Good Audio Repair shop

sidvee

Esteemed Members,
Would any of you happen to know of a good trustworthy audio repair place. Other day I had a surge at my place and my only unprotected item - a Cyrus 8 int. amp - is non functional now. It powers up but no sound. I do not mind shipping the amp as it is quite small and lite - hence the need for trustworthiness on the part of the repairer.
Cheers
Sid

Would any of you happen to know of a good trustworthy audio repair place.

the need for trustworthiness on the part of the repairer.

Hi Sidvee,

I can suggest you a guy in Hyd itself. He is very brilliant and honest but a little cranky. You have to put up with his attitude for the job he does. I don't have his contact details but can explain you the location.

When you are driving down RP Road, after the bible house overbridge, the road splits into two. One that is main road, goes & meets the MG Road ahead of Ranigunj and the other one, (one the left) leads you to lower tank bund.

Take that road & after about 200 mtrs, you will find a commercial complex. His shop is on the first floor.

PM me your phone No. if you are not clear so that I can explain you the location.

Rgds

Rajesh

Esteemed Members,
hence the need for trustworthiness on the part of the repairer.
Cheers
Sid

Sir,
I think you know the lane of Secunderad Yashoda Hospital . If You enter that lane from CMR side ,after crossing Yashoda and down the lane there is a HP GAS company . In the building just before to the GAS Co. there is a repair shop by name Archana Electronics ,if I remember the name well. One Mr. Venkateswara Rao , again If I remember his name ,is a qualified engineer and who does good repair works and is trust worthy. His service charges are quite high. Generally he undertakes repair of high end products and imports spares if necessary.You can approach him and If you , post your experiance.

Regards

Esteemed Members,
Would any of you happen to know of a good trustworthy audio repair place. Other day I had a surge at my place and my only unprotected item - a Cyrus 8 int. amp - is non functional now. It powers up but no sound. I do not mind shipping the amp as it is quite small and lite - hence the need for trustworthiness on the part of the repairer.
Cheers
Sid

to trust a cyrus - with repair?

SOUND N VISION PUNE. Your one stop solution for all your Hifi needs - Hi end audio/video, home theatre and pro audio/studio.

What an awful disaster, not to mention the possible financial loss.

My 3i sends your 8 (it's senior brother) every good wish for recovery.

By the way, I had cause to enquire about repairs for a Cyrus CD player about six years ago (in the end I gave it away non-working) --- and Cyrus told me that they had a flat rate (or minimum charge; to be honest, I don't recall) of GBP100. Hmmm... Of course they would be the best, but Rs7,000-plus and the courier cost and the possible export/import hassle?

On the other hand, they sell here, so maybe they have authorised repair shops eg for warranty work. Worth asking them or their reseller here. If you find they do, I'll be making a note of it in my ageing 3i's manual!

Thanks everyone for the leads - very helpful - BTW I contacted the authorised dealer - I was told that the repairs can be done with upgrades that would cost anywhere between Rs. 80,000 - 100,000! - as the unit has to be sent to UK. There was no mention of just a repair cost, probably not worth their while, but in all fairness to them I didnt buy it from them. So evidently that route is definitely a no go for me.
Best Regards,
Sid

70 to 80 thousand!

Words fail me.

Just might be worth the cost of an international call to check with Cyrus direct --- although I still don't like the idea of the shipping and the interaction with customs.

I had e-mailed Cyrus directly a couple of years back and they had quoted $850 to upgrade (to a VS2 I think). This did not include shipping and no customs, so all in all I think Rs. 80,000 considering all said and done may be the right ballpark or maybe a bit on the higher side, but that is for an upgrade to the new version.
Anyways I have decided to take up an offer from my favorite dealer and have his tech. take a look at it. For what little I use it in a third system, I dont want to spend that kind of money on it, but regardless it is a sweet sounding amp. BTW, Thad I have a Cyrus III powering my Dynaudio Focus 110 in a living room system and love that little bugger:lol:. Must say Cyrus builds good equipment.
Cheers
Sid

Mr. Sidvee,
As you are a resident of Hyd why don"t you visit vectors at Nagarguna circle . I was told that they will undertake reairs of any imported Amps.
Please visit once to them either at No. 348, Road No.22 , Jubilee Hills or at Lumbini Amrutha Chambers , Besides chutneys, Nagarguna Circle . If they are confident in repairing it you may use their services.

Regards

Sidvee, I'm fond of my Cyrus too. It is very easy to "hear" the benefit of spending money, and it was very much more expensive than the amp it replaced, but the day I took that little box home it was just impossible to deny how much better it sounded.

Did you make any progress on this? Have yo had you Cyrus repaired?

Do let us know what happens!

No not yet Thad. I have 2 options as it stands - like I said a dealer friend of mine offered to have his tech. take a look - he deals in high end stuff so I know that it will get fixed- of-course parts etc may take time as he is not a Cyrus dealer (This is the option I am most inclined to). The other options is this Vector systems in Hyd, whom, member S.P. Krishna so kindly referred. I have yet to contact them but will update once I do so. I have not used any other leads but will try them once the current options dont work.
Cheers
Sid

hey sidvee m in hyd too and i once checked with profx.. babukhan mall..(panjagutta).
these guys do know local tech who are good at repairing stuff ..just chk on to them once..

Sidvee, I'm fond of my Cyrus too. It is very easy to "hear" the benefit of spending money, and it was very much more expensive than the amp it replaced, but the day I took that little box home it was just impossible to deny how much better it sounded.

Which model is it?

Regards

One more option -

Contact Mr. Sachin Punjabi of Avis Electronics @ R.P. Road. It's an old retail/repair shop that comes highly recommended. They fixed my Marantz CD5004 recently, admittedly a small job at a reasonable cost. Check with him personally for high end repairs.

He can be reached at: +91-9440746767 / +91-40-27703723/ [email protected]

It is an old thread but thought I will provide a closure since I was the OP. There was a power board burnt in my amp. and Cyrus refused to send me a new one. They wanted the amp. sent back to U.K for service, which was pointless considering the costs involved. Needless to say the amp. was junked long ago and I have moved on from the brand.
Cheers,
Sid

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back