Good speaker cable connectors

murali

I have a good US based friend in another forum who does extensive studies in cables and connectors on his own, and gives a lot of excellent tips and suggestions in this field. Needless to say, I have always benefited from his advice in choice of various cables and connectors, not forgetting to mention great value for money outcomes. Here is his latest posting:

(Quote)
Just wish to give a big audiophile thumbs-up to Xhadow spades, both from a mechanical and a sonic POV. I find it to be an excellent universal-fit spade (fits both 1/4" and 5/16" binding posts). Substantially and evenly plated with direct silver over a pure copper base with a complimentary mass. Compared to a number of other spades when placed in a second system, the Xhadow spades have won, hands down, IME ;-) Unless a solderless set screw type spade is of desire, I can fully recommend the Xhadow spade. BTW, it can also can double as a banana-to-spade adapter...

see link:

Take Five Audio - Canada's Online Source For High-End Audio, Parts and Accessories - Xhadow Reference Spades (Open in New Window)

(Unquote)

I find that their price is reasonable in the above website. Xhadow RCA and XLR connectors are already well known and widely accepted as some of the best.

Those looking for good quality connectors in their speaker cables may wish to take a look in the above Canadian website.

P.S. I had used in the past spades and plugs from WBT and Furutech but finally when I settled for Audioquest cables which come with the spades fitted from their factory, I stopped buying separate connectors. Also, I find spades much better than banana plugs.

Good luck to those venturesome souls.
murali

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back