Good home theatre system for my room under 60k

jayvnandu

Hello friends :) I wanted to buy a new home theatre system for my room. My room is of size 12 x 12 feet approx. my budget is around 55-60k . I m relatively new to this forum and don't have that much knowledge about the speakers and receivers but I had read in this forum that it is better to go for separates . Also I would like to buy the whole set up in one go itself rather than upgrade time after time .. Any suggestions? Please help! Also I reside in mumbai so numbers of good dealers will also be appreciated :clapping:

Regards,
Jay.

Hello friends :) I wanted to buy a new home theatre system for my room. My room is of size 12 x 12 feet approx. my budget is around 55-60k . I m relatively new to this forum and don't have that much knowledge about the speakers and receivers but I had read in this forum that it is better to go for separates . Also I would like to buy the whole set up in one go itself rather than upgrade time after time .. Any suggestions? Please help! Also I reside in mumbai so numbers of good dealers will also be appreciated :clapping:

Regards,
Jay.

60K is a very good budget..Don't settle for a HTIB...

Checkout the speakers from Sonodyne Sonus range Sonus 1501 BS + Sonus C2401 Center channel + Surround dipoles + Roar 108 subwoofer you should get for roughly 40K....

You can also look for speakers from other brands, but tough to get @ the price of where Sonodyne's are....

For receivers, you can look @ Onkyo receiver TX-NR 313/414/515..They must cost you around 30 ~ 40K Approx...

If you budget is strictly 60K now, i would suggest you drop the subwoofer for now... Complete the 5.0 setup first..

Add the subwoofer as & when your budget allows..This way you don't have to upgrade the components...You can enjoy this setup like this for years to come...

Juz my thoughts...

Thanks for the reply! The sonus series from sonodyne are tower speakers? As my room is small I wouldn't like tower speakers in it ..also bookshelf are a bit awkward when considering the size of my room..
At hifi mart there are wharfedale dx1 and movie star speaker systems bundled with a reciever .. How is that for an option?

Thanks for the reply! The sonus series from sonodyne are tower speakers? As my room is small I wouldn't like tower speakers in it ..also bookshelf are a bit awkward when considering the size of my room..
At hifi mart there are wharfedale dx1 and movie star speaker systems bundled with a reciever .. How is that for an option?

What i suggested you was not towers but bookshelf speakers from Sonus range..

Wharfedale dx1 are satellite/Sub speakers...Sonodyne Sonus are proper BS/Sub combo...

Shortlist your options, listen to them & then decide....Choice is yours...

on the global ebay site the onkyo 515 reciever is for 32k including custom duties tax etc .. the only doubt i have in my mind is if i order that then will i require a step down transformer considering it is from the u.s ?
the technical details as per the site are as follows.

Key Features
Channels 7.2
Output Power 130 Watt
Amplifier Output Details 125 Watt - 6 Ohm - at 1 kHz - THD 0.1% - 7 channel(s), 80 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 kHz - THD 0.7% - 7 channel(s)
Surround Sound Effects Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround
Sound Output Type DTS
HDMI Yes
3D Ready Yes
Built-in Decoders DTS 96/24, DTS Express, DTS Neo:6, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES decoder, DTS-HD, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, Dolby TrueHD
Receiver Tuner Type Digital
Receiver Tuner Bands AM/FM
Response Bandwidth 5 - 100000 Hz

Technical Features
Input Impedance 47 kOhm
Input Sensitivity 200 mV

considering the price difference i find this quite a steal only if it works in India.
help? :(

The best place to buy receivers are the US/Middle East/Singapore..They are dead cheap...

If you buy from US (110 V) , you will need to buy an step down transformer..

Try to get it from Middle East/Singapore where the voltage is 220 - 240V...You will have no problems...

Someone in the forum recently bought Onkyo TX-NR 616 for 26K from Middle East... (In india it is 60K...) You will not get warranty covered in india... If you are ready to take the risk, you will benefit..:)

Ya the price difference is huge.. And if I get the reciever at such less price I can easily spend more on the speakers.. But what do you suggest? Should I take the risk?

And any sites from where I can order it from singapore? Or middle east? I thought of buying from U.S from eBay . com considering it is a safe site to buy from.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ya the price difference is huge.. And if I get the reciever at such less price I can easily spend more on the speakers.. But what do you suggest? Should I take the risk?

