Good Instrument albums to look

Hi all,
I am interested in listening instrument tracks (especially, Acoustic guitar, saxophone, violin, Piano, KeyBoard etc). Let me know some very nice modern albums for this.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am interested in listening instrument tracks (especially, Acoustic guitar, saxophone, violin etc). Let me know some very nice modern albums for this.

I am assuming you mean western music.

Guitar : Martin Simpson is a standout artist. Most of his albums are excellent.
Paco De Lucia, Ry Cooder, Rev. Gary Davis are also excellent

Sax : Stan Getz, Houston Person, Wynton and Branford Marsalis, David Sanborn, JOhn Coltrane, Hank Crawford, Gerald Albright ...

Violin : Vanessa Mae, Itzhak Perlman, Joshua Bell, Isaac Stern

although i am not sure if this qualifies as modern but Herbie Hancock's 1995 The New Standard, has a fresh jazz infused take on some of these classics of rock...1. New York Minute
2. Mercy Street
3. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
4. When Can I See You
5. You've Got It Bad Girl
6. Love Is Stronger Than Pride
7. Scarborough Fair
8. Thieves In The Temple
9. All Apologies
10. Manhattan (Island Of Lights And Love)

Try these,

1. The Confluence, Santoor and piano by Richard Clayderman and Rahul Sharma.
2. Maya The Illusion - Rahul Sharma (Vocals by Sunidhi Chauhan).
3. kenny G's .
4. Vanessa Mae.

Not sure if this is very appropriate here, but you can watch out for 'Live at Acropolic' by Yanni. Though it is a concert but there are some excellent Violin solo. It was the team from Royal Philharmonic Orchestra from London who was accompanying Yanni. You can try for the DVD also as the sound quality is very good . It is a 5.1 DTS but playing on stereo mode wont be felt bad.

I have bought Kenny g . And got Yanni and Vanessa mae , Martin simpson from net. I liked all. Bought Best of country songs as well.

thanks for everyone for great suggestions.

curious case of Benjamin button OST
The painted veil OST
Lust Caution OST
the last temptation of Christ OST
Keiko Matsui live 1994
Jan Garbarek - In praise of Dreams
Yanni (all his albums after live at the royal Albert hall)
Maksim Mrvica- the piano player
Tseng Yung-Ching Magic Of The Chinese Flute
karen han - The Golden Butterfly.
Exotica OST
The fountain OST
Larry Carlton - On Solid Ground
Karunesh - global spirit

Last edited:
check ron rocco by Gustavo Santaolalla...lovely album :eek:hyeah:

Gustavo Santaolalla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"His most recent solo album, titled Ronroco (1998), contained several tracks with the characteristic sound of the charango, a folk string instrument, that poured into what constituted his next significant endeavor: music for movies. Ronroco also contains his (nearly)-solo piece for charango Iguazu, which has been used in The Insider by Michael Mann, Collateral also by Michael Mann, Babel by Alejandro Gonzlez Irritu, a 2007 Vodafone TV commercial, as well as the HBO TV series Deadwood. It also contains the track De Ushuaia a La Quiaca used by Walter Salles in his The Motorcycle Diaries."

51OVg6U1djL._SS500_.jpg

So far the best I listened to (mp3).

"The Very Best Of Smooth Jazz Guitar "
Looking for this CD (.wav). Any idea where in Bangalore will I get this?

This morning my son gave me a collection of the Irish-Norwegian duo "Secret Garden" and all the pieces are musically superb. One of their most well known albums is "White Stones". To say I was very moved is a bit of an understatement. This has been called the neo-classical style.

Regards.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back