MCHII as well as the PPA990 and STA960 (pre-preamplifier and step-up transformer)

Introduction of the TD126 Mk II with TP16 Mk II (Isotrack).

Introduction of the TD160 Mk II with TP16 Mk II (Isotrack)

Introduction of the TD166 with TP16 Mk II (Isotrack)

Introduction of the TD145 Mk II with TP16 Mk II (Isotrack)

Thorens commence with building the AT410 stereo receiver.

Thorens History

As far as I know, early models of Thorens TD-150 was made by EMT for Thorens. When Thorens decided to shift it's manufacturing unit to Germany, till their production unit was ready, they had got these early models of TD 150 made by EMT. Also, the original Thorens TD 124 arm may have been made by EMT as similar arm assembly can be seen on EMT models. It is also possible that these two companies could have had some joint ventures.

Wow!! that was quite educational. I've always had a fancy for the TD124 but prices these days are beyond my range. Once almost got a Telefunken re-badged TD135 but missed the bidding war by a whisker.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back