Depending on your risk taking abilities..:) Juz like how insurance companies quote it...

I have been using an Onkyo HTIB for the past 6 yrs (Which i bought it india for 55K)...I haven't had a single issue with it so far in the amplifier..Juz a problem with remote control..Only one key is not working...Otherwise, i would say superb build quality..

Depending on your risk taking abilities..:) Juz like how insurance companies quote it...

I have been using an Onkyo HTIB for the past 6 yrs (Which i bought it india for 55K)...I haven't had a single issue with it so far in the amplifier..Juz a problem with remote control..Only one key is not working...Otherwise, i would say superb build quality..

thank you so much for your valuable info. i wanted the system mainly for music. so would a yamaha reciever be a better choice?
and if i buy the reciever from the global ebay site then which speakers can i buy to go with the reciever ? ( considering i buy the onkyo 515 or the yamaha 573).
budget for speakers- (30k) :)

thank you so much for your valuable info. i wanted the system mainly for music. so would a yamaha reciever be a better choice?
and if i buy the reciever from the global ebay site then which speakers can i buy to go with the reciever ? ( considering i buy the onkyo 515 or the yamaha 573).

Which receiver is good for music is a very subjective one..So i ll refrain from commenting on it...

Generally Marantz receivers are perceived to be the best for music & movies...But if you are a casual listener who wants the best of both worlds (Music & Movie) from the same component, then a Onkyo/Yamaha/Denon receiver is the best choice in no order of preference....

But if you still feel that Music is of paramount importance than movies, then you will need to look @ solid stereo setup...Thatz a different category...

ok and what about the speaker sets ? i have already talked with a dealer in mumbai and going for audition tomorrow .. so which all speakers should i audition considering i buy the onkyo 515 reciever. speakers - (around 30k)

ok and what about the speaker sets ? i have already talked with a dealer in mumbai and going for audition tomorrow .. so which all speakers should i audition considering i buy the onkyo 515 reciever. speakers - (around 30k)

30K for 5.1 ?Tough... Either get 5.0 for now & then add subwoofer

BTW which brand are you auditioning tomorrow ?

Speakers there are lot to choose from...Looking @ your budget constraints, you can look for Sonodyne Sonus range as i suggested earlier... The reason behind is extreme VFM product...it will be tough to find an other speaker brand with same features @ that price...

ok thanks i ll audition them! i asked the dealer for onkyo 515 reciever he quoted 48k ..ebay india has it for 42k and global ebay has it for 32k ..i ll be auditioning the reciever along with the speakers you mentioned .. i can stretch the budget to 40k maxxx (for the speakers) . any wharfedale speakers? within that range? also how much will the step down transformer would cost considering if i buy it from the globay ebay site.

ok thanks i ll audition them! i asked the dealer for onkyo 515 reciever he quoted 48k ..ebay india has it for 42k and global ebay has it for 32k ..i ll be auditioning the reciever along with the speakers you mentioned .. i can stretch the budget to 40k maxxx (for the speakers) . any wharfedale speakers? within that range? also how much will the step down transformer would cost considering if i buy it from the globay ebay site.

Try to get the receiver from middle east/singapore thru any of your friends/relatives who are planning to come to india shortly..This is because of the voltage they have juz like india.. 220 - 240V..You don't need to buy any step down transformer...

Getting a 110V receiver is bit risky here..Juz in case your receiver develops any problem, you may find it difficult to get replacement spares...

Wharfedale diamond series are really good speakers....But you need to have a solid receiver to drive them..They are low on sensitivity & have difficult load to drive (6 Ohms) for the receiver..

Try to choose a speaker with 8 Ohms impedance & good sensitivity (>86db)

Try Polk RM6750 5.1 @ avenue sound... Extremely good VFM... Another good option for a 5.1 set is either Pioneer 41BS 5.1 with bookshelves or Pioneer 51FS 5.1 for Floor standers... 41BS should be in the 42-45k range & 51FS should be arounf 50k... Also if u want satalites & have a 50k budget then DefTech Procinema 600 is a good option... My recommendation is buy the AVR 1st & then audition it with diff speakers... Dont rely on guess work or word of mouth...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back