Great Stand Mounts

dinyaar

Hi guys,
I was looking for a really great sounding bookshelf and have been hearing a few of them in bombay. The ones i heard and liked were the B&W 805 s, 705,. 685 and Dynaudio contour 1.4 and 1.3 SE(old and discontinued).Am going to also audition the focals(not sure of the model names)as they arrive.
The amps to drive them are Rotel Pre-power.

Are there any more i should audition that u guys have heard and liked?

Your suggestions and opinions are needed asap.Thanks.regards.

I don't know whether you are from Bombay, but if you are, you should give the GamuT bookshelves, the Phi 3s a listen.

Hi Ajay,
Thanks for the info. Where can i hear them? What price is the above speaker? And yes i am from Bombay.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi Ajay,
Thanks for the info. Where can i hear them? What price is the above speaker? And yes i am from Bombay.
Regards

You could call up Boom on 67708066 and schedule a demo.

SHANTI said:
Does GamuT make a better speaker - L3 ?

Yes, that is the L series bookshelf. Much more expensive than the Phi which in my opinion is unbeatable value for money.

GamuT makes 2 stand mount speakers.

A] Phi3
B] L3

The 'Phi' is lower than the 'L' in terms of hirachy.

I understand that Hermit Audio sells GamuT in India.
They have a dedicated demo room too.
Welcome at HERMIT AUDIO . COM
Some equipment is on demo...................

An audition may be the order of the day !!:eek:

audition usher be 718. contact arn systems bangalore. phone 08041459999, 08041234644 or sridhar arn systems 9880925992. iauditioned them last week. fantastic sound. cost is 1 lac 23 thousand. stands are 21 thousand.

Hi guys,
I was looking for a really great sounding bookshelf and have been hearing a few of them in bombay. The ones i heard and liked were the B&W 805 s, 705,. 685 and Dynaudio contour 1.4 and 1.3 SE(old and discontinued).Am going to also audition the focals(not sure of the model names)as they arrive.

Can we add Tany mercury F1,Wharfdale?

hi dinyaar!

the entry level focal bookshelves are the chorus 807v. the better ones are the electra 1007be (beryllium tweeter).

regards,
abhishek.

Hi guys,

hi,
if you dont mind pro series then would suggest you check out the JBL pro series(recording & Broadcasting).true VFM

Hi guys,

Why don't you list those speakers that you didn't like so that people do not recommend them again? Also do you have a price ceiling?
I would suggest:
  • Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 2
  • Usher BE 718
  • DALI Lektor 2
  • Dynaudio DM 2/7
  • MA BR2
  • MA Silver RS1

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back