Going to Dubai .. what should I buy?

Spidey

hi
Can anybody tell where the hi-fi shops are there in Dubai..
which items are cheap there..

I am looking for : Full HD Projector, Universal remote, Univ DVDP like oppo980-983.

Pls advise..

regards

Spidey, just search for 'Dubai'. We have already discussed this in detail in a few threads.

Cheers

hi

I am looking for : Full HD Projector, Universal remote, Univ DVDP like oppo980-983.

Pls advise..

regards

I think SHARAF DG is the best...may be they wudve started RAMZAN offers...

hi

Pls advise..

regards

I don't think you get Oppo players in stores in Dubai. Although Oppo does ship to UAE addresses.

VenkatCR is walking-talking encyclopedia of music !!

How much duty i will have to pay if i bring a DVDP/BDP/AMp/SPk. etcc from dubai ?
Can i get a opened BDP in my luggage so no duties/

VenkatCR is walking-talking encyclopedia of music !!

How much duty i will have to pay if i bring a DVDP/BDP/AMp/SPk. etcc from dubai ?
Can i get a opened BDP in my luggage so no duties/

As long as you can prove that value of the product is less than INR 25K no duty applies. BDP should be quite easy you can just keep it in your case (still it may pop up in the scanners). Amp and spk could be tricky. for customs open or packed does not matter.

Alternatively you can ship the product by air cargo, to your address. recently, my friend when he visited he bought a Denon AVR2307 and wanted to ship it to his place in chennai by Airfreight. the cargo company charged 15% of value duty + AED 7.50 /kg. for the denon, it worked out to ~ AED 400for door delivery. cost + freight worked out roughly around INR 29K for the 2307, (can someone comment on this purchase. do you think he saved some money by purchasing here??)

2307 ?? why did he purchase a presumably old series model??

current series for same is 2310 and one series old is 2309..

for 29k .. i dont think it is a good deal and of course it is without warranty.
He could have purchased a similar used/demo model here.

2307 ?? why did he purchase a presumably old series model??

current series for same is 2310 and one series old is 2309..

for 29k .. i dont think it is a good deal and of course it is without warranty.
He could have purchased a similar used/demo model here.

2310 or 2309 were even more expensive. I felt it wasnt worth it eirther. I suggested him other marantz and there was a CA 540R for INR 10K (demo piece), but he was set on Denon, so I left it to his choice. BTW, the price is 24K without shipping. still not a good deal? he also got a Mordaunt Short Primiere 5.1 package for INR 15K, what you think abt that?

hi

From pure stand-alone point of view, i.e considering only 2307 and not comparing it to other models, it is a decent choice.
Becos for 29k he paid, he wont get a 23XX series of denon or even the newer yamahas like 665,765.

I know lots of guys who purchased 4307,4308 etc for good deals.

regards

Anymore members have experience of purchase from Dubai..

The Dubai Audio center is pretty high=end .. i was told.
Means deals with Morrels, Revel etcc..

What mall is good for computer/electronics goods..

Iphone 3G costs same as in Indian Grey.

Dubai Audio center is good...mostly british brands. did you not hear about Audissey store in Wafi mall?? they have 21 of the world's finest (read expensive) brands. I listened to Wilson Watt puppy + Lamm M1.2 combo...totally flabbergasted.

how much is that?
Anymore members have experience of purchase from Dubai..

What mall is good for computer/electronics goods..

Iphone 3G costs same as in Indian Grey.

what should I buy??????????
( some NON - AUDIO suggestions!)

DDF - Dubai duty free is known for low priced v.good liquor - and our government allows 2 Bottles/Per person - so if you enjoy scotch or single malt or conac ( or Tenessy -Jack aniels like me) head right there on airport!

Also if you are watch freak check for discounts,being a fashion item watches ( even swisss bands like Tissot,rado or longinies ) are discounted - (sometimes as high as 60% ..)

Also a good selection of pens available and sometimes with good discounts too - So you can increse your collection of Mont Balncs.Cross,Scheffer ,waterman or Arora's...

A good selection of designer sunglasses also available at good prices/discounts..

A lot of perfume shops sell Testers - Thse are bottles used for Testing in shops ,full bottles plane packing most of the time without Cap -still they last long and at hefty discounted retail price!!

how much is that?

Grey Market :-
New :
Iphone 3G 8GB : 18-20k
Iphone 3G 16GB : 23-26k
( a lot depends on your bargaining power and the hurry the seller is in and if u have ready cash)

Iphone 3GS : 37k (the latest)

Old Iphone 2G 16GB : 16-18k

All come with software ver 3.0 and are jail-brocken/unlocked for all carriers.

Happy buying !

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back