Good co-axial cable

Guys,

Coaxial & Optical cables perform the same. They both support Dolby Digital & DTS and their versoins of the audio formats. Not sure why some of you are hearing better w/ coax (could be your ears playing tricks).

I use both and do not see a difference.

Also, don't fall prey to Monster or Audioquest brands for these cables esp. Optical (Toslink). Its digital - if it works it does if not then there is a problem. And all cables work the same for shorter distances (upto 30 feet).

Any 75 ohms cable shoudl work for coax (like a video or component video cable )

Last edited:
Hi,

Can some one please help me with the dealer contact for Co-axial cables in Chennai.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Ramesh,

They would be available at any electronics mall/store like Reliance Digital, X-Cite, E-Zone etc. Not sure of contact details (since I am from Hyderabad), but I am sure all electronic malls/stores will stock them.

Ramesh,

They would be available at any electronics mall/store like Reliance Digital, X-Cite, E-Zone etc. Not sure of contact details (since I am from Hyderabad), but I am sure all electronic malls/stores will stock them.

Thanks, will check in e-zone this weekend.

Hi all,
I would like to share my story of digi coax cable...

I recently upgraded my stereo setup with Audio-GD DAC and a preamp. I used "DAC" brand digi coax cable (costing approx 1k) to connect digital out of soundcard to Audio-GD. I have been very impressed with the SQ and felt using better interconnect than the "basic" Audioquest Snake I was using now would improve things further. I contacted Jai (previous owner of Audio-GD) to suggest me good IC's that would complement Audio-GD. I was mildly surprised to know from him that I should rather search for better Digi-coax cable. I had read enough "Theory" to gather that due to nature of digital technology involved, any half-decent 75 ohm digi-coax would perform equally well as much expensive? /better cable. Nonetheless I kept reading about digi-coax and finally picked a deal on Audiogon for Belkin Synapse Platinum cable @ CAD$ 120.

belkinsynapse02.jpg

Belkin Synapse Platinum Pro Digi-coax cable

The cable arrived and owing to "Theory" read earlier, I was not expecting it to delivering anything more than a little more open sound and soundstage, a little more black-background, and a little more details in treble end, whereas the overall tonality would remain the same. Subsequent to first few bars into a song, I realised my expectation was correct only on one count... the overall tonality remained the same. It delivered much more on all remaining factors, and then some more. Now I am reporting this on risk of being ridiculed... the bass-heft has improved (I've read one thread somewhere, wherein it was explained at great length why Digi-coax cannot selectively improve on bass... guy's but I am telling you what i've heard). Another big improvement is vocals (male & female both). low-level details have more body now... rather being faintly heard. Loud and dense instrumental passages sound more relaxed now. (these comments are sounding like copy-paste of my comments elsewhere when I upgraded to audio-gd and preamp... we'll that's the way it has been folks... almost like a significant gear upgrade)

My "feeling is that this cable is delivering more bits (information) than my earlier "DAC" brand cable (or put the other way, the "DAC" brand was losing some bits during transit!), and the consequential effect is such that it appears to be selectively improving the Bass, vocals and low level details.

This story would be incomplete without a bit of caveat :). I've observed that the dramatic difference is observed only when the source is very detailed. I found that when I play music thru VLC player, or Windows media player, all the aforementioned improvements were marginally noticeable (in fact more like what I expected before trying this cable). The cable delivered significant difference only Using Foobar 2000. Now I would hazard a guess that remaining equipment in your chain also needs to be detailed and dynamic.

My suggestion to people wondering about effectiveness of "better" digi-coax is same as many others have opined ... go for better cable only if your remaining equipment is very good. One more thing... disregard what theorists say... that all 75 ohm cables sound same. They don't... you need a good system to hear the difference.

Regds,

Last edited:
^^That is a really good cable - used to have the belkin synapse once upon a time. Then sold it to Jai who I believe still has it.

These days I use a WSS Platin which is quite a few rungs higher up than this.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back