Going to Dubai .. what should I buy?

what should I buy??????????
( some NON - AUDIO suggestions!)

DDF - Dubai duty free is known for low priced v.good liquor - and our government allows 2 Bottles/Per person - so if you enjoy scotch or single malt or conac ( or Tenessy -Jack aniels like me) head right there on airport!

Also if you are watch freak check for discounts,being a fashion item watches ( even swisss bands like Tissot,rado or longinies ) are discounted - (sometimes as high as 60% ..)

Also a good selection of pens available and sometimes with good discounts too - So you can increse your collection of Mont Balncs.Cross,Scheffer ,waterman or Arora's...

A good selection of designer sunglasses also available at good prices/discounts..

A lot of perfume shops sell Testers - Thse are bottles used for Testing in shops ,full bottles plane packing most of the time without Cap -still they last long and at hefty discounted retail price!!

Cant separate hemant from his premium scothes !!:beer:

Sadly, i am a tetotaller..
Still will look out for the items u mentioned

what should I buy??????????
( some NON - AUDIO suggestions!)

DDF - Dubai duty free is known for low priced v.good liquor - and our government allows 2 Bottles/Per person - so if you enjoy scotch or single malt or conac ( or Tenessy -Jack aniels like me) head right there on airport!

Any Governemnt that allows only TWO bottles per person is not MY government :indifferent14:

That reminds me its been a really long time since I swigged on a Remy Martin Cognac :licklips:

Cheers

Last edited:
If you're not much of the scotch type and like liqueurs or cognacs here's an awesome vanilla cognac that was introduced to me. It's a tad more expensive than your regular duty-free suspects but totally worth it and makes for an amazing after-dinner drink...

Laptops and ipods are pretty cheap.
I think one is allowed to bring one laptop duty free.

Sharaf DG is a wellknown name..
and most malls like Dubai Mall, Mall of emirates, Al ain mall, etc have retail outlets for elctronics like Jumbo etc..

Laptops and ipods are pretty cheap.
I think one is allowed to bring one laptop duty free.

Sharaf DG is a wellknown name..
and most malls like Dubai Mall, Mall of emirates, Al ain mall, etc have retail outlets for elctronics like Jumbo etc..

Hey Spidey, you lucky man, you!

netbooks are all the rage now, if you can get a good deal on a sony vaio.....

and i have been told the marantz store in dubai may be selling the Marantz 8002 AV receiver for about 3000 dirhams, that would be a good bargain if want such a thing.

Well, have fun and spend wisely:clapping:

In india now all sportshoes available -still in Dubai you may get deadly discounts - anyway a chaep trick -while going wear a decent pair which you can discard ..as shoes are heavy and eat up packing volume ! So throw "entry shoes" in Dubai and walk out with fresh pair!

Also luggage is cheaper there so do not carry empty suitcases there ! You will be zapped by variety n prices!

My priority will be to buy a projector :

can anybody suggest any in 3000 to 4000 Dirhams range Full HD projector.

whats cost of panasonic PT3000 in dubai?

Is there any online site in dubai - equivalent to amazon, ebay, bestbuy in US?
Either it can be local shipment or worldwide. Any one did buy from such online, if it exists (and reliable)?

hi
Can anybody tell where the hi-fi shops are there in Dubai..
which items are cheap there..

I am looking for : Full HD Projector, Universal remote, Univ DVDP like oppo980-983.

Pls advise..

regards

Spidey you can check out the Pioneer Kuro series TV there in Dubai dont think its available in India(not even mentioned int their Indian website) now if you can find it do check the prices and post it here. :)

thanks in advance

Is there any online site in dubai - equivalent to amazon, ebay, bestbuy in US?
Either it can be local shipment or worldwide. Any one did buy from such online, if it exists (and reliable)?

My understanding is - nothing like this exists. In Dubai you just have to visit one of those massive hypermarts and hope to God that they have some AV shops:)

However, Venkat had earlier made a very useful post where he had listed down major Audio equipment dealers in Dubai and even Singapore. I found that list invaluable! Maybe you can refer to that.

My understanding is - nothing like this exists. In Dubai you just have to visit one of those massive hypermarts and hope to God that they have some AV shops:)

However, Venkat had earlier made a very useful post where he had listed down major Audio equipment dealers in Dubai and even Singapore. I found that list invaluable! Maybe you can refer to that.

best place according to me for av shopping in dubai...
VV&Sons ---------- A history of Successful Partnership !

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back